PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 14, 2015
I love this school very much the only negative thing is the class size....over crowded ...

Posted December 18, 2014
A Students Review: This school has a wonderful academic program. The teachers try their best to discipline and are VERY sweet, and kind. The only issue is the "bad kids." I feel like their holding the rest of my class "back." They're very annoying and whenever they behave badly I feel like the teacher MUST attend and stop them. Possibly more classes? Maybe putting "advanced" and "need-help" separated. In Spanish we seperate the room to "Under Stand" and "Need Help" Besides this fully honestly I love this school and going to a different one would not be needed. I'm happy I crossed paths with this school and everyone in it. I made friends I known for literally forever now. I love this school and everyone in it. COUGARSFTW!!!

Posted November 02, 2014
Terrible! I sent my kids here thinking a private education would be better than public. Well, I am about to pull them out of this school and send them BACK to public school. Like the previous commenter, we have 37 kids in one second grade class. Not only that, but the teacher leaves an hour early each day to go pick up her own kids! The curriculum is AWFUL. My second grader is doing math that literally a four-year-old could do easily. The teachers are noncommunicative, and if you have meetings with the administration they are defensive and ridiculous. The principal is leaving after this school year, though, so maybe things will get better. I know my kids won't be the guinea pigs! My fourth grader has 33 in his class. Last year in public school he only had 17! They promised me they could provide gifted education - that is a bald-faced LIE. They have no individualization of curriculum like the administration likes to say. Classes are so overcrowded they are a fire hazard. Oh, and did I forget to mention the lack of internet? Yeah, the entire computer system was not installed until THREE WEEKS after school started! Teachers had NO email. I heard they cap class size at FIFTY!!! Beware!

Posted September 09, 2014
Zero stars. Would NOT recommend. Overcrowded classrooms, and inferior, secular (COMMON CORE) curriculum are reason alone to steer away from Nativity. The overwhelming reason to avoid is the incompetent administration that is hostile toward families through its use of zero tolerance policies and non-communication with parents. There is a mass exodus of long time families over this. This USED TO BE the best school in town. Get your precious children OUT of this inferior institution. If you are looking for a classic, CATHOLIC curriculum, the best alternative in Brandon is Cutting Edge Learning Academy, or home school.

Posted August 18, 2014
Love our teachers every year, they are the best! Class sizes are the biggest dissatisfied for parents. Each year the class size creeps up a few. This year my daughters 2nd grade class has 37 students which is ridiculous.

Posted September 07, 2012
My daughter just started at Nativity this year in middle school. She thinks the teachers are great and really care about the students. She feels right at home after only 3 weeks. Can't imagine a better place to have my daughter during these important formative years.

Posted June 02, 2012
My children attend Nativity and I cannot imagine them going anywhere else. This school combines high academic standards with morals and values. It is a beautiful thing to watch your children grow spiritually and emotionally as well as intellectually. There are outstanding teachers at this school that are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Their daily lessons are filled with hands on, out of the box ideas that get kids moving and thinking. Nativity has tremendous support from the parents and the church community which gives it a true community feel. All parents are encouraged to be highly involved.

Posted May 11, 2012
A faith filled loving community where a strong academic program challenges the children's intellectual abilities and stimulates their interest in learning. My two children look forward to school every morning. They feel secure and happy at Nativity, their second home

Posted March 22, 2012
This is the worst school ever, i was a student last year and left because it was so unorganized and the teachers had no control over the class, the kids could just do what ever they wanted. Another problem is that there are 40 kids in one class so we learn almost nothing and the teachers wasted lots of time on almost everything. I would rather not be educated then go to Nativity :)

Nativity Catholic School 3

Posted March 10, 2012
The class sizes are a problem. Although the teachers are extremely caring, dedicated and hard working they can not effectively teach when confronted with so many children with a variety of needs and levels of understanding. Discipline is also an issue. The "good kids" are used as buffers to calm the "bad kids". The last principal was not an effective administrator and under her supervision, or lack thereof, Nativity has been consistently sinking from an excellent school to only an average one. It is my hope that the next principal chosen will be able to salvage what remains and bring the school back to its former glory. They need to challenge those students who are not being intellectually stimulated, address discipline issues strictly and swiftly, enforce the rules, and encourage all to achieve their best.

Nativity Catholic School
705 East Brandon Boulevard, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Nativity Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8