1,540 students|Lee

Bad
Good

My daughter is going to be a senior this year. This is her second year. She has had a very positive experience except the French teacher is retiring and has taught her entire class nothing but how to watch movies.

one of the best schools in Cape Coral,great stuff,very clean,good kids,very safe,high lever academics and sports.

Kids feel they own the school, berate others for expressing themselves, and very little discipline is enforced. Most teachers have an attitude without justification, and one teacher told a student she was "easy" as a slur! Guidance is completely oblivious to IEP's, they violated one student's IEP three or four times in a row, and no improvement since. Disgraceful, my year was truly upsetting.

As a parent I am appalled. The school lost my daughters transfer papers not once, but twice. She ended up in the wrong classes because of this and was told in the middle of the school year that she had to take different classes. Now this year she has to take those classes again because she didn't take the whole class. We went to the guidance counselor to see what she needed to graduate and "thought" we had it all figured out, that is until yesterday when she got her class schedule and all the classes were wrong! Last year one of her teachers told her if she didn't go to a 4 year college she wouldn't amount to anything. Am I livid??? You bet. They are disorganized, no one knows what's going on and every teach and counselor has a different story. I'm very upset with this to say the least.

I'm actually accepted here. Before this place, I was bullied all the time. I was a misfit. From Caloosa Middle, to NFM Academy of the Arts. I was never accepted and people went over-the-top with me. But this school was different. I was in tears of how open minded the kids were. All you have to do is have a positive attitude. The school spirit here is astounding from admins. The students never bullied me, and I can openly say that I like they find weird, and a teacher or staff member will do all they can, literally, to stand up for me should any one say something, and by something, I mean it won't even go as far as something so little that it's not even a real insult to me. I never knew people could be so accepting of me, and fun! Especially Spanish 1's teacher. If you have this teacher at Island Coast, you will love this school, and that's a CERTAINCY. This school's kindness has me in tears, just thinking about it makes me think I'm truly at home. Keep shining Gators, just keep on shining. :')

I find it funny how there are countless amounts of good reviews when I myself think negativity. Don't get me wrong, SOME of the teachers well-educate their students but most of them care what's on their pay check! Most of the students are rather accepting towards everyone but also half of the students,from my experience, are RUDE. Principle Bueno on the other hand is great while being heavy on the dress code for unecessary items.

My daughter was sick and feeling strange for a few days and I had no idea what was going on but do to the concern of her teachers, she was sent to the nurse who figured out my daughter was diabetic. It was day before springbreak and she was going out of town with her grandparents the next day. I don't know much about the teaching stuff but I do know they probably saved her life. Thanks to all involved.

My daughter attends this school and I must say this is a GREAT one! When we moved to Cape Coral everyone told me to keep her out of this school and I was really worried about her attending but hoped for the best and it turned out even better! She is thriving academically and athletically there and has no problems! All of her teachers are wonderful! Don't let the rumors fool you, ICHS is absolutely awesome!

The School is convenient, the food is well and people are nice. I like it

Cont from prior review-Forgot, the one thing ICHS lacks, and makes NO sense to me with the success of their teams (mainly football) is spirit!!! The concession stands at the football games is a complete JOKE. There is no program for the games (like other local high schools-all it takes is company sponsors) and the band was nonexistant until last year. We have the talent that no other schools have, now lets get behind these kids and show some spirit, like we care!!!! I do all I can do-like feed 150 boys each week during football season and get sponsors for new wrestling gear (along w/ our own donations and more importantly-our TIME) Cmon Gators, let's kick NFM High off in the spirit department!!!

Last modified Island Coast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.