447 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Posted October 26, 2014
Since these reviews are four year old I think it is only appropriate to update them. There is a new principal at Pine Grove and I promise you, you will not find a harder working principal than the one Pine Grove as now (Mr. Peccia). He has a open door policy and is there fully for the students. The staff is happy and working hard and love their students. The school is on the move to making an A. It's great to be a part of such a great school environment.

Posted October 20, 2014
This is a great school, good teachers, hardworking principal and assistant principal. Great team making sure our children get a better education.

Pine Grove Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2010
I can't believe there is a single positive review of this school. The stats are wrong. The free lunch rate is over 90%. My daughter was upset that she could not leave class with over half her classmates to go to ESOL. I never walked the halls without seeing a teacher yelling at her students. There are a few really good teachers. The administrators want a good school. But it ends there. Go to the front office and the folks there don't even look at you when they talk to you. And this attitude permeates the school. It is little more than a ghetto school in a ghetto. I grew up across the street from the school many years ago and now find myself back in Delray. I would rather let my house go into foreclosure and move across town to a rental than let my kids go back here.

Pine Grove Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2007
I'm a parent of one child at Pine Grove, according to her progress, I can say this is a good school.

Posted January 26, 2007
I have four children and all of them attended pine grove of which three are currently still attending. This is an excellent school one of my children is on the honor roll and two are on the principal honor roll. I would highly recommend this school. I also sub there often.

Posted May 24, 2006
The staff cannot get along and the students seem to be in the middle. For the students to learn I hope to see some big changes.

Posted May 09, 2005
i think that this school is a very good school, tha academdic are very good, teacher know what they teach, they care for their students, we have a good parent involvement group, the school's only fault is that it has a great number of esol students and so then we don't acheive i high standard score but this year a third grader made a 6.0 on the writing test. way to go pine grove keep up the good work i love it and will attend till my girls finish the fifth grade.

Pine Grove Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2005
My experience with Pine Grove Elementary is from the perspective as an after-school program director. I find the administrative personnel to be helpful and work closely with the school social worker to provide services to children. I get the feeling that the educators there really care about students and that the services are thorough and complete.

Posted April 05, 2004
I'm glad to see that other parents have had the same type of experiances with this school. I was told by a school offical that my children were spoiled and that was their problem, not the fact that my 3rd grader (at the time) was punched several times by another kid in his class. Which, by the way, did not receive any type of punishment for what he did. I have to deal with problems at this school on an almost weekly bases. I would not recommend this school to anyone! The students are rude, do what they want when they want. Teachers have no control over the students in their class rooms! My children are the ones that suffer, and can't learn! Since principal change, school has improved but not enough!

Posted November 18, 2003
Stay out of this district unless you wish for your elementary student to be confronted with student violence,cruising, and a lack of upholding of the policies they display on their building so proudly. I know, my son is living it and the school board is forcing us to move or home school due to their need to increase student numbers at this school. No one whom wishes for their child to be successful should choose this school!!

Pine Grove Elementary School
400 Southwest 10th Street, Delray Beach, FL  33444
Last modified Pine Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top