No rating

Lighthouse Christian Preparatory Academy

Private | PK-9 | 204 students

Living in DeLand

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $79,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted June 30, 2014

Love this school. They teach life skills as well as books. Give rewards when they are do and make my child feel important to them. We came to this school in the 5th grade after going to a different private school. I only wish we had been here from the start of school!!

Posted April 30, 2014

Lighthouse Christian in DeLand is such a blessing to our communityand to our kids. It's learning environment is awsome and the staff is very caring and knowledgeable. They not only have the respect of the students but also their love. I love that my child is at Lighthouse because it gives me peace of mind to know that she is being tought in a well oriented learning environment and that her life is being greatly impacted by her teachers because they really care about their students. To know that i can trust the staff that works with her and that she's growing in knowledge is very rewarding.

Posted April 29, 2014

My daughter has attended Lighthouse for 2 years and it has been a wonderful experience. My daughter has blossomed here both academically and spiritually in her 2 years. The teachers are caring and nurturing and it shows in her fellow students.

Posted April 29, 2014

LCPA is the absolute best school in West Volusia!! From the 1st time I entered the school office to inquire (6 years ago) I have felt that my child is important at this school! The office staff is amazing and caring and sweet and helpful at all times. The teachers are nurturing, educated, dedicated and you feel Gods love shine through each and every one of them. The principal is very involved, concerned, fair, and also spreads the Love of God through the school. How many schools do you know where the principal is invited to outside activities like birthday parties and holiday get togethers, and she is there, with a smile on her face! Lighthouse has become part of our family, and now that we have 3 children attending, we are all one big family. I am familiar with all the kids in all three of my kids classes, and their parents! My children receive the highest levels of education, yet the tuition is not the highest in the area! The quality of education the children receive and the genuine concern of every single staff member makes our school the BEST IN THE WEST! I highly recommend LCPA to every parent seeking a quality, Christ-centered, nurturing daily environment for their children.

Posted April 28, 2014

Lighthouse Christian Preparatory Academy has been a God-send for my family since August of 2000 when I first enrolled my oldest daughter at 2 years old and since then my youngest was also enrolled at 2 years old. Now I have my youngest daughter, 11 years old in the 6th grade middle school still attending and getting the best education she possibly can from a school I have come to love and trust completely with my childrens spiritual and educational learning experiences. Both my girls have strong values and believe in Jesus with all their heart, plus they are getting a top-notch education from teachers that are extremely dedicated. I recommend this school to everyone I know and meet that is looking for someplace better for their children to attend. You won't meet more loving, dedicated teachers and staff anywhere else and I am blessed to have them available for my daughter's education!

Posted April 28, 2014

Lighthouse Christian Academy is an awesome school. My son joined the family at 2 years of age, and now he is a 4.0 kindergartener excited for the first grade. The staff is warm, welcoming and helpful.

Posted April 10, 2014

The teachers at Lighthouse care. My children feel safe and loved at this school. They have built close relationships, and there is good communication. They have recently set up security measures and advanced more technologically and changed to a more challenging curriculum. I'm so glad I have my children there!

Posted April 10, 2014

My grandson has been going to Lighthouse for 2 years. He started in K3 and is now finishing up K5. The teachers he has had have all been good caring people. They want to teach the children, they treat your child as if they were there own. The teachers and the principal are stern if necessary but also loving. They have great response towards the parents and will take the time to talk to you if you have any issues or questions. This is a great school and the only thing I am hoping for is that they get more sporting teams for the younger kids. They are working on that. I hope to keep my grandson in this school until he graduates.

Posted April 3, 2014

LCPA works very hard to make positive changes on a regular basis. Change is not always welcome, but they are imperative. Greatest bunch of people I have ever worked with. Bonnie Fernandez, Office Manager.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 3, 2014

LCPA strives to give kids the foundation they will need in the future! My two children both started when they were two-year-olds and continued through high school graduation. The advanced curriculum impressed me and helped them greatly achieve. The emphasis on God's Word, prayer, and discipleship enabled my kids to have an even deeper faith.

