915 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

There are great teachers in the gifted program! My son really enjoys learning and going to school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel that is true. They make the kids treat others the same way they want to be treated.

They makes us feel really envolved on our kids education. Excellent Dual Languagge Program. The Teachers are the best.

My son attended the 2013-2014 school year at FS as his first year in third grade since we moved from the Northeast. I was aware my son needed help in reading comprehension, attended several parent conferences, he attended the tutoring program, and yet his reading score had not improved. I had my son do reading exercises plus extra reading at home on top of doing FCAT preparation and normal homework. It was 3 hours of rigorous time afterschool. I might as well have homeschooled him. There is also a huge segregation between parent and school community. For a 1100 student count in this school, 5% or few parents partake in volunteering. This is sad. The type of culture we experienced in this school was as long as you pass your tests, who cares that learning can be fun! There are limitations to school holidays, field trips, and even the science projects. We are not returning back to this school because of those reasons.

Freedom Shores has been a great school for my kids. With the exception of one teacher, all teachers have been wonderful. It really depends on the teacher you get if your child needs extra help.

2013-2014 school year was my sons first year at this school needless to say he will not be returning. This school waits till the last minute to help my child seek help after I had already inform them that my son needs extra help in reading. My son was choked at school no parent or teacher told me I found out from my son that he was choked by another student and could not breathe. I do a better job teaching him at home.

Congratulations to the Principal at Freedom Shores. She was awarded SECME Administrator of the year. My son is part of the SECME program and loves it.

School is great. I agree with the posting below. I volunteer sometimes and I always feel welcomed.

i think this school has ppotential and the teachers give dicipline that is why kids dont misbehave all over the school.

heard a lot of staff are not happy anymore, not many volunteers either. The PSO board has been reduced.

Last modified Freedom Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.