Mclane Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 915 students

Posted May 19, 2014

since my kid start going to McLane he's behavior change he's attitude change is like I have another boy at my house. The teachers at McLane are not professional...McLane is the worse school

Posted April 8, 2014

no communication between school staff and parents, also teacher are very disrespectful in front of your child. Teachers curse and bring their boyfriends with them

Posted August 14, 2013

My son just completed 6th grade in the Robotics Academy at Mclane. I can't say enough good things about the teachers in the robotics program and the standards they set for their students. The rest of the school, however, is in complete chaos. There are 200 students in each P.E. class and 4 teachers. When my son was grabbed by the throat and slammed into a wall 1 of the coaches told him that if he didn't know the name of the person responsible there was nothing the coach could do. This was two weeks into 6th grade. Later in the year my son witnessed a massive food fight in the cafeteria that resulted in the suspension of 40 students. Worst of all was the day my son came to me and said he had seen one of his female classmates surrounded by a group of boys who proceeded to touch her inappropriately. This was in an overcrowded elective classroom, when he asked her why she didn't tell the teacher she told him that it was a daily occurrence and wouldn't stop. not know his attacker's name the coach couldn't help him. That was two weeks into sixth grade. Later in the year he witnessed a huge food fight in the cafeteria that resulted in the suspension of 40 students. Worst of a

Posted August 8, 2013

I just graduated there and here is a helpful hint -never take your kids there Please It's horrible

Posted July 23, 2013

I worked at this school approx. 5 years ago. It was horrible. The students bullied other students and also teachers! I never had a student theaten me before. When I brought it up to administration they almost laughed in my face. I've been teaching for 12 years and I like to run a "tight ship" when it comes to discipline but when administration doesn't back teachers up, teachers really have no power. I truly feel bad for the students who want to learn and for all teachers that teach there! I have moved on to teach at a great school now and I beleive I am successful! I still tell my horror stories of this awful school and probably will until I'm 90!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 23, 2013

Teachers don't care about the students. My daughter was a student from 6 to 8 grade and the homework's were very minimal and almost none at all. school needs improvement starting with some teachers. Her performance in elementary school was more demanding than McLane. school.

Posted June 22, 2013

boiiiiii?!?!?!?! did yall see dat pepper sprayyy thangg?!?!?! Uhhhhh, no duh i aint goin here. In dat skool, its survival to da fitte$$$!

Posted April 15, 2013

I just transferred from private school.. I was told how bad this school was, but.. Honestly, its a better school than Imannuel. Im in 7th grade and today was my first day, and I loved it ! the kids were nice and helpful.. At Imannuel it was hard to make friends because it was so small so if one girl didn't like you, the other 6 didn't.. I think it depends on the student.. but i felt at home, and all the nerves went away, yes all schools have flaws, but for as big as this school is, its pretty good. I don't plan on leaving :) and i look forward to tomorrow :)

Posted February 5, 2013

this sckool is awsom, techrs dont do anystuf and kids finna fade all the time, if u want fun then com here

Posted February 3, 2013

I moved to Florida from Mississippi about 4 months ago. I'm a student, in 8th grade, and I love McLane. Yes, there are fights about every week, and some students are rude and disrespectful. But, my teachers are very helpful, and I've gotten better grades here than I did at my old school. The principals are not very strict, and they know how to handle every situation. The school may seem bad from the outside, but it really isn't. I've made some good friends here, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Posted January 13, 2013

This review is intended for the STEM Robotics Institute only. I have no real experience with the AVID program, or the school itself, outside of this program. The STEM Robotics program is a school within a school. The program is second to none. The Robotics program is a full 3 years, not one or two semesters as in other schools. McLane fields teams that compete in Robotics competitions locally, state-wide, regionally, nationally and internationally. McLane's Robotics teams have taken 1st place at the National Robotics Championships, and 3rd place at the World Robotics Championships, the past 2 years in a row. That should tell you something about how good the program is. Yet many locals don't even know the program exists. If you're a student in this program, you take all of your classes with other students in the program. My son says he has seen some minor violence at the school, but nothing of any real import. Kids will be kids, and even the best schools can't eliminate bullying, or altercations completely. I wish some of the teachers would do a better job of keeping EDLINE up to date. I can't fix something in my childs progress, if I don't know there's a problem.

