De Leon Springs, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 18, 2013
I moved here 3 months ago and enrolled my son. In that 3 month period, my son has learnt mexican gang signs, exhibits unfavorable behaviour and has dropped a grade in every subject. I actually came to this website looking into transferring him to another school. Unless you don't care about how your child does academically and socially, you might want to look into other options. I would also like to add that some of the teachers here are wonderful. Unfortunately, there is only so much they can do on their own. I have never in my entire life seen such a poorly run school. I think that having a principle that showed genuine interest in the students and the school would be a great place to start.

Posted June 20, 2012
The Principal @ this school is NOT parent friendley. This principal hides behind her office door and it's like pulling teeth to get her to return a parents phone call. After many phone calls to the school, and then the district office in Deland. I as a parent had to go into McInnis school's office demand a meeting with the principal told them I wasn't leaving till I met with her did I get a meeting. The way this school in ran is VERY Unsatisfactory and is doing a disservice to our community. I am ashamed of this school and will be seaking a school that not only has Challenging academic programs for my daughter, better teachers, Strong principal/school leadership and is a parent friendly place.

Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2011
The teachers here are awesome. My kids love the Principle and the Assistant Principle. However, There is absoluty no parent participation. This is due to the amount of Mexican families who are scared to get involved. Don't judge by there scores, because it is hard to keep the scores up since so many parents pull their kids out of school for wees at a time and then reregister there kids when they get back. They return right before FCAT testing without any preperation. For thosekids that do stay they get an excellent education. I have 3 kids in the school and they love it and exceed. We need to change legistration saying that after missing so many days of school they are not allowed to take the FCAT test. This is how it was at one time. This should not apply to kids with medical reasons if they are tutored at home and keep up with their work.

Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
McInnis is wonderful, the teachers are there to help at all times and everyone is very friendly. My daughter already learned so much in the first couple of weeks of school, it is amazing.

Posted November 28, 2007

Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School 0

Posted August 02, 2007
My daughter has done great at this school. The principals and teachers really care about the students. My daughter really excelled and even got A honor roll! I wish this school had more funding for things like computers but everything else is excellent!

Posted March 27, 2007

Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School 4

Posted July 28, 2006
My experience at McInnis has been very positive. The teachers that I have encountered the past two years have been very caring and work hard to make sure that children are learning. There are added people on staff to work with children who need extra help on a daily basis. The teachers that my chldren have had have always kept me informed if they were struggling and helped me with suggestions to do at home. The administration is visible and knows many families by name. They make sure the school is safe. They attend all SAC and PTA meetings. Parents are very involved and the school recently received the DOE Five Star School Award. The school also has maintained an 'A' grade even with the challenges of having a large population of children from low income homes. Many famiies speak Spanish and the school provides people to help them at meetings.

Posted May 16, 2006
As a concerned grandmother of a student who has attended McInnis for the last three years, it is unfortunate that I must report my displeasure with the quality of his education. As a matter of fact, if you remove the FCAT-related activities from the equation, there are no extracurricular activities to speak of.

Posted May 02, 2006
No improvement noted in the past year and a half--even the family friendly atmosphere is now missing. Office staff predominantly Hispanic, with little knowledge of English, so phone communications with school staff are virtually impossible. Even in person, one must get through to the office staff to find someone proficient in English; this can be frustrating. I've been very unhappy this year with the teacher's seeming disinterest in the students, and with her apparent inability to communicate with parents in a timely manner. In my opinion, a concerned, involved parent would do better to look elsewhere for a good public elementary school--this isn't it! And, as an aside, 25% of the third grade at McInnis failed the 2006 FCAT, and 22% failed the math portion. This school ranks lowest of 49 elementary schools in Volusia County for 3rd grade FCAT performance.

Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School
4970 U.S. 17, De Leon Springs, FL  32130
Last modified Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louise S. Mcinnis Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top