Posted September 11, 2014
We are very happy to have found an amazing A school. Mr. Ralph Frier is a great leader, his 47 years in the education field it really does make the difference when it comes to successfully run a great A rated school. I also like that they're keeping the kids active with everyday P.E classes. To me it shoul be a 10 out of 10 best school in the area by far.

Posted September 06, 2014
RGSA is a GREAT school teachers and staff are welcoming and helpful .Teacher communication is great . Afterschool pick up is hassle free as long as you have permission to do so. The only improvement this school needs is to become a K-12 school.

Posted June 05, 2014
We are so happy to have found this A school. The parents and kids are great, the teachers are fantastic, we are much happier than when we were in Orange county and will be staying for several years. We have completed one year here and have no complaints. The after school program is above the norm. The learning is advanced. The gifted program is well organized. They have PE every day which is extremely important to our family. They have great specials such as advanced music and art also. My only complaint is that I wish they had middle school!

Posted December 17, 2013
Ignore the negative feedback. This school is amazing. I have had THREE children (with a fourth on her way there soon!) attend and two of them are now 4.0 students at Discovery. Every teacher my children have had have exceeded my expectations and the administrative staff is organized and professional. As a teacher myself, I see quality in the education that my children receive/received at Ridgeview Global Studies and would not send my children anyplace else. For the record, parent involvement is of no fault of the school. Ridgeview holds several library nights, parent-teacher meetings, etc.--not to mention the Global Fiesta--in an effort to bring families to the school. --Brazil, Versailles, and Salvatore's Mom.

Ridgeview Global Studies Academy 1

Posted July 17, 2013
the school is based on FCAT tests and they dont even teach science in fourth grade. The teachers are average, except few of them, and administration just focus on FCAT to avoid loosing funding. No parent involvement at all and no student recognintion. Just few students are able to participate in extracurricular activities due bias with other students. I do not reccomend this school at all. In my opinion it is an average school. The parents that states is excellent, they don't have an idea what means excellence.

Posted April 01, 2013
A little know fact, Mr. Ed Bowling, 5th Grade Teacher at this school is the cousin of Country Music Entertainers. The Judds, composed of Naomi Judd and her daughter, Wynonna Judd. Signed to RCA Records in 1983, the duo released six studio albums between then and 1991. One of the most successful acts in country music history, The Judds won five Grammy Awards for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, and eight Country Music Association awards. The duo also charted twenty-five singles on the country music charts between 1983 and 2000, fourteen of which went to Number One and six more of which made Top Ten on the same chart. Mr. Bowling is an outstanding teacher, well liked and has sucessfully lead his 5th grade clases to the highest FCAT scores at Ricdeview Global Studies Academy

Posted September 13, 2012
What a wonderful extention of your family. Everything about Ridgeview Global has been a wonderful adventure for me and my family. I have two children attending there and my youngest was so well know by all the teachers before she even started. At the start of every school year my kids are excited to see with will happen. They LOVE going to school.My only wish is that they had a middle school. Mr. Frier is an amazing person and it shows in all his teachers and students. Thank you Mr. Frier.

Posted June 12, 2012
If my son didn't get into this school I was going to homeschool him. Well, he did get in & we really do love this school. His kindergarten teacher was Miss Miller. We couldn't have asked for a better teacher. I think that she has made my son love school. He never wanted a day off. On the weekends he would say, "I wish school was every day". They had all the kids (about 800) in the cafeteria for a talent show. They were all well behaved. They all came in & were seated in about 10 minutes. I think that says a lot about this school.

Posted June 11, 2012
I love this school! My daughter used to go to loughman oaks elementary and they were unable to help her pass kidergarten and it was so dissapointing that when I found out about Ridgeview I jumped on the wagon so fast putting her on the list. One year later I got a call that she was accepted to the school, and she was so much happier and her 3rd grade teacher Mrs Guzman-lizardo helped her so much wich has exceeded our expectations. She did great that year! In all I can say its an amazing school but I do feel like the talent show is a fail at this school I never attend only because they only choose a few kids and my daughter was alittle sad she was not chosen, I understand there are other kids who are better but the kids that want to participate should be able to do so, whether they are good or not so much. All in All I'm pleased and all 3 of my kids will be attending there!!!

Posted February 03, 2012
Excellent school. All their Staff is amazing. They are on top of everything. My daughter is middle school now and she always go to their global fiesta to say hi to all. She loves that school. My little one is going now to Kinder and will go to Ridge view. The principal Mr Frier, Mr Bowling and Mr Lovizio are wonderful. The nurse is a lovely person and the office staff as well.

Ridgeview Global Studies Academy
1000 Dunson Road, Davenport, FL  33896
Last modified Ridgeview Global Studies Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Global Studies Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top