Deltona, FL
Students enrolled: 1,685

Deltona High School 2

Posted August 26, 2015
I realize that every school will have pros and cons, but as a parent, I regret that my middle schooler will also one day attend this school. My childrens' father was career military, so we have experienced many schools, including DODDS, but this is by far the worst. When I registered my son, the registrar was rude and seemed to view the process as a hassle. I explained that my son had been Gifted and honors courses and gave her the contact info she requested for his previous school. She did not arrange for them to fax his records, so I made that happen, but by then his registration was so late he was thrown into whatever basic classes were available (after the beginning of year he was moved to honors, based on his performance). I tried to discuss the possibility of him doing dual enrollment, but was told on phone by a man last year identifying himself as the Assistant Principal (MacLean?) that as my son had no license, the school would not allow him to ride from the school with another student. This year, he was given Chorus, which he has zero interest in, we have to pay a $25 registrants and $60-$70 for a performance outfit. Since his father and I both work, he would have no ride to practices, but his teacher suggested he ask another student for rides, since apparently this is acceptable now. I have seen figures showing a high number of students not graduating from Deltona HS, and I see why. It appears students are pumped through the system there, with very little concern for providing them tools for success.

Deltona High School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
I recently graduated from Deltona High School and I have to say, this school is horrible. I've had issues with people bullying me, so I went to Mr. Smith who is the school dean. He blamed the situation on me. All this school cares about is money. They stopped having pep rally's because the school board told them they can't make the students pay to go to the rally's. The teachers are very nice and caring.

Posted October 27, 2013
Deltona is a great school, although every now and then you realize its not a big school and then you begin to envy other school but It still is great. How you ask? this year they really cracked down on the writing situation AND THE WHOLE SCHOOL ENFORCES IT EVEN CLASS THAT DONT HAVE TO DO WITH WRITING. Their band program is also another great band the blue brigade probably not the best band but it is one of the best, now do you see why DHS IS THE BEST HIGHSCHOOL EVER (AND I MEAN EVER)

Posted October 27, 2013
I am now a senior at this school I must say although the fighting has lowered a lot its incredible how our school as a whole is making improvements oh and CLASS OF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deltona High School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
I went here for my 9th grade and absolutely hated it. The teachers don't care at all, the staff sucks, I got bullied a lot and when I told the teachers they didn't even care! I was forced to switch schools because the teachers had no idea when they were doing and they don't know how to spend their money! I switched to Pine ridge, and THAT is an awesome school.

Posted July 06, 2013
Deltona HS has become a smaller school which provides the opportunity for teachers, guidance counselors and administration to get to know the students and make them feel important. When a school gets too large, no one has time to help you. All three of my children have gone to this school and there is definetly a difference from when it was over crowded years ago to now.

Posted June 22, 2012
this school is very great. the school has great programs. which university doesn't have. i was zoned for university and didnt get my variance form accepted for deltona. i was greatly disappointed and wanted to change but i guess it dident turn out so i had to go to university but deltona is very nice

Posted April 27, 2010
There is not enough room to answer all the comments made here in order to defend DHS. I've been a parent with the school for 4 years and will be for another 3 years. I'm also a substitute teacher there. Deltona is no different than in other school in the state- WE do have good teachers there, teachers who go the extra mile. What I have NOT seen are parents (unless its sports) getting involved. Where are you? Respect and responsibility starts at HOME, NOT school and when we have to be the child's parent as well as teacher it punishes all students. So get a grip parents- help us to help your child to make their dream come true.

Posted September 24, 2009
Because it is the home of the Wolves. The students are great and the teachers are friendly.

Deltona High School 1

Posted January 31, 2009
Deltona High School is a place to put your child if you want them to 'graduate'. They push kids through, giving them grades they do not deserve, allowing all work to be made up the last week of the quarter or semester and passing kids with Bs and Cs who get 60s on their semester exams. It is a joke and anyone who actually cares about their child getting an education and being prepared for anything after high school should take their child out of that school immediately, as things are just getting worse.

Deltona High School
100 Wolf Pack Run, Deltona, FL  32725
Last modified Deltona High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deltona High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top