821 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Lake Asbury Elementary School 2

Posted April 06, 2015
I have never been so disappointed. Bullying is prevalent, by both students and teachers, and the administration will bend over backward to avoid responsibility or protect a child in trouble. It's terrible. The campus is outdated, dirty, and in dire need of expansion. If you enjoy your children being in a portable during a tornado warning, then this school may be for you.

Posted August 08, 2014
Great school! Phenomenal teachers! Super friendly front office staff. Mr. Ritchey is the best up front!! The principle is fantastic. It's old, but kept in good shape. The cafeteria smells a bit funky.

Lake Asbury Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
My children have attended LAE for several years. When they started school, I was blown away at how well the school was run-we were always informed of what was going on far in advance, fundraisers were organized and purposeful, and everyone (students, teachers, administration) seemed like a family. Beginning approximately two years ago, LAE has become chaotic and unorganized. No one can answer questions I have pertaining to events at the school. The new principal seems to be entirely too busy with other things and doesn't seem interested in running this once incredible school the way that it has been ran in the past. There is an air of unprofessionalism that radiates from every corner of the main office now. It is quite disappointing to say the least.Don't get me wrong, the teachers are incredibly friendly and helpful. But even they seem lost and uninformed in this new era. I will be thankful when my children leave LAE this year and move over to the Jr High.

Posted December 26, 2011
I enrolled our son into 4th grade as a new resident this school year. Although we ran into many complications from county we relocated from, we were grateful that Principal Cory was both compassionate towards us and very proactive about getting the enrollment process taken care of. Front office staff for registration was not very nice but then again it was a busy time. However, the principal and administration were very efficient and concerned. Our son loves it there and every time I pick him up the student look happy and content. Safety is top notch there and we have only have great things to say about his teacher. All in all - an excellent school.

Posted June 04, 2008
both of my children have attended LAE. My son was there through 6 grade and my daughter through 5th. The teachers are caring and well prepared to teach your child. Two thumbs up for the teachers and staff at LAE. I subbed there for 5 years, and I loved it. there is a new principal this year and she is great.

Posted September 04, 2007
We love the school. Although the area is growing and the school is full the county is adding portables and teachers in order to maintain small class sizes. We chose to transition out of private school into this public school. As a mom and a local Realtor, I recommend this school above others.

Lake Asbury Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2006
LAE provides the quality education every child in America deserves! The only complaint I can possibly think of is the music and art departments are not the best in the nation, but then again, at least they have an art and music department! Parents are welcomed and as involved as they want to be. The opportunity to achieve academic success is found at this school in a pleasant learning environment.

Posted February 01, 2006
Lake asbury is a fantastic school with excellent teacher involvment. I highly receomend this school to anyone who wants a first class education for their children A++++ in my book. My son love it there.

Posted August 19, 2005
Lake Asbury Elementary has been a positive environment for our child. He has found teachers he enjoys and classwork appropriate for his ability levels. Obviously they change what is required in accordance to child needs. They are very open and friendly. It is a very parent friendly environment.

Lake Asbury Elementary School
2901 Sandridge Road, Green Cove Springs, FL  32043
Last modified Lake Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Asbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top