Crosspointe Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 748 students

Posted May 16, 2014

This school is awesome! The best thing that has ever happen to us is having our son go to this school! I am a parent, and I just read a few reviews about parents saying that if you have a choice don't take your kids here and that made me laugh! Those are exactly the kind of parents that bring kids into this world and expect that the school raise their kids and think that the school is all responsible for the outcome of their kids education. It is ridiculous! Your kids are your responsibilities! There is only so much the school can do, the real foundation must start at home! Obviously those are parents that are never involved in their kids education and only go to school to complain when they, as parent, have failed to provide a good, solid foundation for their kids at home then go to blame their kid's teachers and the school itself... that is just hilarious! I am not a school staff or relative of any of the school staff. I am the mother of a third grader student and very proud of it! I trust this school as they have worked so hard to challenge my kid's education and making such a positive impact on his learning success!!!!! Thank you so much for all you do!!!!!!!

Posted April 2, 2014

Crosspointe Elementary School in Boynton Beach Fl is a great school. I see everyday how hard the teachers and staff work to keep kids and parents involved. I am very happy with this school and they should win because they work so hard and do above what is expected from anyone.

Posted December 10, 2013

This school is horrable both princaple and asst princaple never get back to you and my child is a strait A student the people at the front desk don't know what they are doing and are very rude but I guess that's what you get when you unprofessionals working at this school.

Posted August 30, 2013

So far my daughter loves Crosspointe Elementary, every day she tells me something good about her day, which makes me happy as well. I am new to the area, and I plan on joining the PTA group

Posted March 28, 2010

I absolutely love this school. The personal is very very nice, they are very nurturing and involved with the kids. They truly want to help your children succeed! They even give you suggestions, extra activities if you ask. `very happy with the school.

Posted January 11, 2010

Crosspointe Elementary School has great potential and has shown positive increases in student performance. There like any other school, there are good and bad teachers, but for most the teachers are ok and administration is doing a fine job working with the many challenges of the eduational system today.

Posted August 13, 2009

i love this school and everyone that runs it

Posted August 12, 2009

My daughter attended this school for the last three months of the 2008-2009 school year due to a move. I found that most of the school work consists of completing photocopied worksheets and the curriculum does not seem to contain many hands on or authentic learning experiences. Like another parent, I have also found that some of her classmates were extremely disrespectful or disruptive to the educational process. Being new, she was repeatedly harrassed by other students and little was done about it. If this is an A rated Florida school, it does not say much for the rating system. A school should be rated on more than one test score. I will be sending my daughter somewhere else this school year.

Posted April 23, 2008

This school is horrible! the principal is not interested in what the parent has to say. If you say the wrong thing watch out she might call DCF on you! she has threated me withthis tactic several times this school year. I wish they would replace her. The free tutoring they were suspose to have was never given to my son who is constaly struggling in reading. I would transfer my kids if i had a way to get them to and from another school but at this time we are stuck. If you have a choice do not send your kid(s) to this school,

Posted August 12, 2007

There is not enough extra curricular activities at this school. Also the teachers do not return voicemail messages. On more than one occasion, I was forced to leave messages on my daughter's teacher's voicemail but I am still waiting for even one callback. This new principal returns your phone call three days later. I will definitely move my daughter for the 2007-2008 year.

Posted August 12, 2007

School is clean. Staff does not seem like they want to work there. The only thing your child will learn will learn in this school is how to pass the FCAT.

Posted June 29, 2007

The morale of our school is very low. Quite a few teachers do not even enjoy going to work anymore. Previous years at our school were great. We have a new principal that is not very supportive of the staff or the children. Most teachers go to work early and/or stay late but feel very unappreciated by the principal. Our knowledge and experience were not respected. FCAT tutoring was not offered to our children until approx. two weeks before the test began. Our ELL students were not serviced for the first half of the year. We had so many unnecessary meetings to attend and paperwork to complete that time was taken away from our students. The school does not have enough extracurricular activities to offer the students, probably because the teachers are too drained from the extra work given to us that they do not want to take on another responsibility.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 10, 2006

Mrs. Nina Cohen was my daughter's 3rd grade teacher in 2005. She was the best teacher I have ever seen. I wish my daughter would have her as her teacher for all the school years to come. An excellent teacher makes a difference on student performance!

Posted September 12, 2006

My child is a 1st grader here. His kindergarten year was wonderful, mostly due to his teacher. I feel ok about this year so far, but we do plan to move him next year. The ratio in the classrooms is extremely unbalanced and they are not very willing to communicate with the parents.

Posted November 16, 2005

We've had a mixed experience at this school. The principal is wonderful, but my child found that many of her classmates were disruptive and not interested in learning.

Posted July 14, 2005

Great school ! Principal , staff and teachers, all working together to make our students the best they can be. I have a 5th grader and 1st grader at this school . Last year my , my child was struggling with the reading portion of the FCAT, thru tutoring and extra help from his teacher,myself and my husband, he recieved a 4 on that portion of the test. It was thru the dedication of his 4th grade teacher that made the difference. My Kindergartener was reading by the end of the school year. The fine arts dept.(art, music,computer,PE and Media) is the best, with teachers who are dedicated to bring out the talents of all our kids. Parent Involvement could be better, but we have a core group who keep things moving along, wish more parents would see what they're missing ! B school six points shy of an A !
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 13, 2005

This school was okay. The school was clean and well maintained. the dissapointment came when it was time to know about school activities. The communication between school and our family was poor. There were many instances of either no communication or misinformation. My children loved their teachers though my son was concerned with the level of his teacher's voice. There are both positives and negatives.

Posted June 30, 2005

All the staff have made a great effort in the years 2004 and 2005. Mrs Ethel Mitchell and Isabel Smith were very motivating for my child. The school needs to offer more sports activities.

Posted April 18, 2005

This school needs improvement. I just received a letter saying that they did not meet required 'level' and therefore I can transfer my son to a different school. The quality of programs are ok, like I said they need improvement. Art, PE, computers, and music is available but they don't offer anything else. There are a few parents that are 100% commited, but other than those 5, the rest dont really care. It's a pretty school on the outside, but everything else needs major improvement!

Posted April 1, 2005

I think Crosspointe has many outstanding teachers and a great principal. I don't like that children were not allowed to have recess until after the FCATs were over, but I see that as more of a state-level issue than a problem with this school. my daughter is happy in her classes and we appreciate the diversity.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

117 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

123 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 17%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• French

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• French

• Art teacher(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Art room

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

Apply now