No rating

Cutler Ridge Christian Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Cutler Bay

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $104,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted August 23, 2013

I'm a parent of two kids attending CRCA. So far is been great all the way around. My kids are learning the christian values and exceeding in their academics. Also Teachers are dedicated and do care. A very cosy school! I recomend this school.

Posted May 1, 2013

pros: a religious environment with focus on morals cons: the school work is monotonous and the teachers seem to have no drive to have a happy learning environment.

Posted July 27, 2011

Don't know what kind of foundation you're going to get when one of the families owns the strip club down the road.

Posted June 23, 2011

I have made surprise visits to the school and never anything out of order. I am very happy with my daughter attending this school. The teachers are more than helpful and become one on one with the parents. They are always willing to give updates about the childs status.

Posted May 9, 2011

I HATE THE BOYS IN 6TH- 7TH GRADE. no teachers/ principal can control these ignorant people,

Posted April 15, 2010

Well I must say this is my child first year there and im very happy with the attention and schooling she is getting .Yes they are going through some financial issue but what school isn't Im woundering if these parents that are talking down on the school are the one's that are not paying there tution and making it a little rough for the rest . Praying and having faith on things will countinue to get better at this fam. oriented and loving school. starting frm. there staff down to our kids .

Posted March 28, 2010

First year for my child at this school and so far it's okay when it comes to their learning. Improvement is needed. We are very unhappy with their after care program. A lot of kids with minimum supervision. The after care teachers are not paying attention to kids and spend most of their time talking to each other instead of supervising the children. After care is very important for us since we work full time, unfortunately CRCA is not what we expected.

Posted March 2, 2010

This school has really turned around in the last year and a half. The new administration has brought in some new staff, changed some of the curriculum, and rooted out some of the people who really didn't want to abide by the schools rules and regulations. The school has a nice family atmosphere and I'm really glad to be a part of it.

Posted November 5, 2009

My son just left a charter school in the area that he was attending since kindergarten. They were trying out a new practice and philosophy and my son was one of the many students who PROVED it doesn't work. My boy ended up with many small behavioral problems at the previous school. I realized he needed a big change. Since placing him in CRCA he has shown quite a turn around. His faith is renewed and the teachers and the principal are so caring. They make sure to meet and have a personal relationship with every parent which has an effect on the students as well. I care alot about my son's education and it's something to be said when the staff of their school cares just as much.

Posted June 25, 2009

If this school were to be rated as a public school, I would have to give it LOW D when it comes to education. With all the A and B schools in the area, I got hooked on to this school. I've experienced a lot of empty promises at CRCA. Poor facilities, poor teachers and a lacking administration resulted in a poor learning environment for my child this school year. I don't see any major changes in this school besides higher tuition.

Posted January 29, 2009

I was told to hang in there when all the turmoil happened at the end of the last school year and I did hoping that maybe something good would happen. Well it is midway through another school year and nothing good has happened. This school is honestly moving at the speed of lightning in the wrong direction! The drive for excellence in education has gone down hill and the discipline system is a complete joke. For those few parents looking for a good christian environment keep looking because the things my child has learned these past five months is coming more from the street talk of the school kids than from their teachers. It s sad what has happened to this school I have no doubt, its days are numbered.

Posted December 6, 2008

I went here for 10 years. Unfortunately, i left this past year, and entered a miami dade public high school i liked CRCA besides the 'headmaster', but they fixed the problem and got rid of him =] I would defenitely recommend this school. I miss how you'd always have the same people in every class, so you always see your friends. I also liked going to the same lunch as my friends and at my new school i don't get to see one of my friends much because he has a seperate lunch, unfortunately. The PE coach is the best, the school lunches are yummy =], but i wasn't to crazy about the english teacher =P. Should be a great atmosphere now like how it was before with the past Principal, chapel every friday, and after school! I miss after school too, because i never get to play basketball anymore.

Posted August 21, 2008

My family has been a part of CRCA for sometime now (over 10 years). I can honestly say the past year was hard due to the headmaster and his reminder system, his apparent lack of respect for teachers, students and parents. However, through all of the headmaster turmoil (he has not been terminated) the teachers never lost their dedication and love for the students. If you have ever worked in a hostile situation you know how hard it is to come to work with a smile on your face everyday, yet the CRCA teachers did that. My children have flourished at this school. I hope they do address the lack of extra curriculm activities. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a good, healthy, christian enviornment.

Posted April 20, 2008

GREAT SCHOOL! My kids love it! I can't complain, the school is getting better each year! I guess I must hang out with all the happy parents because I haven't heard all the negative comments listed on this website....makes me wonder who these people are and do they really go there?

Posted August 30, 2007

my children love this school. they are learing. SAT scores show how much. teachers are very strick, but they care about each student

Posted August 13, 2007

Poor leadership, unhappy teachers, tense atmosphere, that is what I notice last year. No reading required, no enough homework, I truly regret having my children at that school, it was a very long year for me and my family.

Posted April 23, 2007

This school has a slick website but it is the wolf in sheep's clothing. Nothing new here as nothing has changed except for more teacher firings. Attendance is at an all time low. The Pastor, Mike Tatum who oversaw the operation of the school has left. This school is an par with the public schools in the area. No homework is given out and little classwork is done. We wanted to give the school one last chance. What a mistake this has been. Dig deep and you will find the truth.

Posted February 26, 2007

As an educator for 30 years in the public school system, I say thank G*d for CRCA. I have seen many discipline methods and CRCA s system of reminders is a good blend of many of the best practices. Self-control and good behavior is amply rewarded while negative behavior is met a reminder to improve behavior. A student that learns to control one s self so that they may learn is the goal. Isn t that what you want in classroom? This school has really improved my son's self control and attitudes toward self-responsibility. He has told us how he consciously tries to improve his own behavior. The principal is an academician who is trying to improve the academic quality and reputation of his school by introducing more rigorous curriculum and standards. If you are interested in a no-nonsense , Christian environment for your child, this is the place.

Posted November 6, 2006

I currently have one child there under this new regime and I can't stand it. You'd be getting the same in a public school as in this school. I regret paying for and registering for this school year and will be moving my child out this year.

Posted September 12, 2006

The principal is only concerned with his discipline program that he has crated. This school is riding on it's previous reputation. IMHO it is not worth the money. There are severe discipline problems. Do your homework on this one and use due diligence, your child's future depends on your decision. We have withdrawn our children and placed them in another school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • FACCS Spelling Bee-state (2010)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Arts & music

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gardening

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Gloria Perdomo
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (305) 255-6978

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper