Daytona Beach, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009
Our little school by the sea is really a hidden pearl! And, after a multi-million dollar renovation, we are better-looking and higher-tech than ever! Some of the teachers have been at Longstreet for 30+ years. There is tremendous parent and volunteer involvement (an active PTA), and our current principal is outstanding. We have a wide variety of students, socio-economic and ethnic diversity which lends itself to a feeling of 'global community.' I feel my children are very safe, well taught and genuinely cared for. The 'story book carnival,' a Longstreet tradition, has been going on since I attended 30 years ago. Wow! If you are are moving to the area or can apply for a variance to attend our little pearl of a school, please call and visit. I know our principal gives tours to prospective students and their respective adults. I'm certain you will be impressed!

Posted February 13, 2009
We love this small beachside school. My child has been at Longstreet for 2 years and we have truly loved it. Wonderful administration, active PTA and caring teachers make for a great combination. Simply a very pleasant learning environment.

Posted May 28, 2008
My daughter has been going to Longstreet since kindergarten, And each year it seems it gets better. The whole staff goes above and beyond what I've seen other schools staff do. Its a great feeling knowing that when my daughter is not home she is at a caring, and nurturing enviorment!

Posted September 06, 2007

Posted August 16, 2007
Wonderful school. After a horrible kindergarten year at another school, I was apprehensive about 1st grade. But the caring and involved staff, and particularly his excellent teaher, helped to make his first grade year a huge improvement. We never felt out of the loop or uninformed either, they kept us well apprised of anything that was going on. I can't praise his teacher enough, she went out of her way to give him more challenging work and work with him on behavior issues, not to mention meeting with us frequently. I only wish I could send him there again this year, however, thanks to another move, we're stuck testing out another new school. I know that the skills my child acquired at Longstreet will help him handle the change, though.

Posted May 09, 2006
Longstreet is a wonderful school with a diverse student population. The administrators and teachers have such passion for what they do that we felt it was the best choice for our child. We had the option of attending another school but we thought that supporting our local school was more important than anything else. Success is partly based on what you put into it and this school is flourishing b/c of teacher, student and parent involvement. We are happy with our decision and we love Longstreet!

Posted March 01, 2006
My two boys transfered to this school about 1 month ago from another school here in volusia county. My oldest is now in second grade at the old school he was haveing a hard time. His grades were dropping ect. As soon as he was placed in this school his grades are coming back up and he is trying his hardest again. My youngest is in kindg. and he was the same way now he loves school again. They are being normal at home again instead of wild and having attitudes. I love the difference and soo happy to have my boys back. The school has made a major difference in thier lives and I'm sooo happy we moved and they now have the opportunity to attend this great school!

Posted February 18, 2006
This school is an older school but it is small compared to the other over crowed schools in Volusia County. The music, art and PE departments are top notch. Great small feel. Everyone knows you. Very involved in community. Good teachers.

R. J. Longstreet Elementary School
2745 S Peninsula Dr, Daytona Beach, FL  32118
Last modified R. J. Longstreet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. J. Longstreet Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top