641 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Like most public schools in Florida, Plumosa has it's challenges (testing issues, teachers that are not quite as highly qualified as most of the others, some communication issues), but Overall, I LOVE Plumosa for the unique things it does offer: Most of the teachers are amazing the Arts program is such a blessing in an age where arts are no longer regularly incorporated into the early classroom the Dual Language is making my boys bilingual, respectful, caring teachers, staff and students and the school facilities are top-notch.

We have been here for one school year and our daughter loves it. The school of arts affords the kids to grow and enjoy things that they love. Also she is getting a great education and the services for speech and esl are phenominal. The teachers at this school care and challenge the kids. We chose this school district and have not been disappointed.

My daughter just started kindergarten here and she loves it! Everyone was so kind to the entire family and made our start to the school years fun!

Yes, it's true, we missed our continued "A" rating by 7 points! So, we are a "B" this year. It's still such a great newly built school. My daughter started 1st grade & will be learning Spanish, along with music (beautiful new in instruments), dance, vocals, drawing, media center, piano (black uprights, one for every child). New principle, teachers, parents, students, front office personnel, cafeteria employees, janitors, crossing gaurds, etc. (All make up a great team!) "Green School" herb, vegetable & butterfly garden in the back. Sink & toilets flush on their own, energy efficient place, school built with all green materiel, & feng Shui windows for brain stimulation. Cool school, go on a walk through! You may fall in love with it! :-)

My husband and I made the decision to put our son in a private school to see how he could adapt. I am reading several reviews that are negative and they all seem like they are old and outdated as the staff at Plumosa including the principal are amazing. The staff at the front has a lot on their plate first thing in the morning. I can only think that the parents complaining are the ones that procrastinate and expect everything dropped just for them. Miss ukes, Ivey, King, Early and many more are amazing! Very happy with our teacher Esparza as she is strict but consisitent with our child.

We are a military family who move every 3 years and I have to say that this school has superseeded the reviews given. I was afraid of what type of enviornment that the school would have but both of my children who are in 1st and 3rd grade love the school courses and specials that they offer. The only reason I didnt give the school a five star review is becasue I do feel that the adminstration in the front office should have warmer greeters welcoming parents but overall great A rated school I cannot believe that its a public school. Kids really have learned so much in the past two months being there we are going to be sad to leave it.

Our daughter is in the dual program and we are very happy with her learning experience at the school. She is part of a multicultural family and this school is just the right fit for her, plus she is being introduce to arts, dance and music at such a young age and she loves it! Definately a plus for her curriculum. The school principal is very nice & involve a 100%. The campus is new, modern, clean, eco-friendly and just plain beautiful! It feels like a private school without the high tuition and the teachers are great but the most important thing for us is that our girl is HAPPY being there.

I think this school is great. The perpective depends on the child motivation too. I love the school there is a lot of dicipline. The principal is very organize and the support children. My kids are in plumosa since kindergarden. The teachers are like part of the family, Mrs, Maresma, Mrs Menocal, Mrs, D, Ms Opera, Ms Pabon, Mrs Rivabella, Mrs Guerrero, Mr. Lopez, are great with kids and always want to help their students. The school offer all kind of arts, the have PE class, I think this school is one of the best and certainly we are very lucky to have a school like this in our neighborhood.

Considering the other schools in the neiberhood, this school offers an excellent dual language program. Both my daughters attend this school and participate in the dual language program and have excelled in it. I did not give it five stars due to the pettiness that goes on. They make a big deal about tardies and about not signing an agenda which is not necessary. As far as the staff goes, there are some rude characters but that you will find anywhere you go. I have been lucky to have had great teachers that are concerned about their students and their after school program is also great. My kids love their school and they are taught to love themselves and to be happy.

The teacher and the principal dont have a good plan for the kids. They ask for school supplies at the begining of the year and the just give the kids papers to fill out. they dont bring home their work of the day. parents dont know what their kids are learning during the day.but they jus complain when the results are not good. the students bring home just homework, and exercise to solve,and fill blanks. Easy work but then, they are running like crazy in times of fcat. They dont have a plan, to build writing skills or vocabulary skills. Fcat results are a dissaster. I don't recommend this school where teachers don't make the kids believe in them selves. Of course a staff will not admit this is true, BUT UNFORTUNATLY THIS IS THE REALITY WE ARE FACING HERE. i think the school principal dont know anything about learning phsycologhy. The curriculum goes against the learning principals.

Last modified Plumosa School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.