Branford High School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
Alumni/Parent. Great place for a tween/teen. It is a small town, so many parents and teachers have existing relationships. The "last name" advantage has been decried for 50 years but the names referenced change with each class, depending on which teachers have kids in school and which parents are involved. Because the town only has one elementary and one high school, relationships also carry over. The offerings are limited, but the ag and art programs are top notch, and both encourage parental involvement. In extra-curriculars, generally everybody who wants to play, perform or compete makes the team. You can expect everyone to all know your kid's name, and yours, to the extent that you are involved in extra-curriculars. Teachers are friendly and invest a lot of care into each student, and it shows. This school consistently graduates fine young people who are mature, polite, and assets to their colleges, workplaces and communities. I employ two of them myself. You have to stay on top of the guidance office, but there are high expectations for the new principal and vice-principal, both of whom were successful teachers at the school. Test scores are the best in the county and area.

Branford High School 4

Posted December 01, 2010
I have to say that I have had my children in Branford school system for four years. I have two at the BHS and one at BES. I would say that there are egos. I have to say my children have done well within school. I am personally not impressed with the new Principal and vice-Principal at the HS. I feel the welcome feeling that I used to recieve from the old Principal was much better. I feel very disconnected when it comes to the HS and very connected with the ELM. I am hoping the HS will work itself out and get better at passing along information.

Branford High School 0

Posted November 20, 2009
I have two children at BHS and a child at BES. I can honestly say that most of the teachers and faculty, are absolutely wonderful. But, unfortunately, you do have those few that are there for the wrong reason, such as just making money instead of actually caring. I believe that some of the reviews I have read here are true. You have to be connected to someone who is connected, or have the right last name to get the respect every child in these schools deserve. I also, on the other hand know a few children who attend these schools, who are connected or have the right name, that are treated just as poorly as other children. I think that the 'Clicks and Name' issues are going to be ongoing forever. Your child deserves better. So, fight it or be quiet. Don't be scared to care.

Posted October 25, 2009

Branford High School 1

Posted May 26, 2009
We have moved our children to another district. This has been a wonderful move both socially and academically. I went to this school as a child, and could not have asked for a better experience. This has changed enormously. What a disappointment. We have seen a two letter improvement in grades as well as much less frustration in our students due to the quality of help at our new school. It is quite obvious that politics, rather than education is the priority at Branford. The elementary school, however, is outstanding. If you are looking for a school that will prepare your child for college as well as real life, This is not the place for you!

Posted November 25, 2008
I have went to Branford all my life. MY senior year i decided i wanted to dual enroll at lake city. I can honestly say the teachers at Branford did Prepare me very well in all areas education. Not only did they teach me what i needed to learn but they helped me with math problems i didnt get on my own time, or with my esay that i had due. They were caring and always helpful . As Student Body President, and Varsity cheerleading captain I talk to alot of the students who attend Branford, and the new ones we get too! Everyone i talk to enjoys the atmosphere here. Of course, there are gonna be the teachers you cant stand and the ones you call 'mean', but over all Branford is a place you can feel free to be yourself.

Branford High School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
This is the best school in Suwannee county

Branford High School 1

Posted October 17, 2008
I am a former student of BHS. I have since gone on to college to obtain a degree. BHS is adequate if you have no intention of taking your education seriously. When I got to college I realized how much I did not know. I was so unprepared, and sadly I think that the school has only worsened.

Branford High School 3

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted June 12, 2008
I have a daughter in this school for the first year. She loves it. The teachers are easy to get a hold of when you have questions. They respond quickly and really care about their students. My child is suppose to be at another school but, I researched and found this one to be the best in the district.

Branford High School
405 North Reynolds Street, Branford, FL  32008
Last modified Branford High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Branford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top