484 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Im unsure of this topic because i haven't had any issues or witnessed any but i would have to say they would most likely handle it well!

All around great school! Our daughter is in kindergarten and has learned so much in such a short period of time. From the principal down to each teacher (from what I've witnessed) they know them all by name treats them awesome. The office staff is awesome too. Thanks everyone.. So happy our daughter attends here and we look forward to our younger two starting one day soon!

All staff members are awesome, very helpful with your children's needs A+ school in my eye's

My son went to this school for grades K-2 before the district changed him to the new school, Pride. I was not happy with this school because the kids were switched teachers several times throughout the school year. My son had TWO 1st grade teachers and THREE 2nd grade teachers. It was very confusing for him as well as many other students at Sunrise. I could understand if a teacher was pregnant and needed to go on maternity leave BUT to just switch the kids around like that is not very structual. I am very thankful the district switched my son to a different school.

The focus is on FCAT. It appears that topics are raced through before a child can grasp a concept and then raced on to the next subject. Parental involvement in the learning process is all but mandatory if you want your child to succeed.

Everyone is super nice. if you need anything they will go out of their way to help you and/or your child. They work with your children closely.

I really love sunrise elementary school, the teachers and the principal are great. I wish that he can stay at sunrise throughout all his school years but he does have to eventually one day move on. Thankful to have had my son attend such a wonderful school.

The teachers at Sunrise worked very hard with my son this year in keeping him on grade level in all areas. However, the prinicpal was not seen a lot on campus, especially during night-time events. Mrs. Kaye was usually out of the office right after school ended, which didn't allow much time to meet with her. The PTO organization is no longer active at Sunrise due to lack the support of the administration with many of it's parent programs. I have pulled my son out of this school to a attend private school in the area.

My daughter is in a wheelchair and needs extra care. Other schools never wanted to deal with her and always caused me problems at work. Friendship Elm was one of these other schools. I love Sunrise, they take care of my daughter and make her feel so good about herself. Ms. Kay and the front offie staff our very caring and always welcome her when she heads to the clinic. The teachers are wonderful too, Ms Euens and Ms. Ingim we love you both. I wish she could stay there forever but she has to grow up and next year she will be in middle school. I highly recommend this school to any parent of a speacial needs child. Pure heart of Gold! God Bless Sunrise!

Truly, I've never known a more compassionate, and amazing Principal as Mrs. Kaye. Her leadership ability is unsurpassed. How fortunate that she is at Sunrise Elementary School. ~ submitted by someone grateful

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.