446 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 05, 2015
Longstreet is a fabulous school. My children went here for three years, and even stayed there on a variance after we moved. The administration knows you and your child by name--it is a small, friendly and dedicated school. We moved out of the district last year, but not without tears, because this school and the teachers are fantastic.

Posted May 19, 2009
Our little school by the sea is really a hidden pearl! And, after a multi-million dollar renovation, we are better-looking and higher-tech than ever! Some of the teachers have been at Longstreet for 30+ years. There is tremendous parent and volunteer involvement (an active PTA), and our current principal is outstanding. We have a wide variety of students, socio-economic and ethnic diversity which lends itself to a feeling of 'global community.' I feel my children are very safe, well taught and genuinely cared for. The 'story book carnival,' a Longstreet tradition, has been going on since I attended 30 years ago. Wow! If you are are moving to the area or can apply for a variance to attend our little pearl of a school, please call and visit. I know our principal gives tours to prospective students and their respective adults. I'm certain you will be impressed!

Posted February 13, 2009
We love this small beachside school. My child has been at Longstreet for 2 years and we have truly loved it. Wonderful administration, active PTA and caring teachers make for a great combination. Simply a very pleasant learning environment.

Posted May 28, 2008
My daughter has been going to Longstreet since kindergarten, And each year it seems it gets better. The whole staff goes above and beyond what I've seen other schools staff do. Its a great feeling knowing that when my daughter is not home she is at a caring, and nurturing enviorment!

Posted August 16, 2007
Wonderful school. After a horrible kindergarten year at another school, I was apprehensive about 1st grade. But the caring and involved staff, and particularly his excellent teaher, helped to make his first grade year a huge improvement. We never felt out of the loop or uninformed either, they kept us well apprised of anything that was going on. I can't praise his teacher enough, she went out of her way to give him more challenging work and work with him on behavior issues, not to mention meeting with us frequently. I only wish I could send him there again this year, however, thanks to another move, we're stuck testing out another new school. I know that the skills my child acquired at Longstreet will help him handle the change, though.

R. J. Longstreet Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2006
Longstreet is a wonderful school with a diverse student population. The administrators and teachers have such passion for what they do that we felt it was the best choice for our child. We had the option of attending another school but we thought that supporting our local school was more important than anything else. Success is partly based on what you put into it and this school is flourishing b/c of teacher, student and parent involvement. We are happy with our decision and we love Longstreet!

Posted March 01, 2006
My two boys transfered to this school about 1 month ago from another school here in volusia county. My oldest is now in second grade at the old school he was haveing a hard time. His grades were dropping ect. As soon as he was placed in this school his grades are coming back up and he is trying his hardest again. My youngest is in kindg. and he was the same way now he loves school again. They are being normal at home again instead of wild and having attitudes. I love the difference and soo happy to have my boys back. The school has made a major difference in thier lives and I'm sooo happy we moved and they now have the opportunity to attend this great school!

R. J. Longstreet Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2006
This school is an older school but it is small compared to the other over crowed schools in Volusia County. The music, art and PE departments are top notch. Great small feel. Everyone knows you. Very involved in community. Good teachers.

Posted January 11, 2006
My child is in Kindergarten so this is our first year, and first experience, with Longstreet. The faculty is amazing. Each and every teacher from the Principal down to the Cafeteria staff seem to care about the general well-being of the students. The student population is more transient than average with a high number of children/families moving into and out of the area within a given school year. This concerned us at first but then we realized that it is a natural part of life and could be a good learning experience for our child (helping new kids, etc). Many of the teachers have spent 15 or more years at the school and many activities are geared toward family participation which makes for a wonderful learning experience and a great school community. We are very pleased with Longstreet and look forward to our second child attending too!

Posted May 17, 2005
Great school. My child loves it. The teachers abd administration care for their studuents and all inform parents of what's going on. I'd recommend this school to anyone!

2745 South Peninsula Drive, Daytona Beach, FL  32118
Last modified R. J. Longstreet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.