671 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have lived blocks away from the school for almost 20 years. When my daughter finished her 5th grade at Spanish Lake Elementary, her next step was LCMS. While the school was already under a new principal, Mr. N. Izquierdo, I could not envision myself sending my little one there due to the mental pictures I had taken when I drove past it years ago. So, I made what I now consider "the biggest" academic mistake I have made with her. I enrolled her in the nearest charter school. "Such a prestigious school', there's a waiting list, and getting in is so hard, and it's not LCMS.' I thought. Now 2 years later, now my little one is entering 8th grade...I came knocking at the door at LCMS...because when my daughter asked to take on extra math classes at the charter school, this request was quickly denied, even though she had an A final grade and scored a 4 on the FSA. What school who truly cares about their students, turns away a student who is asking for more work? Maybe they are too worried about their own standing and pick and choose who they advance? Or maybe it's who you know? At the charter school, her schedule for 8th grade was not challenging. My child, much like yours, will be applying to get into their dream school soon. In my opinion, colleges like to see applicants who chose the challenging classes - not algebra 1 and physical science in 8th grade! I withdrew her, an A student, and the office staff did not even ask why. They don't care, they have a list of names waiting to take her space. Now at Lawton Chiles Middle School, my daughter is enrolled in 4 Cambridge courses, she's being challenged, her circle of friends are in higher classes, through no fault of hers, and I could not be more excited for her future. She even made a friend who is taking Pre Calculus! I wish she was taking Geometry and Biology, but I have the charter school to thank for that. I wrote this review to let parents in the area know that there is a wonderful middle school in our community. I encourage you to give it a chance. At LCMS, the principal not only wants the students to learn how to solve a problem, but what to do with the solution, how to put it to use. It seems to me that LCMS is not afraid to give their students the chance to soar.

Develops character: Disagree

No I do not agree. I saw with my own two eyes how they are constantly one their phones playing and the teachers do not say anything to them. It's like the kids run the school.

This school is a joke. A lot of bullying even though the principal says they have a no bullying motto. My child was constantly picked on. Kids are constantly playing on their phones. I think what took the cake was when I got off the car one day to pick up my child and saw the assistant principle clearly flirting with one of the male students. I was in shock and disgusted and automatically removed my child from the school. I have seen way better schools than this. Don't be fooled.

My son began attending this school in the 7th grade. Prior to going here he was a honor roll student and did very well in school. Since attending this school i'm proud to say that his is still on top with grades he recoeved an award at the end of the 7th grade year for maintaining Honor Roll for the entire year, now in the 8th grade he's still maintaining honor roll, he's also a member of the National Junior honor society and a peer tutor!!! This school is great he's had no problems with other students, he loves being apart of the CAMBRIGE MAGNET PROGRAM and honor and advanced classes. I drive a total of 40 miles to and from his school every day so that he can have a shot at a good education and thus far this school has helped him to continue to excel. I couldn't be more proud!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach the kids pride and to feel good about themselves. And how to treat others with respect.

Develops character: Strongly agree

love all my teachers. all are super nice. but all school lunch needs to change. NO MORE SOY BEAN MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This school is my favorite!! Everyday all the teachers ask how has your day? always nice

Students have no time to use restrooms between classes and them are ridiculed for using them in class. My daughter has to carry all her books in a book bag and has to change buildings and floors throughout the day. To top it off the no bully policy should be applied to the teachers too. My daughter is yelled at every time she is out sick, which is not excessive by her teacher. Then she tells her that mother should not take her out of class for every little thing, like her neighbor. When does a teacher have a right to encroach on a parents decision to keep a child home when she has a fever and requires breathing treatments. Not to mention this teacher likes to use the D word when the bell rings. My children have never had any problems with teachers before.

I have to say this is a great school. My 12 year daughter loves the school, the teachers are amazing. The school doesn't have so many students, so the kids have more personal help when they need it. The Cambridge program is fantastic because it motivates students to keep learning.

A mi hijo le gusta mucho LCMS, yo estoy muy orgullosa que el este en este programa, los maestros son muy buenos, y quisiera animar a todos los padres y tutores de nuestros muchachos para que nuestra escuela siga subiendo su calificacion porque se la merece. Dios bendiga a todo el personal educativo y al administrativo. :)

Last modified Lawton Chiles Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.