Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy

Private | PK-8 | 175 students

Our school is known for safe, personal attention and care of all students.

Living in Davie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $193,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Sweep tile

Posted October 1, 2012

This school year 2012/2013, Gloria Dei has a new Principal and he will probably do very well. He has lots of experience of growing Lutheran Schools. I have had 2 of my children go all the way through Gloria Dei since Pre-School, they both excelled in an A rated local High School. Both got Bright Futures Scholarships and are doing very well in College. My 3rd child will graudate from Glora Dei next year. ALl 3 of my children have been blessed to go here and all know that they can turn to Jesus to help with any problem. They now have the foundation...well worth every penny.

Posted January 13, 2011

I moved here from a small low crime mid-western town, where you left your purse in the front seat of your car to run your child into school and it was still there when you got back. I have three children, and have been a stay at home mom most of their lives. Needless to say I was in shock when we moved here, how rude people are how there really isnt a community feeling. My children went to A+ public schools when we moved because I believed the real estate agent we have been working with for 6 months. I sent my 11 year old girl to IRMS with 1300 in just the 6th grade, we had 600 in the whole school she was coming from. She was a number at here really a number, they didn't care they were all numbers. She would run into one of her teachers they didn't even know who she was. When I read what some of you wrote about Gloria-Dei, I was in disbelief. They are some of the greatest people I know. My kids feel important again, they make all their kids feel special. There is a community at Gloria-Dei, and that in itself is one of the best things for a child it makes them feel safe. And we are way ahead in academics then the public schools..

Posted July 10, 2009

My son started Gloria Dei after ther first quarter of kindergarten in public school. Thank God we were able to transfer him to Gloria Dei then. He has been there three years now and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers and staff are great. They work so hard and are so caring. It is such a great Christian environment. I can't say enough good about the school. We Love It! The Bozemans

Posted May 21, 2009

My 17 year old attended GDLA for middle school after a horrible year in the public middle school we are xoned for. So when it came time for my youngest to attend middle school, there was no second thought of where he would be going, GDLA. I have nothing but praise to say about this school and the loving, compassionate, caring staff that hold it together. These are teachers at their best who truly love what they do and the children they teach. How wonderful it is to see so many children greeted with a hug in the car line drop off in the morning, it is truly an extended family and I cannot think of a better learning environment for my children and any other child where academics is taught hand in hand with values, morals and respect for the world around us.

Posted March 5, 2009

My three kids have been blessed to attend Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy for the past 10 years. We have one that graduated from GDLA last year(2008) and is now attending Nova H.S. and doing great. GDLA prepared her very well academically, spiritually, and athletically. Our son is in the eighth grade and will graduate this year(2009) and our youngest is in the fifth grade. They have all benefited from the small class sizes and excellent, caring christian teachers all the way through. It has always felt like a family atmosphere as they love parent involvement in many ways. The extracurricular activities my children have been involved in over the years have included: cheerleading (regular and competitive), track, soccer, volleyball, basketball,drama,band and sacred dance.What a great variety. An activity based on whatever talent of gift your child has mixed with christian teachers and coaches. God bless you GDLA, Love,The Lawson's

Posted February 20, 2009

Gloria Dei is a good school to go to. It has teachers that care and want to be around their students. Learing is not based on teaching the FCAT like public school so children are able to learn at a steady pace. As far as advanced or below classes go it depends on the parent volunteers. They do not have a teacher that can work with children with special needs or the latest materials. I feel that the children attending this school truly love it because of the teachers and the friends that they have aquired, not because of the principal or the equipment that is available...some money does need to go into appearance, like the poor looking after care room and equipment inside, as well as learning material...Not just church stuff.

Posted January 30, 2009

My daughter has been at this school since kindergarten and it has always just been the best! I would highly reccomend it to any one who wants love, affection and education for their child. She is graduating this year and I so hate to see her leave such a great school.

