K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Liberty Baptist Academy is now in it's 15th year, and we would like to thank the parents who sacrifice to keep your children in our school. We want you to know that we love and pray for your students. Also, the patience shown with the road construction on Midway Road is appreciated. The construction on our section of Midway is nearing an end and, when completed, will be a great improvement. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call the academy office at 772-461-2731.
August 26, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 26, 2016

I love Liberty Baptist Academy. I have a child in elementary and high school. Both of my children have been at Liberty Baptist Academy for over four years and the traditional education is the best. I appreciate the rules, disipline, friendly staff and exceptional teachers. I wouldn't put my kids in any other school.

My son was enrolled in January 2015. He has ADHD, but a bit more than the average Joe. The school was notified of his diagnosis and assured us it was fine, that the teachers knew how to accomidate for it. This was definitely not the case. Today is February 1st, 2015 and my son was kicked out today. Reasons? Unable to do work and pay attention/sit still in class. Sound like a child with ADHD? Sure does to me. I asked the Assistant Administrator about steps taken to mitigate it and help the issue, she just spouted a standard line of "We treat all of our students the same". When a child has a condition that makes him almost incapable of sitting still of focusing, does that warrant standard treatment? I'm pretty sure that's why i wanted him in private school in the first place. I asked if the educators have any training on how to educate children with ADD/ADHD. "She has had many students with ADHD in the past" was the answer. So, that's a no. Then she went on to inform me that she has 20+ kids in the class and cannot give my son the attention that he needs. That's probably something I should have looked at more when enrolling him, but the assurance from them that the situation was not a problem made my wife and I feel at ease. I am active Army and have been for 15 years now. I understand policy and procedure more than most. But think about the child. What does he think about all this? Thank you for NOT going above and beyond to educate these young children Liberty. Thank you for NOT embodying the true spirit of being a teacher, a title that garners the utmost respect in my eyes. Thank you for establishing a mold in which all children must fit in order to receive an education. Most importantly, thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that public schools offer a better opportunity and environment for learning than the private sector. Indiantown schools got through to kids much more troubling and with more issues when i was growing up, and that's saying something. I hope parents with children suffering from ADHD (a disorder that has many different levels and types btw) read this review and ask for a 504 plan upon enrollment. I did not, and that's probably the only reason legal action was not taken yet. Good luck

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have three nieces who attend this school and have since they were in K4. They are all now in high school. I can not say enough about the quality of education they have received to date. Being familiar with the public school system in St. Lucie County, I am thankful every day for Liberty Baptist Academy, its administration and staff. All three of these girls will be ready for college in a few years, and I will always be grateful for LBA and how it has benefited them.

My daughter has been attending school at LBA for 8 years. Even though we live over 30 miles away, I consider it well worth the drive to keep her at Liberty. The principals show a real love for the Lord and for the students. I love the Christian based A Beka curriculum. I know that Liberty will always teach using traditional methods rather than using Common Core or other experimental teaching methods. Thank you Liberty for all you have provided my daughter.

Use of abecka curriculum. No critical thinking or application. Just memorize facts then, regurgitate for test. No Spanish in elementary school, no physical Ed until 7th grade. Lacks modern technology. No parent involvement. If parent gives opinion or is upset about something administration will tell you to withdraw child from school. They think it's the most superior school in town. It's far from that.

I am actually a student of this school ever since pk. It has changed much since 2006. I am now in 7th grade. I ,being a teenager, of course, I think some rules are stupid, but most parents know they're good rules. It is a very good Christian foundation. All of my family goes there in all different grades. It teaches good, its policy is firm, it's a great Christian school, the rules are thoroughly pushed, and there's plenty of sports and activities for all ages. Great school!

I am the grandmother of two students who have been at Liberty Baptist Academy since they started school there in 4-year-old kindergarten. One is now in middle school, and the other is in 3rd grade. I am so thrilled and thankful for the excellent Christian education they are receiving and for the care the teachers, coaches, and administrators show to them. I have other grandchildren on the west coast of Florida and also out of state, and their schools' tuitions are two to three times the cost of LBA's; yet LBA's education and opportunities for sports/music/fine arts, etc., are equal to or better than the higher-priced schools. Liberty Baptist Academy is an exceptionally good school!

this school has really gotten bad, the kids are nothing but bullies and so are most of the teachers i took my child out after the principal was also bulling my child

My daughter started school here this year in K4. Within just a few weeks, we were listening to the verses she had memorized, patriotic songs such as the "Star Spangled Banner", and all the letters from phonics she knew. I cannot think of a better place to have my child attend. The opportunities for her here are endless, and I look forward to having her in this school for years to come!

Last modified Liberty Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12