Public charter
Cape Coral, FL

Posted September 13, 2014
I have several students attending this school and have been very impressed with the teachers and principal Fowler who is always available welcoming and friendly. I love the way the schools works to meet the needs of all students with strong academics and still developing fitness and teaching kids to be healthy and learn how to be respectful and responsible. More schools need to have their personal and student centered approach. I haven't had any issues with the new lunch lady. I didn't care much for the one last year. The new lady brings treats and rewards for students showing respect and using good manners in the cafeteria.

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy 1

Posted September 04, 2014
Well let me first off start by saying that the teachers are awesome I love all the teachers in the k through 2nd. The middle school teacher not so happy with last year and they have him there this year. And the front office staff and the new cafeteria lady is horrible. And the new tkd teacher not even teaching tkd how are they gonna preform in tournaments if they don't know the stuff they need to know and today they could not even call the parents to let them know that a bus is running late maybe your front office staff should come in earlier than 730 talk about lazy. The cafeteria lady so rude and disrespectful towards the kids. Not happy with front office staff and how it is ran maybe the staff should be there early enough to catch what is going on and I don't like that the tkd teacher is talking bad about the teacher from last year how unprofessional. They could do better I am not going to rate the school. But if I did it would be on the teaching of those few teachers.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is an excellent school! The principal Mrs. Fowler really goes among and beyond to help the students and welcomes the parents. The teachers there are great and care about the students and their teaching methods are outstanding. My granddaughter loves this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking the best education and fitness program for their children or grandchildren.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 24, 2014
My granddaughter is in kindergarten and could not be more excited about her progress. This school focuses on the entire student, academics and physical activity. Her reading is above any of my expectations. She is getting more than a well rounded education. I have nothing but praise for this school and the excellence and caring of all teachers, especially Mrs. Marston. Love the small class sizes, my grandchild doesn't get lost in the crowd. I would and do recommend this school to everyone!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
FROM OK TO AMAZING- My son attends this school and has received excellent and challenging education so far. The teachers are very caring and spend extra time with each child making sure they understand what is expected of them. I know what the school was like before, and I can see where some reviews here are negative, however, the new administration and the Principal Ms. Fowler make all the difference. Their main goal is to ensure that our students are prepared and geared toward academic excellence. Thank you so much for everything that you are doing with the school.

Posted March 20, 2014
As the new management company, we are elated to join the 3 Preparatory and Fitness Academies. Our organization provides students with an invigorating and challenging environment which prepares students for college and beyond. Throughout the country, we have proven track record of academic excellence for all students. To bring the Preparatory and Fitness Academies to the level of their other schools, Celerity has increased use of technology and curriculum support in order to ensure the success of all of the students. Celerity is proud to join the Preparatory and Fitness Academy families and look forward to the growth of our wonderful partnership!

Posted November 19, 2013
I have a 4th grader and a 3rd grader. Both great students. Both love their school and their teachers. I don't like the lunch aide, she yells at them like a mad woman and tells them to have a silent lunch. With an extended school day, I don't believe lunch should be "silent" other than that lunch aide, everyone is great friendly and they DO NOT discriminate against special needs. Ratings are tough because every experience is different. When we moved here last year we enrolled them in an "A" school cape elementary, my son didnt like it, he was deathly afraid of the 3rd grade teacher names Adkins.. The office personnel was rude and the school didnt feel "inviting" so even though they had a 10 rating at the time, we took them out and put them here at CCPFA which has a low grade, but they love it!!

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy 4

Posted November 05, 2013
This is a newer school so there is going to be some issues with the way things are run. No school will ever make every parent happy. This is my daughters second year attending. Last year she was in the 3rd grade, and I do agree that the changes with staff last year and lack of communication is frustrating but, the overall education and caring from the staff I personally think is wonderful. This year they have all new owners and a new principle. Mrs. Fowler is a wonderful addition. ( I personally did not care for last years principle and believe that all issues are gone now that she is gone) These changes have made a huge impact on this school. I believe that they are moving in the right direction. My son will be entering kindergarten next year and I without a doubt will be sending him to CCPFA.

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy 1

Posted October 15, 2013
DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!! Listen-some of the posts are favorable, but it is only because they more than likely have a decent teacher. The teachers are only part of the school! Some are most likely good teachers---BUT the organization is horrid!!! My son has gone through 4 teachers in one QUARTER!!!Don't fool yourselves ! If your teacher is good -they will more than likely get out of there at the first opportunity! Then they will fill in the permanent teacher position with a "long term sub".That's what they called my son's last teacher. Oh, by the way did I mention they never mentioned to any of the parents that they fired his last teacher? And replaced her with that said teacher's aid--Ms Littlestone!! A full time volunteer!I went to get my sons grades (after asking all year what's going on with grades and work) and they forgot to teach science-the whole first quarter-check her out....she teaches 6th AND 7th grade together! Apparently, her twenty children attend the school, so they thought it only fit to make her a teacher!! I went to the school district and they were mortified with everything I told them was going on-I don't have enough characters remaining to go on

Posted October 03, 2013
I have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader attending this school. I am very satisfied with the teachers they have. They have taken the time to update me personally 15-30 minutes before school starts. This school was just acquired/bought by a very succesful charter schools company. I was hesitant about this at first. However, the change in the school is amazing now, they definately have high expectations of their students and teachers, mutual understanding of respect, and have their priorities straight. The new principal takes walks around the school, cafeteria, classrooms to make sure that the schools new expectations are being met. She smiles and greets everyone, and my kids tell me they see her in the cafeteria everyday making sure they follow the new implemented rules. Before the new charter schools management, the cafeteria was extremely noisy and a bit disorganized. There is no tolerance for placing your hands on another student, whether it's 'horseplay' or not, which was always ignored at my sons previous school. The parents have met the superintendant, who moved to the swfl area from California. He worked with the celerity charter schools in California.

Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy
2107 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL  33991
Last modified Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top