No rating

Calvary Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 1284 students

Living in Fort Lauderdale

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $69,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

Posted July 10, 2011

Pros: Facilities and afterschool activities are great. Cons: Bullying, Hypocrisy and politics - until you have the chance to see it, you may not want to believe that this is true at this Christian school. Expect sin, and don't expect them to admit it. This school is not backing its student population based on Biblical standards. There are a handful of people using their own lives to and experiences to judge you and your children. Decide if you need to pay for that kind of attention and "support"

Posted June 22, 2011

I have two kids who have gone to CCA since kindergarden. I've read most of the reviews here, and there is some true, and some not. 1. Its a bible based school, if you are not reading the bible at home, you won't get the commitment here to Gods word. 2. Rich and not so rich, bullies....this is society today its everywhere including the work place. 3. CCA is a very disciplined school, they don't like you showing up late, neither will your childs future employer, so its good to get them use to being on time. 4. Am I happy all the time at CCA, no. I would like to see CCA do a better job in getting more skilled & certified teachers. I would also like them to think about the greater good of the many and lower the tuition so that the school would be open to more middle class income families which it is not. Otherwise, until something better comes along my kids will most likely graduate from CCA. God willing!

Posted May 21, 2011

spiritual preparation is awesome, small groups, chapels, and mission trips. Facilities are gorgeous, won't believe it till you see it. my kids have great peers and my graduate is doing excellent in college. the school is only ten years old but growing by leaps and bounds. exciting things are happening, get on board, your family will love it as much as mine!!

Posted April 28, 2011

Unfortunately there is a lack of christian values in this school. The richest and pastors kids are fine in this school, everyone else is just a source of revenues for them. They are not educators. If you are not rich and not a republican please do yourself and your kids a favor: Do not send them in this school. They made my kids feel incompetent and insecure it took a lot of work and love to instill their confidence back. I read all these comments and they are not true. So much hipocrisy . They never take responsability for mistakes and if you point them out, they will tell you to look at yourself not at others and pray about it. There some rules for you and no rules for them. What a disappointment. What is pastor Bob Coy doing , does he know that kids with autism have been invited to leave the school because they want only the best and the brightest? I hope this review will be publishe as i wrote others and I never seen them published.

Posted February 28, 2011

My daughter was a student at this school she in in PreK. The teachers are amazing and they are extraordinary with the kids and parents. There is a lot of structure..so if you can't be there on time this school is not for you , even if its 2 minutes. My daughter loved it and so did I. You must really be involved its like an extended family. The negatives are that if you are not a militant Christian you are in for trouble...they are not there to hold your hand you have to be responsible and if you can't pay for the school for any reason they still charge you even if the child will no longer attend and you can't afford it. ..so if you happen to get laid off..expect a bill for the full year. Everyone that is really involved with the church like 7 days a week has their child here and I can see why , it is a great place but I also believe they are treated different. I love the school if you are for sure you will always be able to afford it I recommend it, if you are not making a significant amount of money don't...they will tell you " you knew what you were getting into".

Posted February 23, 2011

Our three kids have been in the school since elementary school. Two are now in middle school and one is in high school. The politics at the school are out of control. The kids of the parents that give the most money get preferrential treatment. This is a large school. There are many pastors, administrators and teachers with children in the school. Their kids receive much favoritism in the sports programs. The kids that show up on time to practice, put forth the most effort and demonstrate the best ability should make the teams and receive the most playing time. This is far from the truth here. We are removing our kids after this school year. We don't feel comfortable giving any more money to this school. They preach one thing and then don't follow through with their actions. Ultimately God will be the judge. I can only pray for them.

Posted January 27, 2011

My wife and I heard very mixed reviews before enrolling our children in Calvary Christian Academy. We decided to give the school the benefit of the doubt. None the less, we are very disappointed. Many of the school pastors, administrators and teachers are very pompous and rightous. They think they are an extension of God and judge others very harshly. I'm not a pastor or an expert on the word of God. Although, doesn't God say 'Judge youself before you judge others?" I hope they will "see the light" and change their ways.

Posted December 1, 2010

My son has attended here since second grade. The school is a full on family blessing. The coaches,teachers,principals and staff are true mentors. When entering the campus, a true peace is felt every time. The facility is safe,loving and real in its misson to make men and women of Jesus.

Posted April 24, 2010

An absolutely INCREDIBLE experience to attend there. Very welcoming and friendly atmosphere from the classrooms to peers and teachers. State of the art technology, fabulous teachers that truly work with us kids, an exceptional campus that you want to practically live on! I have been given nothing but the best at CCA. The Christ/fath-based everything is just the cherry on top!!! There is not an unkind word to say about this wonderful place. From chapel to small groups and even test-taking, we pray before everything, and everything is just GREAT! I love this school. Its the best place in the world. I cannot imagine anyone that would not have an amazing educational and social experience here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 5, 2009

my child has been attending for 10 years and loves every minute of it. and it's a great social scene for teens

Posted July 8, 2009

This school is a huge blessing academically and spiritually. The teachers and staff are wonderful and we look forward to seeing our 2 girls through from preK to 12.

Posted June 29, 2009

cca is the best school ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you would be crazy to not want to come here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me, i havent complained once about it and ive been here for 7 years!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 22, 2009

its a great school. My child has been attending for awhile now. He is doing great and a lot of loving people. The teachers are great. They have great academics.

Posted August 7, 2008

My Children have been going to this school since kindergarten, one in 3rd and one in 7th. They love Calvary so much. They dont want to go to any other school. The teaching about our Savior is the best. My children love the Lord and learning about about him.

Posted April 29, 2008

My son just started attending CCA this school year. Our experience has been outstanding. Our Pre-K teacher is without a doubt the type of teacher that any parent would want for their child. We feel very blessed with this school and our son' s teacher.

Posted April 26, 2007

Calvary, Where do you start? Top notch academics, Teachers whom truly love your child, children that are growing in GODS word. A growing and prosperous athletic program. With out a doubt the place to have your child become a Godly man or women. Bye the way they want the parents to be involved, what a novelty. This school is well worth the wait and red tape to get in.

Posted April 25, 2007

I have a son in the Varying Exceptionalities program and I have found the staff, both administration and teachers (and teacher's aide) to be excellent. They have been very understanding of his disabilities (deaf and autistic)and the problems that arise and have provided not only a loving and godly atmosphere but also an environment where he loves to learn. I must say that on the whole, the student body has also been very supportive. Students have even come up to say 'hi' to him in a department store. To know that he is not only loved by those who are in authority but by his peers is a wonderful feeling.

Posted March 20, 2007

L-O-V-E this school! A LOT of red tape in the beginning, but definitely worth the effort. Loving and competent teachers, excellent academic curriculum, great extra-curricular activities, all the electives you could want, parental involvement encouraged. And most importantly, solid, consistent biblical education involving the whole child. Oh, and did I mention the very reasonable tuition? A true blessing.

Posted September 29, 2006

Excellent academics, excellent music, sports, and Spanish. Beware though, if you don't live your life 'according to CCA', if you have an opinion that can't be quoted from The Bible, you will be shunned, not by all, by definitely by most.

Posted July 20, 2006

Both my children have gone to CCA since pre school. All kids are encouraged to do their personal best as well as be love, kind, diligent and knowlegeable about Jesus. The teachers are highly skilled, personable and very organized. CCA loves to have parents involvement. The principals is kind and knows each child by name. There are 3 principals and all of them are great example of a leaders! My children are at least one year ahead of their public school friends. CCA encouragement them to be the best which helps build thier confidence for their future careers.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Coed
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (954) 556-4480

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious