Posted September 13, 2013
My children have been enrolled in Berean Christian Academy for five years. They look forward to going to school each day. My child has a learning disability that requires much additional attention from the staff to keep up with others in traditional classes. My child has not only learned to read, but loves to read, enjoys science and has learned to enjoy physical activity such as running. Our staff is willing to gladly put in the extra effort to help the students be successful. I cannot thank them enough. The school is very balanced despite some of the previous review. Take reviews with a grain of salt - poor learning usually results from little to no parental involvement.

Posted August 08, 2013
As a graduate of Berean Christian Academy, I am glad to say how proud I am of thsi school! The teaching staff is tremendous. Not only do they care about achieving good grades in the classroom, but they care about the students on a more personal basis as well. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to establish a good Christian foundation and high academics. I learned so much through the teaching at BCA, and hope that one day my children are able to attend this great school. GO BCA!

Posted August 08, 2013
I am a proud graduate of Berean Christian Academy! Before i attended the school, i attended some other public schools in the area. I have had experience with several different schools before i came to Berean Christian Academy, and i must say that Berean was by far the best! Berean has a high acedemic standard that trumps other schools, not just in our district, but accross America. Many times, we pulled much higher SAT scores and a much better overall grade level than our competitors. Berean is not just supirior in academics, but it is also a success because of it's staff. The teachers that are put in the classrooms have a real desire to teach. They don't believe in just teaching the material but instead, they realize that they are teaching kids that material. Teachers at our school always put the needs of the student first. There are also many opportunities for one on one time with the teachers for those who have a hard time learning or need an extra push. All of this, as well as many other attributes that the school maintains, are what make it an amazing school. I hope by this i was able to share with you information on a school that changes lives.

Posted August 08, 2013
I attended Berean Christian Academy from Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade. I can honestly say that I would not change my education for anything. The staff and faculty of the school are committed to providing a higher standard of balanced education. They focus on the academic, physical, spiritual, and emotional developement of each student. I would have to say that some of the most crucial foundational years of my life were nurtured by caring individuals who encouraged me to make the right decisions which only spurred me on to success in my current endeavors. The teachers are highly intelligent and enthusiastic individuals who teach, encourage, love, and pray for students. They are people who are concerned with making a difference in the next generation. Some of them have turned down much higher paying secular positions in the hopes of helping those coming behind them succeed. One of my favorite things about Berean Christian Academy is that it reinforces the importance of loyalty to your family, country, and God--after all, He is the one who has given us everything we have.

Posted August 07, 2013
Berean is hyper-focused on your children and their potential. They use top of the line ABeka curriculum and even add on top of that to strengthen their math skills. Your child, even if you think they struggle now, will excel by public school standards in math. Their english and grammar skills can't even be challenged. I know kids who have graduated and gotten jobs within a month of graduating, making $13-14 an hour out of the gate. The employers were so impressed with their poise and polish, but the math and english skills blew them away. If it were me, I would ignore a disgruntled parent who has a sad three sentence review, and check out the great adults that have grown up going to this school. They are a bright light in society today, thanks to the hard work, love, and consistency of Berean Christian Academy.

Posted August 07, 2013
I graduated from this school, and if it wasn't for the dedication of the staff and teachers, I would never be the person I am today. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to attend Berean Christian Academy. I am enrolling my own kids this year! Parents should prepare to be a big part of your children's education. It is the heart of this school and you being a part of it is vital. They are constantly striving to find better ways to turn out smart, well-rounded kids. The kids are all so happy and it really shows that they LOVE going to school. The teachers love and pray for these kids. They truly want the best for them, and work hard to achieve success for the kids. They recently started taking the Step Up For Students Scholarship, so it has made this school accessible to many people who have always wanted a great and safe environment in which their kids could learn and grow. Please keep in mind that this is a closed school, meaning that you have to be an active member of the parent church to enroll your kids. You will find that the church is filled with parents just like you that only want the best for their kids and want to be a big part of raising successful children.

Posted June 05, 2013
Not a good influence on chldren, poor leadership, the teaching materials don't help futher a child's education

Posted April 04, 2012
All five of my children attended this school and I wouldn't recommend it. They were behind in many subjects and definitely needed counseling to have a more balanced life. We left on good terms but would never return.If you check out the school, definitely meet with the principal and ask A LOT of questions about parent involvement.

Posted April 02, 2012
All of my children attended this school for a few years and the quality of education was far behind their grade level at the time. The teachers and principal of the school were very demanding and the requirements for the students was very legalistic. I would not recommend this school unless you are looking for a school that puts their rules higher than true education.

Posted April 02, 2012
I am very grateful that we removed our children from this school after only a few years of attendance. It has taken me two years of supplementing to catch them up in the area of mathematics. In the area of language arts they were average at best. I could have maybe overlooked the educational deficits had they at least encouraged my children's spiritual growth...sadly this was not the case. I found the staff to be arrogant & crossing the lines into parental authority.

Berean Christian Academy
4459 US Highway 17, Fleming Island, FL  32003
Last modified Berean Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Berean Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top