446 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Longstreet is a fabulous school. My children went here for three years, and even stayed there on a variance after we moved. The administration knows you and your child by name--it is a small, friendly and dedicated school. We moved out of the district last year, but not without tears, because this school and the teachers are fantastic.

Our little school by the sea is really a hidden pearl! And, after a multi-million dollar renovation, we are better-looking and higher-tech than ever! Some of the teachers have been at Longstreet for 30+ years. There is tremendous parent and volunteer involvement (an active PTA), and our current principal is outstanding. We have a wide variety of students, socio-economic and ethnic diversity which lends itself to a feeling of 'global community.' I feel my children are very safe, well taught and genuinely cared for. The 'story book carnival,' a Longstreet tradition, has been going on since I attended 30 years ago. Wow! If you are are moving to the area or can apply for a variance to attend our little pearl of a school, please call and visit. I know our principal gives tours to prospective students and their respective adults. I'm certain you will be impressed!

We love this small beachside school. My child has been at Longstreet for 2 years and we have truly loved it. Wonderful administration, active PTA and caring teachers make for a great combination. Simply a very pleasant learning environment.

My daughter has been going to Longstreet since kindergarten, And each year it seems it gets better. The whole staff goes above and beyond what I've seen other schools staff do. Its a great feeling knowing that when my daughter is not home she is at a caring, and nurturing enviorment!

Wonderful school. After a horrible kindergarten year at another school, I was apprehensive about 1st grade. But the caring and involved staff, and particularly his excellent teaher, helped to make his first grade year a huge improvement. We never felt out of the loop or uninformed either, they kept us well apprised of anything that was going on. I can't praise his teacher enough, she went out of her way to give him more challenging work and work with him on behavior issues, not to mention meeting with us frequently. I only wish I could send him there again this year, however, thanks to another move, we're stuck testing out another new school. I know that the skills my child acquired at Longstreet will help him handle the change, though.

Last modified R. J. Longstreet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.