1,363 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My daughter is studying here, and whenever I visit the school their staff is attentive, this school has many activities, sport teams, etc. When you walk by the hallways there is a good and friendly ambience. They keep me informed of the important events coming up. My daughter says she is very happy with Mater Academy Middle.

Warning: Do not send your kids to this school. The administration is comprised of bullies who would rather scream at and insult concerned parents instead of answering their questions and addressing their concerns. What's more, my son went from being a top student at his elementary school to being completely unmotivated and apathetic in regards to education and school. If you are thinking of sending your child here and would like to hear how they treat a parent with legitimate concerns I would be more than happy to provide you with a recording of experience with the principle of the school and it's administrators.

Yes, at matter academy you have to pay for sports and activities, but they have good programs , the best books for reviews and a lot of caring teachers . The principal is a Latina yes, and she does and excellent work, FCAT scores talk, this is an A middle and high school in Hialeah ... Not too many around a poor place like Hialeah with the majority of kids coming from Hispanic fAmilies and been ESOl because of their lack of English knowledge ! I love mater academy and I am proud parent of this school not a teacher, this year my son has very good teachers , and I couldn't be more happy

This is a Charter School owned and operated by Academica which is a for profit company owned by a latino family. The worst option in the area. The only people that give positive reviews to this school are employees of the school. They do not have textbook for students, the sports they have are not free, the after school activities are not free, the worst school in the area hands down, they have posters with rankings given by john does from non credible magazines saying they are the best of the best, obviously a ranking that is fictitious. Any public school in the area is ten times better than this for profit school called Mater Academy.

I love this school because it teaches children how to behave and maintain well dress and teach them also to learn how to follow rules. My daughter was in this school and now my son started middle school and I can't be any happier for him to continue his education on this school

I love this school. My son plays sports, is involved in performing arts as well, and still maintains great grades.

I love this school. My daughter has been in this school since Kindergarten and she is now in 7th grade. We were given an opportunity to transfer to another charter school closer to home (Miramar) and it turned out to be a huge mistake. My daugher attended only one day at the Broward charter school. I asked the Principal and Vice-Principal of Mater to allow my daughter to return and they received us with open arms. Thank you! I am eternally grateful.

Great school! Love strict environment with no tolerance for kids who do not want to follow rules.

I have two daughter's that attend Mater Academy and I have always been extremely happy with the school.

I am in 11th grade in this school. It's a very good school. There aren't many fights, considering that it's a Middle and High School. Everyone is very nice and helpful. I love the school and i recommend it. (:

Last modified Mater Academy Charter Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.