580 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son has been in this school since Kindergarten (it's been four years) and I'm looking to take him out. I gave them so many chances, but I'm done! They are very unorganized, teachers are overwhelm with the amount of kids in a class. Last year, the class size was 25 and they still let in two new kids (during the last semester of the school year) and I thought you get selected by a lottery system. They run like a factory! Every year there is an issue with the teachers, either they don't post the grades on time, don't have a solid test schedule, they over do it with homework and don't help your child succeed if they're struggling with school! Aftercare is a joke, last year during testing, I guess they had no room for the aftercare kids and my son was doing homework outside (in this hot Florida weather). This year he lasted two weeks in aftercare before I pulled him out. I talk to the parents and most parents who have their kids in this school are struggling with the school (unless the kid is gifted and enjoys studying). I just ask that if you're considering this school, read the reviews, talk to the parents you may know and do your research. I'm really struggling with how they run things and it's affecting my son and his grades.

I was hesitant to register my child at MGA based on a few reviews and first impression of the front office. THANK GOODNESS I ATTENDED THE OPEN HOUSE MEETING!!! This school has extremely detailed teachers, great security and aftercare procedures (Mr. Leandro), and most of all an AMAZING Assistant Principal (Mrs. Pilar Rives). I've met the Principal and see her in the morning as she does her walk through of the school. The registration process with Ms. Jen was a bit nerve testing; however, it was definitely worth getting past that hurdle. This school is truly a hidden gem!

No coments, extremely bad school. No good teacher, and not good principal.the worse experience in a school ..

Very good school! Caring teachers, caring families, good kids. My son started in Kinder and is now in 1st grade. His teachers have been excellent and he has learned so much. Love that it is a K-8 and that they have a high school.

I really like the NEW assistant principle Mrs.Rives, she has alway been amazing. My daughter has been in this school since kindergarten and this up coming year she will be in 3rd grade and so far all the teaches have been great. Mrs. Martinez (kinder teacher which is no longer there cause she had a baby) Ms. Fernandez(first grade) amazing teacher my daughter learned a lot. Mrs. Bustillo (2nd grade) amazing teacher and very loving.

My my children are attending this school since the school started.The teachers are excellent, they are very preoccupied and they are very easy to contact.Some of them give their personal phone in order to keep the contact with the parents. Even when they had finished the course they keep the relation with the parent and the child as well. The Cafeteria staff all of them are lovely ,they take care if the child doesn't have lunch.The security guy in the school is always couching the children to be inside the school.So far, I have always the access to contact with the Principal and the assistant Principal.They are very familiar.My children have been contacting them with stories through the email and the emails have been answered. They don't have to, but they take the time to do it. Also they care about them and as soon as I have any question it have been answered very professional.If by any chance I asked in person anything for sure I had received the answer at least by the phone. The Front desk young ladies are very helpful. They guided you all the time if you any question in the last minute.Also the janitors take the time to collect the things that they left in the classroom.

This school is absolutely HORRIBLE. The teachers are okay but sometimes they pick on your child. My child says the school lunch is disgusting and unappetizing. One time he came back from school saying that he found a piece of hair in his spaghetti. The main lunch lady has no respect for anybody. The aftercare program is so much money for no reason. This school only wants money. My child came back with horrible books from school library and the books are in bad condition. The school administration expects you to trust students from the school with your money. The office is so unorganized. The point is this school is REALLY BAD!

The Principal it's always late and her kids never get a late pass to class, never answer a questions or e-mails. the office is disorganized. the kids from the teachers they can wear what ever they want any type of shoes,they can have bookbags with wheels, they can skip the lines in the cafeteria and nobody said anything. the principal change the teachers every year so her kids can have the best teacher every year. the cafeteria is not safe parents that dropp of f their kids in the morning in the cafeteria they dont know that they can go out of the cafeteria and nobody said anything the before care staff they always talking and they dont pay attention to the kids.The Mater Gardens Academy needs a new principal that we as parents can comunicate and let her know our worries.

This school used to be excellent. Now it has become a BUSINESS. The class rooms are over crowded. The Office is extremely disorganized. Looking to change schools. Very disappointed. Needs a new principal. The after care program is over rated. Charging an arm and a leg!

Good school only for the teachers. The Principal it's always late and never answer a questions or e-mails. She only cares about money!! Disorganized office . The Mater Gardens Academy needs a new principal to be a great school!!!!

Last modified Mater Gardens Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.