Posted January 7, 2009

This may have been a really nice school once but I firmly believe it is a ghost of it's former self. What was probably a fantastic school has given way to a mess of small towny ideologies that will see this school on it's way to closing it's doors shortly. there is too much favoritism and not enough attention pais to the quality of the education given . Elementary is still at a good level but the Middle school is a mess! and do not send your child to their Summer Camp!

Posted November 18, 2008

This is a great school... The teachers and staff care so much for our children. The children are getting a wonderful education and the teachers are very focused on teaching.

Posted October 25, 2008

Well the school does have a good past but a bad future. They a few nice teachers but they have some teachers that mostly focus on getting there pay check because they are so poor. The school only has lost so many students in the last couple of years. last year the books weren't even approven that they were allegible to teach students. So my recomendation lutheran schools aren't doing so good so they wont give the best education a student needs so don't waste money.

Posted June 2, 2008

My son has been attending GDL since he was 2 and now will be going into 1st grade. This school is wonderful. The teachers and all the staff are so compassionate with the children. The small class size allows personal attention to the children and the teachers are all wonderful!

Posted May 9, 2008

My daughter loves going to this school. The teachers are loving, and she is able to read before leaving kindergarten!

Posted February 25, 2008

My daughter has been attending since she was one and now is in 3rd grade. I love the small size of the school and the personal attention that the teachers give. A great place to send your child no matter what religion you are. Keep up the good work.

Posted December 24, 2007

My wife and I and more importantly, our daughter, love this school. The staff is caring and our daughter s academic scores have increased from previous years in public school. The mixture of Christian teaching and general academics is balanced. There are many after school activities. Any child would be lucky to attend this school.

Posted November 26, 2007

GDL is a very caring & nurturing school that teaches my children to respect and love each other as God intended us to do. The school also has an agressive curiculum at the competitive level that is needed in today's teachings. I have a 3 year old who loves the CDC Program (started in the infant program)and a 13 year old that is in 8th Grade. My 8th grader has attended GDL since she was 2 yrs old. Our third child is about to begin at GDL in Jan 2008 in the infant program. I went to private school my whole life and GDL is among the top private schools in our community-- in my opinion. Thank you, Michael & Shanda Layne

Posted November 21, 2007

Great school which focuses on early learning and relgious values. Very please with the pre-kindergarden.

Posted November 13, 2007

My son is four years old and has attended Gloria Dei since he was 3 1/2 months old. He has had some learning issues and the Learning Center staff and Director have worked with my husband and I, plus our speech therapist to assist my son. The staff has gone above and beyond to make sure my son still maintains his daily schedule but will rearrange activities to suit his therapy sessions. I would like to see an aide in the pre-k3 classes to assist the teacher but I am sure funding issues prevent this.

Posted November 13, 2007

I have had 2 children at Gloria Dei. One began in the CDC and the other in the infant room. They are now in PreK-3 and the 2 year old class and I could not be happier! The teachers are so loving and the children learn so much. The small classes allow the children to have lots of attention and one-on-one time with the teachers. I am a believer in Faith-based education, and Gloria Dei provides that for my children. It is a wonderful school.

Posted November 11, 2007

Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy in Davie, FL is a great school! They have so much to offer children from 6 months to 8th grade. As a teacher, I am always astounded by the amount of in-school and after school activities available for the children. The teachers are wonderful, kind and very caring...it is a great place to feel safe that your child is getting the best in education, Christian and otherwise.

Posted November 10, 2007

After reading all the reviews I must say that I agree that this school has been a wonderful experience for my children. We came from public school where one of my children was so distraught he did not want to go. He now has a positive additude towards school and is excelling. He doesn't even mind the dress code (hair, uniforms etc), which are watched closely, but then again don't perfomance and appearance go hand in hand? I have watched my younger child blossom and excel. The teachers have patience and tolerance. There were no hugs for a job well done in public school, not even a pat on the back. Lastly, the music and art at this school is like no other. If you want to be a part of you child's education in a family atmosphere, this school is definitely worth checking out.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:15 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Gordon Stoneburner
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • FCCAP
Fax number
  • (954) 475-2232

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Dance club
  • Drum line
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Variety

School-based aid
Outside scholarships
Church member discounts

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Variety