646 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

My kids love this school,the teachers they have had are great.Right now one has Mrs Raynor,what a sweetheart.She has a big heart and my kids have loved her.They have learned more from her than any other teacher they have had.I give her and other teachers a lot of credit for what they have to put up with and doing it for little pay

Forest Lake Elementary is an awesome school. My two sons attended and one is still in 5th grade attending. They have a great gifted program, alot of family functions for parents to get involved and Mr. Robinson the assistant principal is hands down the best school faculty member I have encountered in any school. He is just an awesome person, keeps kids motivated, always happy, always positive, funny, silly and can put a smile on your face everytime you see him. All schools should have a Mr. Robinson !!

My daughter, who is now in 5th, had started going to this school in second grade. From day one, we knew that we would be happy here. The assistant principal, Mr. Robinson, is terrific. Very upbeat and energetic and makes every child and parent feel important. The school is clean and organized. They offer many different programs to get your child more involved from cooking club, to dance club, to school news and student council to the more family related events like the ice cream socials and such. Now, our 5 year old is attending and at first I was a little nervous (as most Kindergarten mom's are) but the school and the teachers have gone to the ends of the earth to ensure that the transition is easy and that my daughter can leave class early enough to walk her brother to the after-school-care bus. I will tell you that the school is VERY picky about who is on the campus but I really like that safety is a top priority and don't mind the extra hassle.

I like this school.the only problem I had is my granddaughter who I have custody of did not take her serious with her emotional problems at one point the teacher would not let her go see the school counselor to talk without first telling the teacher what she had to talk about ,I know for a fact that the teacher was wrong and the counselor should of called me in for a talk and to refer her to a counselor outside of school. I hope this changes I will go talk to the teacher and the counselor this year so she gets the help she needs.

This school is an awesome school!! My child was in the Special Needs Pre-K class for the past two years here and she just got her variance approved to go back to this school. Mrs. Laggner has worked wonders with her and I am very greatful that she is at that school. Her assistance Mrs G and Mrs Monsanto are equally awesome! I just hope she gets Mrs Harris for Kindergarten!!!! *fingers crossed*

Very impressed! Teachers have excellent communication with parents, and encourage students to do their best!

Everyone is friendly and helpful and the teachers are great!

Forest Lake Elementary is a great school. I have two children that attend this school. The staff are great with the children. The principal Mr. Fisher is the districts principal of the year.

My kids love to go to school here. And cannot wait to start again. Thank you to all your wonderful teachers.

The principal is one of the best principals I have seen in a long time. He is very 'hands on'. He hires wonderful teachers who are dedicated. They always keep me up to date on my child's progress. I love this school.

Last modified Forest Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.