PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have had a great experience at Nativity, and our daughter is doing excellent academically. Administration seems very on top of things and I love the Catholic education.

Our daughter has been at Nativity for over 5 years and we can't imagine her going anywhere else. From the wonderful, caring teachers and other administration, to the students, it has been a wonderful experience for all of us. We love the high academic standards and values they are teaching her. The only complaint we have is that it stops after junior high and doesn't go all the way through high school.

Our family is so thankful to have found Nativity Catholic School for our children. This is our fourth year at Nativity and my children are in a loving, safe and stimulating environment. The teachers at Nativity are the finest around and always go above and beyond. The families are involved and supportive and the students are engaged in learning and respectful. The only thing that could be better is the class size. However, the classrooms have a teacher and an assistant in them to help out the student/teacher ratios. If you want to see the amazing difference In our school compared to others, I suggest coming to a school mass on Wednesday morning at 8:15. You will see the whole school; students, teachers and administration in action. I am in awe of our students every time I attend. You will see student leadership at its finest.

I love this school. We are very happy with our daughter's faith formation.

I always knew that NCS was for my son once he turned 4. The education is great and the attention to detail that each faculty, staff and parent gives is amazing! The school schedule and system has been great since the very beginning. In addition to that, the help of the teachers and guidance counselor has been wonderful, since my son has a few issues. The school has been "on the ball" when it came to identifying and helping to work on a special agenda that would allow help but also not make him feel left-out! I am grateful for everything NCS has done for my son and my family! I am a proud cougar parent!

If you asked me 4 years ago, I would have a completely different view of this school. My daughter attended here for 2nd-5th grade. Things started out good. Then, at the tail end of her 4th grade year, the teacher the started to make reference to her attention issues. 5th grade ended up being horrible. She apparently was on lunchtime detection everyday for weeks, and I wasn't notified until the end of the first semester. In February, they called me in for a meeting, when they let me know that she was such a distraction that she was not invited back next year. This took me completely by surprise because there was no real communication that would lead me to leave this was even a possibility. Her 6th grade year, she was diagnosed with a combined type of ADD/ADHD. I tried to bring that back to Nativity to see if she would be accepted back, and they would not accept her because she had not been diagnosed long enough for then to gauge the results of her medication! So, in summary, they dropped the ball on recogoing there was an issue, and then refused to acknowledge that or even consider readmission. So much for good Catholic values. I would send any one of my kids there if it were free! Also, the overcrowded classes is absolutely true. In the years we attended, my daughter never had a class size under 30. Try Villa Madonna. They are impressive!

I love this school very much the only negative thing is the class size....over crowded ...

A Students Review: This school has a wonderful academic program. The teachers try their best to discipline and are VERY sweet, and kind. The only issue is the "bad kids." I feel like their holding the rest of my class "back." They're very annoying and whenever they behave badly I feel like the teacher MUST attend and stop them. Possibly more classes? Maybe putting "advanced" and "need-help" separated. In Spanish we seperate the room to "Under Stand" and "Need Help" Besides this fully honestly I love this school and going to a different one would not be needed. I'm happy I crossed paths with this school and everyone in it. I made friends I known for literally forever now. I love this school and everyone in it. COUGARSFTW!!!

Terrible! I sent my kids here thinking a private education would be better than public. Well, I am about to pull them out of this school and send them BACK to public school. Like the previous commenter, we have 37 kids in one second grade class. Not only that, but the teacher leaves an hour early each day to go pick up her own kids! The curriculum is AWFUL. My second grader is doing math that literally a four-year-old could do easily. The teachers are noncommunicative, and if you have meetings with the administration they are defensive and ridiculous. The principal is leaving after this school year, though, so maybe things will get better. I know my kids won't be the guinea pigs! My fourth grader has 33 in his class. Last year in public school he only had 17! They promised me they could provide gifted education - that is a bald-faced LIE. They have no individualization of curriculum like the administration likes to say. Classes are so overcrowded they are a fire hazard. Oh, and did I forget to mention the lack of internet? Yeah, the entire computer system was not installed until THREE WEEKS after school started! Teachers had NO email. I heard they cap class size at FIFTY!!! Beware!

Zero stars. Would NOT recommend. Overcrowded classrooms, and inferior, secular (COMMON CORE) curriculum are reason alone to steer away from Nativity. The overwhelming reason to avoid is the incompetent administration that is hostile toward families through its use of zero tolerance policies and non-communication with parents. There is a mass exodus of long time families over this. This USED TO BE the best school in town. Get your precious children OUT of this inferior institution. If you are looking for a classic, CATHOLIC curriculum, the best alternative in Brandon is Cutting Edge Learning Academy, or home school.

Last modified Nativity Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8