Beverly Hills, FL

St Pauls Lutheran School 4

Posted January 30, 2015
This is our 1st yr at St Paul's & we like it. My son loved school since 1st day. The work/amount of homework is challenging, kids are held accountable. It's a small school & doesn't offer amenities like hot lunch but kids treat each other kindly & that's important. No bullies. They are very strict about late work-even if absent w doctor's note kids are restricted from recess. I like the Pastor very much & love the children's sermons when he sits on the floor with the kids. As for hell & damnation I'm pretty sure that what the other parent was being taught was that the consequence for sin is death- spiritual death. Jesus paid that debt for us so if you sin, you don't die. They offer a class before you join the church. I like that they want you to understand their beliefs before you make a commitment. Sometimes I think it would be ok if they weren't so strict, but in the end, I think America's children need to have a little more "strict" to balance the "easy" that seems to be creeping up everywhere around us. Everything these days has to be fast and easy and amazingly, nothing worth having is like that: instead it takes work, sweat, and patience.

St Pauls Lutheran School 5

Posted July 18, 2013
I have had positive experiences with this school. The above review is odd, I have never had such an experience with this school. Yes, they teach the Bible. I have sent one child through their preschool program and they teach the basic bible stories. It was a joy to see my child come home singing and praying. This is a wonderful school and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great Christian education!

St Pauls Lutheran School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
We had a difficult year. We have attended Evangelical Lutheran churches of a different synod that were much kinder, more liberal and more loving. At the parent night here, we were told that one of the tenants of the school was, "the wages of sin are death" and that's how the children are taught. I guess if you're of a very strict religious background, you would like this. I should have known then to not send my child there. Our first visit during a church service was when the little ones sang during the service, and the entire sermon was about Hell, the devil and eternal damnation. I'm so glad my child didn't really listen. This is a much harsher denomination and philosophy than I am used to. The pastor told us that children need to be be aware that they could go to Hell and this is how we teach them to behave. As a long-time educator, I could not agree less, especially at a young age. To top this off, my child's teacher is not warm and loving in the slightest. It breaks my heart to see how afraid my kid is- i thought it was a phase (adjustment to a new school) so i let it go on. Mistake. It costs too much to see your kid go through that. I will do public school next year.

St Pauls Lutheran School
6150 North Lecanto Highway, Beverly Hills, FL  34465
Last modified St Pauls Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Pauls Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top