Public charter
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Students enrolled: 1,716

Posted July 23, 2014
This school system is amazing. I've grown up in this system and I'm so glad my parents kept me here. I'm going in to 10th grade and I'm excited to deal with the newest program at the school, the Cambridge Program. The acceptance of this program is just another example of how our school system is always working to improve our education and chances of success. I'm proud to be a Charter kid.

Posted April 21, 2014
This school stands out above the rest because of the leadership that the administration sets forth. This admin. gives the student a career path like no other. It is very easy to succeed,, because ever goal that they set for the student has a direct plan. The success of any plan is its backup plan NO BACKUP PLAN ON PLAN,NO GOALS! The principals leadership, a strong faculty following is reassuring the student a large smile at the finish line which is there prom. Not many schools have all the finer things in a faculty, packed solid classroom of higher learning to offer the student body solid, determination, the secure feeling of knowing that there dreams are coming true because the faculty keeps them energized and focus on there ability, and there will to succeed. Sincerely, John L. Roberts

Posted March 23, 2014
THIS IS AN AMAZING HIGH SCHOOL! Of course the administration enforces rules like any other high school, but they expect the students to have a mature mindset and to stay out of trouble. The school has a very comfortable and diverse environment, which is perfect for a high school student. The teachers are very well trained and represent the school in a productive way. Also, this is school as some of the most advanced technology available, in my opinion. Overall, this is a really good high school and any parent that would like to see their child succeed, please consider PPCHS.

City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School 2

Posted March 13, 2013
Safe School. Generally good teachers. Great Principal. This school seems to hold the "golden" standard and they claim to be a "college prep school". I can tell you that this is not the case. They took out alot of interesting and great electives that kept students motivated and intrigued and replaced them with FCAT prep courses so that students could score higher on the FCAT to graduate high school. During my experience here, the school offered a SAT prep class senior year for one semester and it was only available on a first come first serve basis. Therefore many students were saddened that they were not able to take this class and had to look else where and paid for outside courses and classes with help for the SAT. It seems that this school is more focused on training students for their FCAT tests and getting them to graduate high school then focusing and preparing their students for college for much more important tests such as SAT and ACT. Please consider taking your child to another school in the area that has more college preparatory classes and programs to choose from. This school is definitely overrated. Your child will definitely get more out of another school.

Posted June 14, 2010
I worked as a permanent sub for the City of Pembroke Pines Charter Schools and loved it - from 2003 - 2004 - almost a year and a half - I got to teach in all of the middle schools and in the highschool and just really enjoyed teaching for them. I taught in every subject area as a sub with emergency lessons from the class teachers - and threre were several rather long stints where I ended up being assigned in my own areas (English/Social Studies/Reading) I have applied several times to work full time (but not since 2007 - I am full time and a Dept. Head - in another school) but always ended up on a waiting list for positions. This is a good school system. They are fair with their employees - and this is the one charter in South Florida I would be happy to workagain.

City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School 4

Posted June 12, 2010
I love this school. But like any other it is not PERFECT! They are not great at dealing with making accommodations. I spent a lot of time this year trying to reason with them about my daughter who was sick. Most of her teachers were great, but 2 of her teachers just did not get it! The Principal is AWESOME and will take the time to listen to students or parents! There are very few fights which are very common in high schools here, and the supervision at school is above average. The homework load can be a little insane, but I guess that is why the students are so much further ahead of others in the area! It is a college prep school and these kids are going to feel like college is a vacation compared to this H.S. All in all, I love the school!

City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School

Posted August 01, 2008
I graduated from PPCHS and had attended there for 10 years. My younger brother attended for 14. PPCHS was a great school. All of my teachers were generally more than delighted to help me whenever possible. The principal, Peter Bayer, is an excellent principal and a great role model. PPCHS is the total package.

City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
there is not enough time to walk to classes, have never had such a bad math teqacher in all my years of schooling. Uniforms aren't as strict as they could be. This school needs more extracurricular activites and motivation because students are not as driven as they could be. Though the food is better than what the county provides it is too overpriced. More electives are needed and block schedule would work better into student's schedule.

Posted August 29, 2007
I have two children in this Charter School and I am very happy that they got in this school, they care about the children education, the teachers are good prepare and helpfull to the kids and the parents also, it is a great comunication between the school and the parents. Definitibly a wonderful school

Posted May 29, 2007
i am a parent of 2 children one who graduated the high school last yr and there for 3 yrs and i am very pleased with all aspects my daughter now going to 11th and there since the 6th grade...academically they came from catholic school and i believe the level of education surpasses the cathlic school minus the parental cost and very college oriented.parents are required to participate as they have to do 30 volunteer hrs per yr. is is a definite great school of choice and the city is wonderful in supporting them...

City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School
17189 Sheridan Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33331
Last modified City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City/Pembroke Pines Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top