Posted April 3, 2014

LCPA is small private school that provide a great education. It's moving forward technologically with use of MIMEO board in each classroom and ePad for the students to use. This means less physical books.

Posted November 20, 2013

Lighthouse Christian Preparatory Academy gets 5 out of 5 stars!!! This school has been a huge blessing for our family! My 5th grade daughter is thriving! Her teacher Mrs. Hull is a God send. I love the Christ centered curriculum and weekly worship in chapel. As well as the daily prayer and bible study. We really enjoy how every subject is from a Christian perspective. All of the staff are so kind and informative. My daughter had been bullied in public school but not here. Yes middle school is small but that's a great thing in my opinion. Also they do have computers and although they do not have a gym the high school students frequent the YMCA during school hours. I just can't praise this school enough. We are so thankful to LCPA and stepupforstudents.org scholarship program. Jesus shines at this school! You will NOT be disappointed Don't want to forget to mention how wonderful Mrs. Dormire the elementary principal is along with office staff Elaine & Theresa. They are always quick to help with any needs and have prayed for me several times. I love this school!!!

Posted October 22, 2013

I am so pleased already with the success and milestones my child has accomplished, even just in his first months of his first year at LCPA in the Pre-k 4 class. I am confident that their Pre-K program really is a preparation for Kindergarten and beyond. Also, I have personally known many students who have gone on to be successful in Universities, College, and the community who were trained at the Academy. The staff is very kind, especially the Elementary Principal, Mrs. Dormire. I would recommend this school.

Posted October 8, 2013

Lighthouse Christian Academy is such a blessing! They exemplify what makes a school great, and that is teaching kids not only academics but the love of Jesus! I thank God for the opportunity for my children to be able to attend such an awesome school!

Posted October 6, 2013

This is a great school with great staff. Mrs. ROLAND IS THE BEST! She goes beyond to always help the student. The atmosphere is also great. It is always pleasant. The front office staff greets you with love and often assist you in any area they can. We love LCPA

Posted June 12, 2013

My childrens school is by far the greatest school in the county. If you want your children to receive the best education and have Jesus in their heart, this is the place for them

Posted June 8, 2013

They teach Gods word in a way children can understand.They pray with the students and are allowed to attend worship time together.

Posted April 8, 2013

My son is in K2 and loves it!!! We are very blessed to have the teacher we do she truly cares about her students and wants all of them to grow as individuals. I am a parent that wants the very best for my child and I believe we found it at LCA. We have enrolled for summer and spring classes and I would recommend others to do the same. Victoria -parent

Posted September 27, 2011

I am so happy we switched to Lighthouse. Our son is excited about school again; he loves his teacher who gives him the help he needs. He didnt recieve this help at his old school. What a great blessing this school has been. Thank you.

Posted September 27, 2011

What a blessing Lighthouse is to my daughter and our entire family. The moment my daughter and I met with the principal of the middle school we felt we had found the perfect school. It was after the first week of her attending Lighthouse that we KNEW we found the perfect school. My husband and I see the beautiful smiling face we missed seeing when she previously attended public middle school. No longer do we have to wonder if she is getting bullied by other students, no longer do we have to wonder if her teachers will make fun of her for her Christian beliefs and no longer do we have to see our daughter crying because of school. Furthermore, our daughter is challenged daily from each of her teachers in all aspects of learning. She is fed spiritually, academically and socially the love of Christ. No longer do my husband and I have to believe the lies that we were fed when we went with concerns to the public middle school and told oh, that s just how girls are in middle school. She is blossoming into the beautiful pre-teen that God intended. Lighthouse has answered so many different prayers for our daughter. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 a.m.
  • Coed
Associations
  • FCCPSA accredited
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (386) 734-5627

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Transportation options
  • None

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

126 S Ridgewood Ave