Public charter
Cape Coral, FL

Posted June 26, 2015
Parents pay attention. Cape Prep started off with great teachers when Celerity took over but in the past two years the good ones have left. Everything is wrong with this school from the busses not properly working. The principal needs more training to know how to run a school. She has no clue how to be a principal. It's not a fitness school. There is no library, or a science lab as they advertise. The office is lacking staff members. PE is a joke! I can keep going but I will just stop there. This is not a real school compared to other good ones around. Do your children a favor and get them out of there. I know from experience. If you spend one whole day there or two to observe or attend the PTO meetings you will know it's not a school for your kids.

Posted June 23, 2015
As a former teacher of this school, let me begin by saying, any parent who has their child's best interest at heart would NOT send their child to this school. First of all, this school failed to have their busses inspected (leading to one catching completely on fire and burning to the ground WITH CHILDREN ON IT) and when the students finally arrived to school they were traumatized and the teachers were not even informed of what had just occurred. After Lee County School District demanded that the busses were inspected 11 OF THE 16 FAILED!!!! While yes, Celerity terminated the contract with that bus company, it does not excuse them from opting out of their inspections. That is just the first example of how financial gains are put ahead of safety and academic success. Now, at this "FITNESS ACADEMY" the gym teacher just graduated high school with no education background whatsoever. He is technically a long term substitute because they don't have to pay him as much as anyone qualified. He has the children watch AT LEAST ONE MOVIE A WEEK DURING GYM. The other part of the time he spends on his phone, eating pizza, while the kids lead the conditioning drills. While some of the teachers are actually passionate about what their doing, most of the teachers at this school come into this job with no training whatsoever. This poses a huge problem because they are given no resources, no preparation, and NO SUPPORT whilst teaching your children. They have to play the role of disciplinarian, recess aide, secretary, ESE teacher, paraprofessional and nurse before they can even think about teaching anything productive. Which leads us into the issues that arise because of the principal at this school. ------------I am out of character space, please see my next comment.

Posted September 13, 2014
I have several students attending this school and have been very impressed with the teachers and principal Fowler who is always available welcoming and friendly. I love the way the schools works to meet the needs of all students with strong academics and still developing fitness and teaching kids to be healthy and learn how to be respectful and responsible. More schools need to have their personal and student centered approach. I haven't had any issues with the new lunch lady. I didn't care much for the one last year. The new lady brings treats and rewards for students showing respect and using good manners in the cafeteria.

Posted September 04, 2014
Well let me first off start by saying that the teachers are awesome I love all the teachers in the k through 2nd. The middle school teacher not so happy with last year and they have him there this year. And the front office staff and the new cafeteria lady is horrible. And the new tkd teacher not even teaching tkd how are they gonna preform in tournaments if they don't know the stuff they need to know and today they could not even call the parents to let them know that a bus is running late maybe your front office staff should come in earlier than 730 talk about lazy. The cafeteria lady so rude and disrespectful towards the kids. Not happy with front office staff and how it is ran maybe the staff should be there early enough to catch what is going on and I don't like that the tkd teacher is talking bad about the teacher from last year how unprofessional. They could do better I am not going to rate the school. But if I did it would be on the teaching of those few teachers.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is an excellent school! The principal Mrs. Fowler really goes among and beyond to help the students and welcomes the parents. The teachers there are great and care about the students and their teaching methods are outstanding. My granddaughter loves this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking the best education and fitness program for their children or grandchildren.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 24, 2014
My granddaughter is in kindergarten and could not be more excited about her progress. This school focuses on the entire student, academics and physical activity. Her reading is above any of my expectations. She is getting more than a well rounded education. I have nothing but praise for this school and the excellence and caring of all teachers, especially Mrs. Marston. Love the small class sizes, my grandchild doesn't get lost in the crowd. I would and do recommend this school to everyone!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
FROM OK TO AMAZING- My son attends this school and has received excellent and challenging education so far. The teachers are very caring and spend extra time with each child making sure they understand what is expected of them. I know what the school was like before, and I can see where some reviews here are negative, however, the new administration and the Principal Ms. Fowler make all the difference. Their main goal is to ensure that our students are prepared and geared toward academic excellence. Thank you so much for everything that you are doing with the school.

Posted March 20, 2014
As the new management company, we are elated to join the 3 Preparatory and Fitness Academies. Our organization provides students with an invigorating and challenging environment which prepares students for college and beyond. Throughout the country, we have proven track record of academic excellence for all students. To bring the Preparatory and Fitness Academies to the level of their other schools, Celerity has increased use of technology and curriculum support in order to ensure the success of all of the students. Celerity is proud to join the Preparatory and Fitness Academy families and look forward to the growth of our wonderful partnership!

Posted November 19, 2013
I have a 4th grader and a 3rd grader. Both great students. Both love their school and their teachers. I don't like the lunch aide, she yells at them like a mad woman and tells them to have a silent lunch. With an extended school day, I don't believe lunch should be "silent" other than that lunch aide, everyone is great friendly and they DO NOT discriminate against special needs. Ratings are tough because every experience is different. When we moved here last year we enrolled them in an "A" school cape elementary, my son didnt like it, he was deathly afraid of the 3rd grade teacher names Adkins.. The office personnel was rude and the school didnt feel "inviting" so even though they had a 10 rating at the time, we took them out and put them here at CCPFA which has a low grade, but they love it!!

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy 4

Posted November 05, 2013
This is a newer school so there is going to be some issues with the way things are run. No school will ever make every parent happy. This is my daughters second year attending. Last year she was in the 3rd grade, and I do agree that the changes with staff last year and lack of communication is frustrating but, the overall education and caring from the staff I personally think is wonderful. This year they have all new owners and a new principle. Mrs. Fowler is a wonderful addition. ( I personally did not care for last years principle and believe that all issues are gone now that she is gone) These changes have made a huge impact on this school. I believe that they are moving in the right direction. My son will be entering kindergarten next year and I without a doubt will be sending him to CCPFA.

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy
2107 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL  33991
Last modified Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top