No rating

Pine Crest School

Private | PK-12

Living in Fort Lauderdale

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $107,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Posted September 9, 2009

The previous comment on 9/7/09 is not a fair assessment of the school. It is sign of the poor economy. It must have been written by a parent with experience only with the lower school and doesn't understand educational theory. I have 2 children at PC and 1 in public. PC serves a range of students from above average (120) IQ to super gifted (180). PC does an exceptional job of making a well-rounded student. Less stratification of ability in the LS but still moves along at high pace. It makes the super gifted better leaders and increases the IQ of above average. More stratification in MS and high school. Public does a nice job teaching basics until 3rd grade. Get your high IQ kid in PC early so he isn't a social misfit. Pinecrest is the best value of the $20K schools. (Heritage, NBPS, STA, University)

Posted March 4, 2009

I am a student there and though I like this school, sometimes i feel smothered by all the work I do and I realize that I stress a lot more lately since I've been going to that school and I am not able to do what I used to be able to do. I have friends who never have a spare moment in their time. Once, I took a test in Health to see how much time school and homework took my time up in a week and I basically had more than one day in my hours. That goes to show. There is also not much diversity there and most of the kids are really rich, which sometimes makes the kids with a scholarship feel as if they're not good enough. Other than that, the school is good. It's not my first choice, but I glad I have the opportunity.

Posted February 2, 2009

I read some of the reviews that parents have written complaining that the school isnt for everyone, the academics are strenuous and the school only cares about getting the kids into the best colleges. Hello! Isnt that why we send our children here. To give them the competative edge they cannot get in public school. I for one removed my children from the public schools where FCAT stress was far worse than the stress my children have trying to absorb everything Pinecrest has to offer. We are blessed parents to be able to send our children here.

Posted September 1, 2008

My daughter was successful at the school from the academic perspective. She also was involved in sports and fine arts and loved every minute. Her teachers cared and her coaches did also. She completed her college education with honors and is now continuing her post graduate studies. Any student who has many different interests, is bright and intends to attend university should have an opportunity to be prepared well. Pine Crest did it!

Posted June 6, 2008

Pine Crest is not for every student. But for the ones for which it fits, it is one of the better educations there is.

Posted April 3, 2008

As a student, I think this school definately teaches what it needs to teach you, but sometimes completely overwhelms in terms of workload and tests.They sometimes push too much into persuing a ivy league college. Also, they badger you to take atleast 4 ap classes by your senior year, or they will tell you they will tell you, u cant get into college. It is a dog eat dog school, therefore, if you dont like it there, they really won't care because they always have someone to fill your spot. It isn't really diverse and to me feels very sheltered from the outside world. Everyone sometimes are to nice and unrealistic. Some people, just have bad personalities, and flash there money and cars. If you go there for education, then its a excellent school, but you may have trouble fitting in with alot of the self-centered people who go.

Posted March 5, 2008

Other then all of the pressure and such. Pine Crest gives you a great future and everything is great!

Posted May 17, 2007

My children attended PC from pre-K thru 12th. Two graduated from top colleges with top honors & earned advanced degrees. All doing well. PC is an engaging motivational school for kids not focused in rebellion. A's are cool at PC, and so is civilized behavior. People here are friends for life. Substantiating high cost, PC teachers & Guidance committed to excellent results. This school is a gem, perhaps the best in Florida, & among the best in the South. Typically 50% of senior class admitted to most selective US colleges. Great school spirit, parent involvement, and beautiful + safe campus. Kids are privileged to attend this wonderful school. Has earned rave reviews.

Posted May 9, 2007

I am a graduating senior, and I have also been to both public and private schools so I'm not being biased. The teachers at Pine Crest definitely care about their students. Although I must agree that the college counseling office has one goal: to get the kids into the best colleges....but that's what they're being paid for. As far as the academics being challenging...Pine Crest offers the most number of Advance Placement courses in the area. Furthermore, you take away a lot more from Pine Crest than just academics. The biggest benefit of Pine Crest is the time management. Many of my friends at top Universities constantly say that they do not struggle as much as their peers.

Posted May 5, 2007

The teachers are barely better than public school ones. Way too much stress. This is dog eat dog at its worst. While it is good for students to strive to be the best that they can be, Pine Crest encourages students to be good students not for any intrinsic altruistic reason, but instead so they can go to a name school.

Posted May 2, 2006

both my children suffered here. the faculty don't care frankly don't care about the students beyond trying to get them into an ivy, it's too much pushing and the school is definitely overhyped. The academics were not challenging for my kids.

Posted February 3, 2006

It is an exceptionally good academic school, I certainly think the best in Broward County. On the down side though, it tends to try and cram square pegs into round holes. They care about the kids, but if they are not 'Pine Crest material' they are too quick to push them out. Not teaching to the individual student enough.

Posted December 7, 2005

I am actually not a parent but a current undergraduate college student. My two older brothers and I all attended Pine Crest's Fort Lauderdale campus from Pre-K through 12th grade and I feel that the education we received at Pine Crest both in and out of the classroom is the reason that the three of us are so successful now.

Posted November 23, 2005

Excellent School, the academic programs seem challenging to the kids, the extracurricular activities are awesome, mainly talking of sports, art and music.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted October 8, 2005

It was a great school. I am now top of my class at Harvard.

Posted August 5, 2005

The academic quality was very high. There were many avaible music, art, and sports opportunities available for the students to be involved in. Parent involvement was also very high. It is a great school where the children are challenged academically.

Posted June 14, 2005

Incredible school, programs, teachers, and education!

Posted April 19, 2005

this is truely a great school

Posted March 11, 2005

Excellent academics, arts, and athletics. New facilities and great faculty.

Posted January 24, 2005

Unparalleled experience. Top notch college counseling.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab