789 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Posted February 03, 2015
My children are both thriving at Bayshore. I have absolutely no issues with the school or the school staff I have met. My children both enjoy attending and are excited to go to school every day. I find their teachers to be not only kind and great educators but they are also diligent in keeping communication with me, letting me know how well my children are doing and areas they need to improve. Bayshore is a great school, my children's academic growth attests to that.

Bayshore Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is terrible! I can not wait to move and finally be able to pull my daughter out of this trash. The principal is a stuck up snob who could care less about the school or its students. If you bring a problem to her attention she just looks at you with an empty glare like you are beneath her. And my child's teacher is a joke. We cant ever get any answers out of her. They never learn anything in class, they just watch movies everyday. Its like the whole school is full of lazy incompetent staff members who just show up to get paid. Dont bother trying to be involved with the school or your child's day to day routine because you would have better luck communicating with chimps. The school is a slum STAY AWAY!!!!!

Posted May 28, 2009
I have been consistently disappointed in this school from the beginning of the school year. This is my daughter's first year here and I can't tell you how many times this school has made my heart sink due to unfriendliness of the staff, lack of communication with the parents, and their poor judgement. As I said, it has been consistent throughout the year-so I know that it's not just one person messing up or one person having a bad day and I have realized that it is not just me. It is not a 'bad' school, but it could be much better. I did not care for the principal very much at all. Never even spoke to me or looked at me while I was at the school. I attended and helped with many events and it was definitely obvious that she picks and chooses who she wants to interact with.

Posted January 10, 2008
I love it at bayshore. My child was so happy there. She loved her teacher and her teacher loved her just as much. Although we've moved so she had to change schools and I really do not like the new one she is in.

Posted November 28, 2007
My daughter has attended Bayshore elementary for years. She started out in full time Pre-K at a very young age. The staff at Bayshore is exceptional. Sorry Mrs. Elianna Sirrochi left she was an amazing teacher. The new principal is a very welcomed change. Miss Kay is awesome and cares so much for every child there. I have no issues what-so-ever with safety.

Posted September 07, 2007
We are a new family to Bradenton. Finding Bayshore Elementary was a God send for us coming from a Christan Academy invironment in Alabama. We found the staff, the school, the PTO members, as well as our daughter's 1st grade teacher to be of a great comfort to us during this transition. They all made us feel welcomed and helped us to feel at ease. I certainly believe this school has a lot to offer my children. And to the family! Be involved and Be blessed, Wendy D.

Posted September 21, 2006
Bayshore Elementary is a great school. We have been here 4 years. The staff is great, the new building wonderful. I have never had any questions about my children's safety there. The only safety issue I see is the parents that don't use the cross walk & run their kids across a very busy street, but that is no fault of the school, because the staff begs every year for parents not to do this. Thank you Mr Levingood & staff for all you do!

Bayshore Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2006
Not happy with the principal or staff members. They need to 'smile' more and improve safety and discipline at parent pick-up. Teachers need to focus on their jobs more and complain less. The school also needs more activities, tutors, teachers aid, etc. This school is kinda okay, but not the best choice in town.

Bayshore Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2005
Very nice new building, great principal and AP.

Posted July 29, 2005
I think the principal leadership at bayshore elementary is the best i have ever experienced. If you ask him a question you get an answer!. That is unheard of back in maryland. This principal really cares about my kids and their safety while at school. The parents should listen to him when he talks instead of complaining all the time.

6120 26th Street West, Bradenton, FL  34207
Last modified Bayshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.