Driftwood Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 568 students

Posted May 12, 2014

I Love this school it might not look like everything. But I really enjoy the atmosphere and knowing that my child is safe. Maybe the parent should try to be more involved and not expect so much and they will be alright... again, I love this school

Posted May 6, 2014

This school is a terrible choice. PARENTS BEWARE!!! Terrible Communication, Terrible attitude!!! I transferred my son here from Palm Cove Elementary (which I highly regret) and didn't even know until report cards came that they did not attempt to get records from my sons previous school! They said they had called to no avail. SINCE WHEN DOES A SCHOOL GIVE UP? I had to intervene and got the records the very next day! The office staff is terribly rude, extremely unorganized and they lack in communication with parents! I have met the vice principal on several occasions and every time I see her she says "Nice to finally meet you". I have called to have tardies resolved (because they counted my kindergarten child tardy even when on school grounds if he is not seated) and the response was "I am the only one here, I'll have to call you back." I wouldn't send my kid back to this school if they paid me!!! BEWARE !

Posted August 22, 2013

Glad i made the choice of my son currently attending this school. Driftwood has made transitioning to the state of florida great. Thank you

Posted August 17, 2013

I was a former student at Driftwood Elementary. I attended the school from kindergarden to 5th grade. It is an AMAZING school! I believe every child should have the learning experience of the teachers at Driftwood Elementary! My teachers were mrs.Q ( k ) mrs. jones ( 1st ) mrs. alhouse ( 2nd ) mrs.walker ( 3rd ) mrs. guffey ( 4th ). I absolutely loved my teachers! my fith grade year was a little ruff but still very memorable!!! the school staff was very attentive! never any fits and did every thing to prevent bullying! the principal and vis principal were both AMAZING!! they did their best to become familiar with EVERY student! I truly enjoyed my 6 years as a student at Driftwood Elementary!

Posted November 29, 2012

I give this school a very high rating score. Not only is this a great school, but the teacher are also great. My daughter is a third grader there and we couldn't ask for a better teacher. Ms.Walker has been a Blessing to my daughter and to our family. Thank you Ms.Walker for being such a great teacher and a wonderful person overall.

Posted June 21, 2011

Driftwood has a wonderful staff of teachers, and support staff. I have been so impressed by this gem of a school. My oldest child attends private school, and I can say that her school should take lessons from the staff at Driftwood. I feel that everyone at the school cares and that speaks volumes! In a time of budget cuts, the school has kept the music program which rocks!! Kudos to Driftwood!!! Tina Carr

Posted November 2, 2010

Everyone is wonderful but the teachers are excellent!

Posted September 16, 2009

I went to this school and my siblings all did as well. This school actually cares about it's students and I've never seen more involved parents. The teachers are for the most part loved by the students and there's something for everyone to get involved in. I think this school builds strong students and gives them a great experience.

Posted July 27, 2009

I love this school my daughter is going to the 5th grade and she is loving it and i am so happy too.

Posted January 26, 2009

This is my first year in driftwood I have two children one in 4th and one in 5th so my experince is bad. I wish I would have never moved to this school. My daughter the gifted glass Mrs.L is great. But my son is doing awlful and I have ask for help with no luck. No communication with his teacher and still waiting after two weks for the guidence teacher to return my call. All I was told is it was a choice for my child to behave in certain ways. So if he does not want to learn they are not going to teach him. Great just what we need another bum on the streets< I heard of this in high school but he is only 10 I make his choice not him but they are my eyes when he is there and I was just asking for

Posted June 30, 2008

My child has attened driftwood for kindergarten and first grade. I was a little unsure about the school to begin with but as the year went on and I saw how well my son was excelling in all areas I was very happy. When he went into 1st grade I helped out in the class and was very impressed with Mrs Q. She is amazing with the kids. The car pick up was crazy but very well supervised. We have moved out of the area but will miss the education and the teachers.

Posted January 20, 2006

The academic program is excellent. the teachers are very helpful. The music program and sports programs are very divers. Parent involvement is great. This is a good school.

Posted July 22, 2005

I have been very pleased with Driftwood Elementary thus far. My daughter has excelled with the curriculum that has been provided to her and has recently been placed in Driftwood's Gifted Program, which is just now forming for the upcoming year. The staff is very diligent and efficient. I had always feared my children getting bullied, but I have come to find that there is no need worry here. There was one small incident involving name calling last year and the matter was cleared up immediately and it never occured again. THANK YOU DRIFTWOOD ELEMENTARY!

Posted June 26, 2005

I think Driftwood is a good school. There is alot of cultural diversity, and the principal is commited to making the school a comfortable learning environment.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 1, 2005

Driftwood Elem. is a great school. My child's teacher is very interested in his progress. She is even willing to give out her home phone number so that parents may reach her at any time if there is a problem or question. The administration is always visible in the school. They are easy to get to and talk to. They are will to help out in any way possible. The best thing is that they are always out and about and the kids see that they are interested in them. Parents are alway welcomed on campus for whatever reason.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

79 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. GLADYS F DONOVAN
Fax number
  • (754) 323-5490

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2700 Northwest 69th Avenue