915 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Most teachers at this school are well prepare, but they lack in knowing how to deal with children with challenging behaviors, they need to work with the teachers and send then to training so they know how to approach this type of children.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

children who are showing signs of leadership are treated like they have no voice, some teachers are still teaching using their own style without taking in consideration that all children are different and have different learning styles.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework is giving during the week and during the weekend, when the weekend is really an opportunity to connect with family and friend.

There are great teachers in the gifted program! My son really enjoys learning and going to school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel that is true. They make the kids treat others the same way they want to be treated.

They makes us feel really envolved on our kids education. Excellent Dual Languagge Program. The Teachers are the best.

My son attended the 2013-2014 school year at FS as his first year in third grade since we moved from the Northeast. I was aware my son needed help in reading comprehension, attended several parent conferences, he attended the tutoring program, and yet his reading score had not improved. I had my son do reading exercises plus extra reading at home on top of doing FCAT preparation and normal homework. It was 3 hours of rigorous time afterschool. I might as well have homeschooled him. There is also a huge segregation between parent and school community. For a 1100 student count in this school, 5% or few parents partake in volunteering. This is sad. The type of culture we experienced in this school was as long as you pass your tests, who cares that learning can be fun! There are limitations to school holidays, field trips, and even the science projects. We are not returning back to this school because of those reasons.

Freedom Shores has been a great school for my kids. With the exception of one teacher, all teachers have been wonderful. It really depends on the teacher you get if your child needs extra help.

2013-2014 school year was my sons first year at this school needless to say he will not be returning. This school waits till the last minute to help my child seek help after I had already inform them that my son needs extra help in reading. My son was choked at school no parent or teacher told me I found out from my son that he was choked by another student and could not breathe. I do a better job teaching him at home.

Congratulations to the Principal at Freedom Shores. She was awarded SECME Administrator of the year. My son is part of the SECME program and loves it.

Last modified Freedom Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.