Chocachatti Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
My child started kindergarten this year here and so far NOT impressed. School rules are aloud to be broken for "special people" that are friends with the principle. They are aloud to jump the drop off/pick up line and she doesn't say a word to them. Just talks and laughs with them, but if you do it it a no-no and she tells you so. Also a teacher just told me she just put whatever grade in that would give them a S. You can't just pick a grade out of the sky and put it in.

Posted July 08, 2013
One of the best decisions my husband and I made when we got all our children out of public school and got them into Chocachatti. Big diffrence in the school enviroment! My kids have learned soo much not only from thier normal school learning, but learned soo much from thier micro-society which has programs like Junior Court, CES Bank, Entraprenaurs, Batton, Taekwondo, gymnastics(gym dandies), micros promoting kids to keep our enviroment clean, Tap, Drama, Violin, Drumming, Guitar, Sassy Salon (Hair & Nail salon), Arts & Crafts, Dance, Cheerleading, etc...

Chocachatti Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2013
Chocachatti Elementary is a great school! My daughter has been attending since Kindergarten, now soon to be in 2nd grade. I have nothing but great things to say about the teachers she's had thus far. I can say that they've been very attentive, great with communicating and quick to respond to any of my concerns, which have been very few. My daughter enjoys going to school and her love for arts and music continues to grow each day! She also enjoys her "micro jobs" which gives her good insight as to what it means to live in society, work and the importance of being a responsible citizen. One thing that can improve is the area where they have conferences and ceremonies (which is part of the cafteria) I realize it may be limited due to the funds, but for the most part, if you don't show up 30+ minutes before an activity, you will not have a seat. Maybe a separated auditorium would be better or expanding the area used now. Also, the school is K-5, if it could be turned into a K-8, that would make my wish come true!!! Overall, it's a great school- if your child is showing interest in arts, music or drama- you should considering visiting this school!

Posted August 05, 2012
My son just finished 5th grade at this school. We transferred him in 3rd grade after spending K through 2nd at a different public school. What a difference! Before Chocachatti, he would come home saying that he didn't like school and was not a great reader. By the middle of the year, Mrs. O'Rourke and the rest of the school had him loving it! By the end of 3rd grade, he was competing with his friends to read 5th grade novels. I was sold. 4th grade was not as good since his teacher left mid year. He doesn't do well with change and having subs until a new teacher was found didn't work for him. This made me nervous but Mrs. McCane took all those nerves away when he started 5th grade. She knows the meaning of preparing kids for middle school. She was absolutely wonderful for my son. Thank you Chocachatti! I hope middle school can keep up with your standards. We will miss you.

Posted January 30, 2012
My son attends, and my daughter has applied for next year. They do a wonderful job of keeping parents involved, creating a sense of school community, and making a fun and safe learning environment for the kids. My son absolutely loves it there....so much so that if I have to take him out for a doctor/dentist appointment, he asks me to take him back to school when it's done. The MicroSociety program is wonderful for teaching real world applications, and their huge support of the arts is something severely lacking in so many other schools. Kudos to all the staff and volunteers who make this such a great school.

Posted October 28, 2011
This school has provided so many opportunities for my two children. I would have had to search outside of the school to provide what they currently provide during school, or as after school activities. My children are happy and challenged at the same time. The staff are committed to the students and their achievement/progress.

Posted October 20, 2011
I love Chocachatti. It is an awesome school. The teachers are so great. Parents know all the kids, teacher, and other parents. My daughter wants to go to school everyday. That says it all!

Chocachatti Elementary School 3

Posted July 08, 2010
i think its a good school but there are some problems like i have noticed that when the kids sit down on the floor they are terribly squished. another thing i noticed is they have to sit on the dirty floor and the older ones sit on bleachers. there is a few other small problems but besides that chocachatti is a pretty good school

Chocachatti Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
great teachers and staff , excellent art and music programs it gives the children such confidence!

Posted May 09, 2010
Every teacher my daughter has exceeded my expectations. The teachers have gone beyond their job desriptions in our times of need. The teachers need supportive parents and I hope the structure continues to be successful as they change the admission process. Sibling rule should never have been taken away. Thank God my son was placed this final year. Otherwise... he would only enter by fate and chance of lottery.. Keep the good ratings.... keep parental involvement! Keep siblings at the same school! Vote out any school board members in oppositino of the automatic sibling rule which will be brought back to them-- guaranteed!

Chocachatti Elementary School
4135 California Street, Brooksville, FL  34604
Last modified Chocachatti Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chocachatti Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top