44 students|Lee

Bad
Good

The nursing program is like a fifth year in high school. Only worse. Definitely does not resemble a college setting. The first semester teacher thinks that its boot camp.To the point of being downright rude. Might be fine for someone in their teens or early 20's. For a 30, 40, or 50 something its just a bad experience. Try not to forget that we are adults with kids and lives. Some of us are in our 2nd or 3rd career. Had a whole unit on budgeting money and paying bills. What does that have to do with nursing? Their equipment is so old that improvisation and imagination are the themes of the day. Entirely too much busy work. Cell phones have to be turned off and turned in while the instructors play on theirs the whole day while we are doing our busy work.

Like another person posted in the LPN program the instructors are indeed awesome in a clinical setting but in the actual classroom nobody teaches. Either they don't know how to or they don't care to. Plan on reading the material and taking notes on what you have read because you WILL have to teach yourself in most instances. They make no apologies about this point. We were even told that "Good nurses are resourceful and look things up for themselves" when someone made a comment. If you are not a good reader and efficient at studying, forget about passing because you need an 80 average to pass and the pace is insane. 6 tests in an 8 day stretch at one point. Only about 60% of the students go on the graduate in the year. The good news is if you make it through the program you are shoo in to pass the NCLEX. Very high pass rate

Cape Coral Tech has been the best learning experience I've ever had. I took the Culinary Arts class, from day one we start working as if it was a real restaurant, hands on and challenges make this class fun . The Chef is awesome and he is super qualified, most of the previous students are working in country clubs, hotels and high end restaurants, I'm working on my own catering business, and the instruction received makes me feel pretty confident that my business will be a success. If you are looking for excellence Cape Coral Tech is the place.

The teacher, I personally had, was good. The biggest problem I found with this school was, they are not adult/ full time worker friendly. They expect you to be in your chair each day no matter what, or they start threatening to take your financial aid away. I personally spent a week in the hospital, and battled a medical issue, that effected my attendance. Even though I finished my class a SEMESTER ahead of schedule, and with an overall A, I was still constantly threatened about my financial benefits. So, if you have a family, or work full time, or have a well documented medical issue, you may want to look else where. All you will ever hear from the school is you need to be in your chair or we will take your founding away.

Last modified Cape Coral Institute Of Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12