Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted May 26, 2015
Saint Marks in Fort Lauderdale Florida is one on the top private school in South Florida. They have terrific educational programs from early childhood through middle school. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Call for a free campus tour at (954) 563-4508.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 1

Posted April 29, 2015
I am a graduate of smes and while enrolled, I dreaded school. I wasn't a place of learning, but rather where I was a victim of bullying by the teachers and admins. they would constantly be rude to me because of my previous behavior while at saint marks. They have made myself and my friends so stressed until the point where we literally cried during the school day. I will not mention names, but one particular administrator showed 0 respect toward students because he believed that he was a "figure of authority." He would call them names and taunt them constantly. The schools enrollment has rapidly decreased over the past 2 years, so now they're trying to make it more fun for students include having more free time, a color run at school, and even repair the school campus to make it look more appealing. In addition, SMES didn't prepare me in any way for highschool. Throughout high school, I've had to teach myself information that my previous teachers failed to provide to me. For $28,000 a year, smes sure didn't put my money to use. I hope this helps

Posted October 22, 2014
Impressed with the STEM program...teaching in a way to make our kids marketable in the future.

Posted September 30, 2014
Our family has been at St. Mark's for over 6 years and have had a great experience. Our family likes being a part of a school that has a strong sense of community and helps build a strong foundation for our child. We know SMES has a fine curriculum that will prepare our child for the high school of his choice. The school is constantly improving and school spirit is at an all time high. If you are looking for an education for a well-rounded, happy child- check SMES out. You won't be disappointed.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
Check the enrollment numbers...consistently down each year for the past eight years ...this should tell you a lot! This was once a wonderful school with enrollment over 600 and that did not include the day care they are running now...Teachers do what they are told so as not to lose any more students...Check other schools before making a dreadful mistake and settling on this one!

Posted June 22, 2014
Great fun feeling on campus, lots of extra curricular and sports, but inconsistent and confusing communication from administration; some concerns about staff turnover, but overall a good well rounded education

St. Mark's Episcopal School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I have been going to Saint Marks for 9 years and I currently go there now. I loved it here until about seventh grade, but I don't blame the school. Most kids my age hate their own school and want to switch. SMES used to be a loving, learning environment that accepted people from all over. The teacher were fabulous and I never had problems with any of them, but now I dislike almost 90% of my current teachers. The only classes I have learned anything in this year are geometry and Spanish. Many of the newer teachers are incompetent and unable to handle the kids. Some of the reviews say things like we experiment with each other and drink. Well some of us do, but I think that reflects more on the supervision at home than at school. I think it truly is sad that this school isn't as good as it used to be, but it isn't bad and with the right kids and maybe some new staff it would be an excellent place to send your kid or kids for their grade school experience.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 3

Posted April 01, 2014
I am a current student at smes and I've been there since 6th grade.. at first I wasn't too excited about attending this private school but after about 6 months I had grown to like it. however I have discovered that some teachers are unfair and very bias, while others are too strict. at first, this didn't upset me because all humans make mistakes but after continually getting in trouble multiple times for things teachers told the administration (that were lies) I have decided to leave the school once and for all. saint marks truly isn't a bad school but it would definitely improve if they changed the teachers around..

Posted September 09, 2013
St. Mark's is the best place I've ever had the pleasure to work. Our students are amazing. They truly love learning and love their school. They are hard-working and kind to others. Our parents give countless hours of their time to support the school so we can provide the very best education for their children. They are involved in the education of their children and show it through their efforts. The administration support the teachers so they can do their primary job which is educating the children. No school is perfect, but St. Mark's strives to do the very best for the students. Above all,, St. Mark's is a community. Parents, teachers, and administrators work together to instill Christian values while also providing a rock-solid educational foundation. Students go on to the top high schools in Ft. Lauderdale, and then the top colleges in the country. High schools consistently tell parents, teachers, and administrators how well-rounded and prepared for high school St. Mark's students are. St. Mark's is a great place to work, and a great place to send your child.

Posted September 05, 2013
St. Mark's sure seems to ignite passion. For my child, it's a joy and love of learning. We transferred from another local preschool and it's a completely different experience at St. Mark's. She wakes up and is eager to go to school and comes home happy. For us, that's what it's about--a happy child, engaged and learning.

St. Mark's Episcopal School
1750 East Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33334
Last modified St. Mark's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Mark's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top