Posted March 17, 2015
My son went from being home schooled to starting public school above grade level. He ended that year very far behind. After his first year at DCA he was back on grade level. Not only is my child thriving academically but he is also thriving spiritually. I am so thankful for the teachers who strive for these students to have a solid foundation in Christ while also growing in their academics!
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 24, 2015
It's a shame how the perception of one disgruntled parent can make the entire school look uncaring and not Christian. Parents should be proud of the teachers' academic achievements. Isn't it a blessing to know that the best possible education is being provided for their child by "highly qualified" teachers who could just as easily work in a public school, but have chosen to teach here? It seems highly unlikely that the student would be "unenrolled" without contacting the parent or that the school would "kick your child out without hesitation" to save its reputation. Unfortunately, I believe there is always more behind these low reviews than what the parent has mentioned. Advice: Don't be swayed by just one person's perception - get the facts from the other side too.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 24, 2015
My daughter attends the pre-academy program at DCA. This is her 2nd year at the school. I could not be happier with the way she is treated each day. She is growing as a Christian and a student on a daily basis. The teacher her how to be a good person and how to treat people. As a parent that has to work I love knowing that my daughter is taken care of and loved by the teachers at Dunnellon Christian Academy. When we walk inside every teacher from pre-school to high school knows my daughters name. It is an amazing feeling to know that your child is a person not just a number to these teachers. They take the time to get to know your children! My husband and I look forward to many years at DCA with our children. Go DCA!!
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 24, 2015
DCA's mission is to give every child the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and teach them their academics along the way. My children have been a part of this school for the past 6 years, and I have the awesome opportunity to work here. I have watched my children and my students learn how to pray in the pre-school (as well as reading at 4 years old) to winning writing competitions in the middle school. When your child knows that they are held accountable for their behavior and their academics, it sets a standard in their lives. Nothing is going to get handed to them...they must work to be successful and sometimes fall along the way. I know that I am ultimately responsible for the education and well-being of my child. I PARTNER with DCA to make this happen. Our children are a reflection of the choices we make as parents to let them grow, mature and be successful. DCA has been an amazing educational and spiritual experience, and I am truly thankful for the staff and leadership of the school...from the nursery all the way up! Go Eagles!
4 people found this helpful

Dunnellon Christian Academy 1

Posted February 20, 2015
Well....it started out great with promises of "how we can help your daughter" etc. This school was not being honest with me about implementing her 504. The worse thing about this school is their level of arrogance. The teachers are very "proud" of their own academic achievements and very very quick to remind the parent of "how much" they know. In one day my daughter was unenrolled without even calling me and not only caused a huge problem for my daughter educational wise, but McKay scholarship money has been paid to them for rest of school year. Principal is very worried about this school's rep and will kick your child out without hesitation if you verbalize problems to her. NOT A GOOD SCHOOL...nor Christian

Posted June 25, 2009
I have 2 daughters, one has graduated and the other is still attending DCA. The school has been such a wonderful influence on them. My now 20 year old is on the deans list at the college she is attending and this is because of the education she recieved at DCA. I let her attend public school for 2 of her high school years and upon returning to DCA her comment to me was,' I learned more at DCA in the past 6 weeks than I did in a whole year in public shcool'. DCA has an outstanding academic program and teachers who teach God's word along side of all academics.

Posted May 30, 2009
My child transferred from her local public school this year. There is not enough room to describe the professionalism, the caring, and my overall feeling of happiness here at DCA. Public school did not nurture her or even follow her IEP as required by law. Here at DCA, they asked what accommodations were necessary, and they were in continued contact. Obviously being Christian, it was important for me for her to grow in God, but academically, there is no happier parent out there.

Dunnellon Christian Academy

Posted May 30, 2009
I have attended Dunnellon Christian Academy for 14 years and am a graduate. I am not only saying that I loved my experience at DCA, but also it built many relationships with friends, and most of all the Lord and Savior who has helped me through my life! DCA is one of the best schools in Marion County not only because there is a Christian perspective on the education the students receive, but also because the teachers actually care! The teachers do not get paid the amount that they would at a public school, but they do not care they love what they do and they know that they are building the Kingdom. I have had so many opportunities at DCA that I would not have had if I would have attended any where else. The leadership opportunites that I have had are endless! I highly reccomend this school!

Posted March 13, 2009
DCA does a great job of meeting the needs of individual students. I am grateful for quality degreed teachers who present a Biblical worldview to my child. The extracurricular activities including sports are incredible for a school this size. My child has attended for 12 years and I have been very pleased with the education and love we have received.

Posted March 03, 2009
I have an elementary, middle and highschool student at DCA. My family has been so blessed through the 8 years that we have been there. My children each have different needs and they have all been met above and beyond. It is such a blessing to know that the teachers and staff not only love my children, but also love the Lord. DCA is a place where the children receive excellent education and a firm foundation with Christ.

Dunnellon Christian Academy
20831 Powell Rd, Dunnellon, FL  34431
Last modified Dunnellon Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Dunnellon Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top