Deltona, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 14, 2014
My kids have gone to this school for four years and I am disappointed to be leaving here.

Posted October 27, 2013
Ok so im in 8th grade now but i went to Spirit Elem. kindergarten-4th grade and i had the worst time in my other school. I loved Spirit. It had so many fun activities. I also had my favorite teacher EVER who was Mr.Philips. He was amazing and would do a lot of fun things with us and also a lot of help with our work as well this school was a very good school when i went there i just dont know how it is today...

Posted May 28, 2012
My son loves this school as do I! His teacher, Mrs. Hinson is nothing short of amazing! We are in constant commmunication and she helps my son soar to exceed all expectations! The principal is very sweet and always willing to do whatever it takes to help ALL of her students rise above the rest. His pe coach, coach D, always goes above any expectations to make sure all of his students get the attention they need and teaches them to always stay positive and healthy. He is a true role model. With these three constantly looking out for the kids best interest and nothing else makes this the best school to trust your children in. This is an amazing school and my son loves it as much as I do

Posted May 10, 2011
I am so happy with Spirit Elementary and my Kindergarten daughter has thrived here. The new Principal is always visible and is so approachable as is the Vice Principal. Her teacher Miss Simpson is wonderful and both the music teachers and art teachers truly have the kids best interests at heart. We were considering private school at one point as an option because of things we had heard about public schools in Deltona, but we couldn't be happier with Spirit and look forward to many years there.

Posted April 24, 2011
With the change in principal this year, and more personal involvement within the school, I have found Spirit to be a great place for my children. Many new technologies have been introduced to the staff including document cameras and mobi boards which bring student enrichment and academics excelling. If you, as a parent, involve yourself within the school, you are more likely to better understand your child and his needs. The school is very open and loves to see parents helping in all aspects. Student excellece is attrributed by the teachers, staff, and administration at this school.

Posted August 31, 2010
I went to Spirit from 3rd to 5th grade. I have to say, out of the schools I went to all over the world, this was the best. I had wonderful teachers & passed all tests & exams with flying colors. The teachers there are approachable, nice & intelligent. & Spirit does many activities for students. There is a very high level of parent involvement & that is a key to a stundents success. What a great school!(:

Spirit Elementary School 1

Posted July 08, 2010
This school's agenda is fun activities but very academically challenged. I am not sure if they deserve the funding they receive as a Title one school. The next principal who takes over is going to have to whip the teachers into shape because I think the teachers were just allowed to skim over the information to students and those lucky few who grasp it by a few threads get to move on to either an inexperienced teacher or one who has been allowed to remain static in their teaching processes. I hope these teachers will retire rather than move to another school where they can mimic the same stale behavior for as long as they can before they retire.

Posted February 26, 2010
My child has the greatest time there they have great teachers and staff. Thery have alot of fun activities for the children like movie night, science night and much more. They have a news team that reports the school news and safty patrols. I recomend this shool to everyone.

Spirit Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2009

Spirit Elementary School 0

Posted July 29, 2008
This is a great school! I love the Assistant principal and the teachers. The principal is a little to laid back though. I would recommend Ms. Harrington for 4th grade and Mrs. Gier for 5th grade.

Spirit Elementary School
1500 Meadowlark Drive, Deltona, FL  32725
Last modified Spirit Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spirit Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top