Flagler Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,106

Posted April 22, 2014
AWESOME! The best! The teachers are focused on helping the students learn, and will do anything to help.

Posted June 28, 2013
We have been very fortunate to have had both of our girls thrive in this school with excellent teachers. This was their first year at Old Kings Elementary and they will be going into the second and sixth grade in the fall. The teachers I encountered were always warm and caring. They go the extra mile to ensure my girls are challenged, and they make learning fun. It has never been difficult to get a response from the teachers when I had a question. I would hope that any parent with children going to this school would exemplify a positive attitude, and realize that effective leadership with their children at home, is as important as going to a good school.

Old Kings Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2013
My children have only attended Old Kings Elementary since we moved to Palm Coast. Although there are some fabulous people there, I have never in my life seen such poor administration in the retired and returned principal and some of the teachers who believe they are "untouchable" (for the record they are!) The current District Superintendent could care less and I believe both the Superintendent and the principal should be replaced immediately. The teachers (and you know who you are) who care more about where they are from or using someone else's teaching format should really retire immediately. I have two of the three students in the 6th grade getting all A's for the year. If that doesn't tell you how bad this school is nothing will. I do find suspect most of the posts on this site. Let the reader beware.

Posted June 13, 2012
I have had at least one child attending OKES for the last 4 years. My son just completed 3rd grade, my daughter has just completed Kindergarten. We could not ask for a more concerned, loving, highly trained staff of teachers and administrators and support personnel. My son has been an honor roll student since he first began receiving grades (K doesn't grade, but does give MS/PS marks) and has been taught and coached well. He has had the privilege of "looping up" with his class and teacher at least once, and the benefits are tremendous -- teachers know the students and can begin teach quickly, rather than adjusting to learning styles and personalities the first few weeks of school. I have been involved in the school as a parent since we first began attending. Yes, there are fundraisers, but all the monies donated and profits are returned to the school and students and staff through purchase of educational materials and courses that can enhance our children's learning experiences. With federal and local budget cuts, these donations are much needed to help bridge the gaps. I appreciate those parents and others who donate their time and resources to OKES.

Posted June 12, 2012
This is my girls second year at old kings and they are doing great! They were in private school before and I thought they would be ahead but I was wrong. The struggled their first year but they had great teachers and by the end of the year they showed a lot of improvement. This year they didn't struggle at all. The staff is awesome! I've been notified of all incidents immediately.

Old Kings Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2012
This really is a bad school. They are very anti-family. The teachers are nice - for the most part. Some are just plain incompetent. They replaced a 6th grade advanced teacher with a permanent substitute (who does not even have a teaching certificate) as the regular teacher is out on medical leave. Our advanced students are now suffering. They really do not care about educating. Its all about how much the kids can sell, sell, sell in the MANY fundraisers. There is NO recess in this school either.

Posted April 18, 2011
I have one child in middle school and one in 5th grade who've attended this school since kindergarten - it is AWESOME! The teachers are amazing and the district is really focused on kids! Great place!

Posted July 22, 2010
My son goes to OKES. Everybody are very friendly. If you ask who is the best teacher, there is no answer. Teachers are grate. My son is so happy there.

Posted May 13, 2010
Both of my boths have been going to this school since the 1st and second grade and I have been pleased with thier teaching methods. It is one of the best schools in Palm Coast.

Posted March 17, 2010
My two daughters have been lucky to have such great teachers. Both are principal honor girls. I am very proud, and the teachers should take credit as well....

Old Kings Elementary School
301 Old Kings Road South, Flagler Beach, FL  32136
(386) 517-2060
Last modified Old Kings Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Kings Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top