443 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is my son's first year, having previously attended private school. I was concerned about the class size compared to private. I chose this school for the Spanish program and the diversity. It is important to me that my son be exposed to people of all socioeconomic backgrounds and I didn't feel he was getting the exposure in private school. I was quite surprised that my son tested below standard when he entered Carver (Imagine how I felt after paying years of tuition). The experience has been wonderful. My son quickly caught up and brought home straight A's his first quarter. He loves his classmates, administrators and teachers. I am glad I made the choice to leave the private school system for this public school.

Awesome school. Great teachers. great healthy family environment. The school and classrooms are beautiful. Lots of trees. Nearby playground. Brand new field. My child loves it.

Stay away! This is not a good school, The academic level of my two children has being always on honor roll, but I have had the very bad idea to bring my children to this school and they was affected pretty much to a very low level of B and C at this school, and now I have to work with them to fix this , in hopes of finding another school where my children could improve and achieve their academic honor-roll they had before come to this school.

I love this school. I am very pleased with the academic curriculum and the quality of the staff members. I am so glad I have my son in this school. I cannot wait for my little one to start.

My children attended Little Carver since Kindergarten and I have to say that it was an amazing experience. All their teachers were dedicated to their education and pushed to get the best of them. Administration was always helpful when I had a concern. Best PTA Of any school, supportive of the teachers and always has an open door policy to comments and suggestions. Not enough words to thank everyone involved in my kids' education. Forever grateful Little Carver!!!

Great School. Great teachers. My son studied from 3rd. grade to 5th. grade. Good principal very helpful and take care of everything.

My son had an amazing school year as a Kindergarten student last year....Ms. Miller is definitely the best teacher there...there are former students that are over 30 years old that still come by to say HI to her...she is truly a gift of god.

With the controlled choice admission procedures in Coral Gables, Little Carver is the only real option. The parental community is very involved and committed to improving the school but it feels like much of our efforts are futile. Some of the teachers are amazing, some not so much (as with any school), the neighborhood is sketchy, and the educational standards are mediocre (unless your child is in gifted, then it is phenomenal). It used to be an A school so not sure why it has been scoring so low for the past couple of years, but families will continue to leave until the school is able to turn around without depending exclusively on the efforts of committed parents.

We love Little Carver! The school administration is open and warm. The teachers are receptive and kind. The gifted teacher is phenomenal. The teachers provide out of the box learning opportunities for the children. If ever in doubt- stop by the school and see for yourself. It's a small- but wonderful learning environment. Each child is treated as an individual- the homework is suitable, and not overdone.

GREAT school Great Teacher and Great Leadership with Dr.Johnson leading the pack. Our Child has improved tremendously specialy his a.d.d. with the help of every one Thank you

Last modified George W. Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.