821 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have not had issues with this school for my regular education student, but for my ESE child, I would not recommend this school. The teachers are wonderful, unfortunately administration ruins it. Mrs. Lawson feels she can do whatever she pleases with your child switch classrooms, change teachers and the parents do not need to know. My child is Language Impaired and can not tell me what is occurring at school, I fully depend on teachers and administration to tell me what is going on with my child. My child's behavior increased during this time due to the distress of her routine completely being disrupted and being put in a class that was not appropriate for her, I repeatedly discussed my concerns with the teacher and never once in the 5 weeks this occurred was I told, when they knew the whole time why my daughter was behaving the way she was, I later learned the assistant principal Adele Reed told the teacher not to tell me, I did not need to know because my daughters services were not changing. I filed a complaint with the county, but of course nothing is going to happen when the principal donates and attends the superintendents campaign events. ESE parents stay far away from this school at least until they get a principal that cares about their ESE students as much as regular education.

I have never been so disappointed. Bullying is prevalent, by both students and teachers, and the administration will bend over backward to avoid responsibility or protect a child in trouble. It's terrible. The campus is outdated, dirty, and in dire need of expansion. If you enjoy your children being in a portable during a tornado warning, then this school may be for you.

Great school! Phenomenal teachers! Super friendly front office staff. Mr. Ritchey is the best up front!! The principle is fantastic. It's old, but kept in good shape. The cafeteria smells a bit funky.

My children have attended LAE for several years. When they started school, I was blown away at how well the school was run-we were always informed of what was going on far in advance, fundraisers were organized and purposeful, and everyone (students, teachers, administration) seemed like a family. Beginning approximately two years ago, LAE has become chaotic and unorganized. No one can answer questions I have pertaining to events at the school. The new principal seems to be entirely too busy with other things and doesn't seem interested in running this once incredible school the way that it has been ran in the past. There is an air of unprofessionalism that radiates from every corner of the main office now. It is quite disappointing to say the least.Don't get me wrong, the teachers are incredibly friendly and helpful. But even they seem lost and uninformed in this new era. I will be thankful when my children leave LAE this year and move over to the Jr High.

I enrolled our son into 4th grade as a new resident this school year. Although we ran into many complications from county we relocated from, we were grateful that Principal Cory was both compassionate towards us and very proactive about getting the enrollment process taken care of. Front office staff for registration was not very nice but then again it was a busy time. However, the principal and administration were very efficient and concerned. Our son loves it there and every time I pick him up the student look happy and content. Safety is top notch there and we have only have great things to say about his teacher. All in all - an excellent school.

both of my children have attended LAE. My son was there through 6 grade and my daughter through 5th. The teachers are caring and well prepared to teach your child. Two thumbs up for the teachers and staff at LAE. I subbed there for 5 years, and I loved it. there is a new principal this year and she is great.

We love the school. Although the area is growing and the school is full the county is adding portables and teachers in order to maintain small class sizes. We chose to transition out of private school into this public school. As a mom and a local Realtor, I recommend this school above others.

LAE provides the quality education every child in America deserves! The only complaint I can possibly think of is the music and art departments are not the best in the nation, but then again, at least they have an art and music department! Parents are welcomed and as involved as they want to be. The opportunity to achieve academic success is found at this school in a pleasant learning environment.

Last modified Lake Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.