Posted November 6, 2012

My son and daughter were just enrolled in this school we moved here from Strongsville OH and this school and it's staff are horrible it needs to be shut down. The princaple prejudice and my daughter had her phone stolen out of her book bag and when I went in for a meeting he threw me out of the office and told me his job is not to protect the children he is just the principle and then called the sheriff to remove me from his office. I am done they will not be back to this horrible school I am pulling them now and will go as high as I have to this school needs to be shut down the the principle fired for the way he treats people the staff are so rude and disrespectful. I will not allow a school or its officals to mistreat my children.

Posted November 6, 2012

the staff in this school are very rude. fighting. theft and bullying are a common occurrence .according to principal that is normal.i wouldnt recommend this school to no one. good kids are not safe.

Posted August 30, 2012

My son attends the robotics program here. He absolutly loves the program and his main teacher Mr Wilson. Unfortunately, this amazing and beneficial program was set up in a dorrible school. It is the second week of school and they've already madre 9 (nine) arrests! My son's been in three separate altercations; thrown against the wall, punched etc If there wasn't a robotics (school within a school) I'd have pulled him from this school back in the 2011-12 school year. The entire school should be gutted and rebuilt with a sharper office staff, better communication between the office, student affairs, teachers, and parents.

Posted April 19, 2012

My son went to this school from 2009-june 2011 he did 6th and 7th grade here. IT WAS HORRIBLE. He was always in advance classes even at this school but his grades dropped to C's and D's even F's. I'm a very involved parent and use to go there for observations and was very disappointed with the teaching. There was only One teacher who truly is Amazing that is Mrs. Matthews. She really cares about the students and encourages them to focus on their education. I even went to speak to the 7th grade guidance counselor and she did not care to try to assist me in helping my son. I finally moved and he now attends an A school and by the way he gets A's and B's and is even in the AVID program. The school needs more professionals like Mrs. Matthews who really truly care, strict and fight to educate the children.

Posted February 8, 2012

This school should be shut down! No organization at all. I find the staff to be very rude and ignorant. I've never seen adults act more like children then the students themselves. Smh my daughter is a straight A student and I will not allow her to be objected to such low standards. She will not be attending this school next year!

Posted June 11, 2011

I just finished my 8th grade year, and i'm happy to be leaving. Everyday, there a re fights most of the time, and it got so bad this year, on the last week, they had to have more than 4 cops roaming around the school! I've also heard stories about kids smoking week a couple days ago and they got arrested. Bullying is a regular basis at this school, and they will make fun of your kid for no reason. sure i'll miss all my friends there, but i'm glad i'm done with that bad school! At least it's better these last two years than it was 6th grade. I must give Mr. Oliver his props for that. But, this year was cool, and now i heard that MMS, is getting uniforms, lol! Anyways, 3 years done, off to high school. (:

Posted September 9, 2010

Hi my names daniela i went to mclane for sixth grade and loved it the teachers aere nice theres baerly any bulling there nice kids they teach good and push you till you get it right i love mclane and will never forget itt :]

Posted June 15, 2010

I go to McLane and have since sixth grade, but I am in the 'Robotics Institue'. It is a choice program situated in McLane. It is a great program, and I feel as well protected as I could in McLane. The school has an excellent orchestra, but not much else. The are almost no sports, and club day is a joke. Mr.Oliver has a different approach than Mr.Ellis. He is stricter, but it really has done nothing. Some of the advanced teachers are good, and the Robotics Institute and AVID are excellent programs. All schools have fights, but smart kids stay away form them. If your kid does this, he will be fine. If your kid is not going into Robotics or AVID, I highly reccommend going to another school, as there are better options. **My rating is for the school, not Robotics or AVID

Posted June 8, 2010

<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#999999"><br/><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=103321850" style="font: Verdana">MCLANE GOING WILD</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=103321850,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=103321850,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=209228740" style="font: Verdana">'' HiiZ AMAZiiNq ''[LADY MELO]&#39</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com " style="font: Verdana">MySpace Video</a></font>

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

233 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

237 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

276 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

259 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

305 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

307 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

314 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

304 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

300 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

93 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 5%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• (813) 744-8135

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options