908 students|Lee

Bad
Good

I was a graduate of the 2011 class at Caloosa Elementary and I absolutely loved every second of my time here. I remember having switched here a few months in from a different school in 1st grade and I was scared to death of going to a new school, but the teachers and students were so welcoming and I quickly felt very, very comfortable here. The gifted and enrichment programs allowed me to excel in class and shoot for further. The teachers were amazing - always encouraging, motivational, and inspirational. They made a huge difference in my education, and I couldn't thank them enough. The school also holds a fair dear of activities to enjoy and I always had a blast at them. There are also plenty of extra-curriculars at the school, especially for an elementary school. I know the school has changed a lot since I've been here, but I'm sure it's still excelling in every aspect. I loved Caloosa Elementary and what it provided for me, and will always cherish my days here.

While we have been blessed with wonderful teachers at Caloosa I have found the Administration to be less caring. They have started losing teachers in the past few years as well. I think that speaks volumes about the leadership.

The staff is not very polite when asked questions. I called was asking a question and the lady just placed me on hold and then someone else picked up. Third time this happens, this is what our kids learn!!!! No respect. Very unhappy for a new parent of Kinder.

We love Caloosa! There is no perfect school but this one comes close to it. We have been part of Caloosa for 6 years with 3 different children and I cannot complain. All the teachers have been great, there is structure and compassion. The principle is a gem! I would definitely recommend Caloosa elementary :0)

The teachers at Caloosa are beyond GREAT! I can't say the same for the 'management'. In my experience with the 'management', they're a little judgemental and stand-off-ish. They qualify PE as recess time. There is NO recess after lunch, and NO recess on days they have PE. After some back and forth last year, a 'conditional' recess was agreed to for days the children DON'T have PE. If you're wondering why our children are coming home all wound up after a day of school here, now you know. We wonder why childhood obesity is a problem in the U.S., yet at the same time, we strip valuable recess time from the schedule. Elementary school students should have a 10 to 20 minute recess BEFORE lunch, and a 10 to 20 minute recess after they've eaten their lunch. They blame it on the state's 'requirements', and that they only have the children for 6 hours. Excuses. They also like to tell our children what BOOKS they CAN'T read. They feel the need to test the children on EVERY book they check out of the school library, instead of making reading a FUN learning activity. We could change schools to fix my concerns, but then who would change the system?

All three of my grandsons went there-one is still enrolled, and it was a great start to character building and their love of learning!

this school is the best i love it keep it up!

Caloosa is on the ball when it comes to student placement. They are aware of every teacher's attributes and accordingly position the student where they fit best!

My daughter has attended this school for 2.5 years now and I love it. Her progress is amazing and I can' say enough good things about the staff.

My son has been going to Caloosa since Kindergarten and he is in fifth grade now. My husband and I couldn't be happier. The staff is amazing. My daughter just started kindergarten this year and we are thrilled! We just had another baby and we hope she will go there in the future as well.

Last modified Caloosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.