Boynton Beach, FL

Freedom Shores Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
My son attended the 2013-2014 school year at FS as his first year in third grade since we moved from the Northeast. I was aware my son needed help in reading comprehension, attended several parent conferences, he attended the tutoring program, and yet his reading score had not improved. I had my son do reading exercises plus extra reading at home on top of doing FCAT preparation and normal homework. It was 3 hours of rigorous time afterschool. I might as well have homeschooled him. There is also a huge segregation between parent and school community. For a 1100 student count in this school, 5% or few parents partake in volunteering. This is sad. The type of culture we experienced in this school was as long as you pass your tests, who cares that learning can be fun! There are limitations to school holidays, field trips, and even the science projects. We are not returning back to this school because of those reasons.

Freedom Shores Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
Freedom Shores has been a great school for my kids. With the exception of one teacher, all teachers have been wonderful. It really depends on the teacher you get if your child needs extra help.

Freedom Shores Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
2013-2014 school year was my sons first year at this school needless to say he will not be returning. This school waits till the last minute to help my child seek help after I had already inform them that my son needs extra help in reading. My son was choked at school no parent or teacher told me I found out from my son that he was choked by another student and could not breathe. I do a better job teaching him at home.

Posted June 10, 2014
Congratulations to the Principal at Freedom Shores. She was awarded SECME Administrator of the year. My son is part of the SECME program and loves it.

Posted April 26, 2014
School is great. I agree with the posting below. I volunteer sometimes and I always feel welcomed.

Posted April 05, 2014
i think this school has ppotential and the teachers give dicipline that is why kids dont misbehave all over the school.

Freedom Shores Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
heard a lot of staff are not happy anymore, not many volunteers either. The PSO board has been reduced.

Posted July 12, 2013
Freedom Shore is an excellent school my fifth grader graduated from their last year. It is such a great school that my kindergartener will attend there this year. The staff is very friendly and the teachers are amazing. The Principal always had a smile on her face and greeted the students with a good morning and a hand shake. I read the comment below and I don't think that is fair that the parent is criticizing the principal on not being their when she on maternity leave.

Freedom Shores Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2013
the principal may have been saying hi to the kids more recently, she did not when school first opened...but this is because parents complained that she did not. but now she is not at school anymore...it's crunch time now and the principal is gone! The other week I saw her shaking kids hands just a few feet from the crossing.... Not a safe place for her to be shaking hands there.

Posted February 13, 2013
Wonderful school. Teachers are great and very caring. The school has a very safe and nurturing atmosphere. The new Principal is very nice and attentive. She has an open door policy and is always willing to sit down and listen to any concerns. My son loves going to school and likes that the principal says hello to him and takes the time to see how he is doing. The teachers always seem to go above and beyond for the kids. I just couln't say enought good things about this school.

Freedom Shores Elementary School
3400 Hypoluxo Road, Boynton Beach, FL  33436
Last modified Freedom Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Shores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top