PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Current parent. My daughter has been in St.Paul's since Pre- K, she is now in second grade, love the individualized attention they give the students, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about St.Paul's , they are willing to work with my daughter to ensure she has the best school experience that will last a lifetime.

As a parent of two recent alumni I feel compelled to chime in: the overall experience at St. Paul's was superb. Thanks to well qualified teachers, a caring staff and the beautiful & safe campus, my once young, bouncing little Pre-K'ers blossomed into happy, confident, well educated young adults. I will be forever grateful to the St. Paul's community for the passion they demonstrated in their pursuit of academic excellence, the arts, school organizations and their robust sports teams. My heart will always bleed St. Paul's Blue & White. I love that school!! Go Knights!

Current parent with Middle School student who has attended for nine years. Moved to Tampa Bay, explored options both sides of the Bay, and only Saint Paul's had the right mix of scholarly, sport and social emphasis for our family. No matter who the head of school has been, SPS has stayed true to its founding mission: excellent college preparatory curriculum and whole child (mind, body, spirit) development. The faculty and administration know our child and are governed according to true independent school principles. I am a product of a public school education and did not understand the term "independent" at the beginning of our child's education journey. Research NAIS and FCIS for yourself to understand the accreditation process and the top-notch group of schools in the USA deemed "independent." Saint Paul's is the only independent Pre-K3 through 8 option in our area and it is comparable to the best in other regions. We value the developmentally-appropriate freedom our child has been given by every teacher and are seeing the fruits of this labor of love in an articulate, well-adjusted, creative learner with the ability to get into any high school. Come visit and see for yourself!

This school is not the right fit for my child. We joined the snobby community this year, and I am already regretting it. My son in middle school hates it here. Sait Pauls has "excellent" curriculum? No they do not. In middle school, they have math two to three times a week all in hour and a half sessions. My child, nor any other normal child, cannot sit in a desk and learn math for an hour and a half straight. There is also no order whatsoever in the classrooms, the children just talk and talk to eachother, and if your parents donate money to the school the teachers won't even care. Also, the PE teacher? He is unqualified and a students father. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Starts with a strong school leadership and engaged parent, faculty and administration culture. Great set of non-denominational values. Amazing parent teacher association with endless helping hands.

St. Paul's has for us has always been a second home. It is one thing to have a school, where you know your children are getting a fantastic and individualistically tailored education program, and clearly you are getting that at St. Paul's. But what has always struck me as core differentiator is the extent by which the senior leadership at St. Paul's School has nurtured a robust parent, faculty and administration Culture. This openness, transparency and engagement at all levels in the school has fostered some amazing transformations since we started there in Pre-K. The new middle school is a perfect example of this; with its open and age/development appropriate environment in combination with forward thinking teaching staff with the experience to be able take full advantage of the space has me counting the days till 6th grade starts. Would definitely recommend that you tour other schools first, before you settle in at home at St. Paul’s.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My children have always loved their teachers. They nurture but also hold the children accountable.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers teach at school; not at home. The amount of homework has never been overwhelming. My child has learned excellent time management skills.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Episcopal roots of Saint Paul’s teach students to be accepting of everyone regardless of faith. There are students of so many different beliefs at the school. Saint Paul’s teaches the students to be GOOD people; they don’t teach religion.

I am a current parent starting our 7th year at Saint Paul's and I can honestly say I couldn't be happier. The credentials and experience held by the faculty and staff are SO impressive. The energy and excitement is palpable and has grown consistently the past few years. Graduates of Saint Paul’s continue to tell current students how well they were prepared for high school. The new middle school is so innovative and forward thinking and even has a Maker Space area! I look forward to another great school year at Saint Paul’s!

Last modified Saint Paul's - Clearwater's Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8