673 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Gullett is a great school. My son attended 2nd grade and started late in the school year. Teachers were great and students were friendly and accommodating.

As a public 5 star elementary they really push kids to learn and learn quickly. My child is already reading in Kindergarten and the teachers and staff keep me very informed every single week. Due to it being a public school there is the rush to get things done before school ends, but you'll find that in any 9-3 program. It is a safe environment and has very caring and wonderful teachers with lots of experience. I have a special needs student and the teachers and staff have gone beyond what most I think would do for my child and I am very happy at the response, respect and dedication I have seen. My child has gone on a positive curve and it's really been a joy to see her thrive. I am in the school zone.

Avoid this school if your child has special needs. My child was treated like a problem by a very impatient "teacher" (she was more like a place holder where a teacher should have been). She was bullied and the principal and teacher did nothing and let it happen. I took my child out as soon as I could! Worst experience of our school career.

My children love this school. They have great staff. I love the way they reward good behavior every quarter. The AR program provided by the PTO is wonderful. Great school!

Wow! Look at the dates on the most recent posts. I think Ms. Hayes got her PTO puppets together to write positive feedback. The proof of her inadequate leadership is reflected by the number of families that have already left Gullett over the past 3 years. My children are thriving at other district schools where leadership is much better than it was at Gullett. Think twice before sending your kids to a school under the supervision of this principal.

Gullett is a light in the Lakewood Ranch community. The school consistently scores as one of the highest "A" rated schools in the district. The school has a variety of programs to support all learners including after school tutoring and enrichment clubs such as Odyssey of the Mind, sports, cooking, science, and many others. The staff members are caring and highly skilled. The principal values parent input and has cultivated a talented team of professionals.

My son has been at Gullett for four years. I'd give this school 6 stars.

My children have attended Gullett Elementary since it opened a few years ago. It is an outstanding school with a very special staff. The principal is actively interested in the children's success and encourages parent involvement. We have been happier with this school than any other my children have attended.

EXCELLENT SCHOOL AND STAFF! Absolutely shocked at all the negative comments. My children have attended Gullett since it opened and I can't say enough about it. The teachers are outstanding and the principal has been exceptional. Everytime I walk into the school the girls in the front office greet me with a smile and a kind word. My children LOVE this school. They have received a grade A education. I wouldn't send them anywhere else.

As an educator, I have had the privilege of working at Gullett Elementary School. The staff has been very supportive, kind , friendly and professional. I have only good positive comments about Miss Hayes, our principal. I have seen the individual care, support and kind treatment she has given to our students, the staff and the parents of our children. It takes many good qualities to be a good leader, and I am honored to be part of this team and have Miss Hayes as our leader.

Last modified B.D. Gullett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.