567 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

This is a great school with a wonderful staff. Everyone is friendly and they look out for our children s future. The allow children to explore the arts in theater, and art work displayed all over the school and in local shows. I am so happy my son is a part of this school.

I went hear when i first started school10 school years ago. I thought this school was a terrific and kind school

After all, it's DeLand's one of the oldest schools. Disappointed with the administrators. They don't seem to listen to students and teachers about their needs. Other than that, teachers are great. They work very hard to make sure students are where they are supposed to be. The school has many activities throughout the schoolyear.

I attended George Marks and my daughter did also, this is an excellent school with teachers who care

Great school the teachers are very nice i would reccomend it to any parent.....

My experiences with George Marks Elementary school have been excellent. The administration and teacher quality, the school climate (including the ability to create an environment free from bullying which supports both tolerance and diversity) and availablity of resources have all been great. Both of my son's have had outstanding teachers who have had a major influence on their love of learning - Mrs. Manning (2nd) and Mrs' Phillips & Furley (4th) have all exemplified the patience, committment and tenacity that build young scholars. I couldn't be more pleased.

I believe this used to be a good school. I am, however, very disappointed. It is not as good as everyone thinks it is, and I am happy my kids are elsewhere now.

The best school in deland by far.. My daughter attented there k-4... We moved to al thats why were not there anymore...

Our child has attended G.W.Marks for 5 years. I was impressed from the first day when I saw the Principal out in the street directing traffic.One summer my daughter's picture was in the paper and the principal took the time to cut it out and mail it to us. Thats the kind of example she sets. They have one of the few elementary concert bands in the country and last year ranked #1 under a band leader who donates his time to have the band. My daughter scored 95 on her 3rd grade FCAT last year so I would say she has been taught well. We love the school and its staff.

My son has Mrs. Joiner for his K teacher and she has been wonderful teacher and she is very structured with the students. George Marks Elementry School also has the YMCA after-school program which is Christian base and it is held at the school. In addition, it has fundays when school is out. The school is very formative and caring when it comes to their students. I like the home calls on extra events, early realease, and etc.

Last modified George W. Marks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.