No rating

Sheridan Hills Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Hollywood

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $87,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,140.

Posted April 9, 2013

My son has been going to SHCS and I absolutely love it! He's almost 3yrs old and he has learned so much more than the other "school" I had him in before. The teachers, parents and students all are amazing!! I would definitely recommend it.

Posted June 1, 2012

Excellent... My daughter was coming from another school and her improving was awesome... Very good school .... I am so happy...

Posted May 10, 2012

The school is alright. The teachers are nice and friendly, the education is well, but the students well to much drama. The school is now having really strict polocies like if you dont tuck your shirt in, wear a belt, or wear a school jacket you get detention. If your not wearing pants with the SHCS logo on it or a school shirt you get sent home. If someone calls someone "crazy" even if playing around they get suspended, and if something happens online like on facebook and it has nothing to do with the school or bullying but its problems with someone then the student gets suspended. If you get 3 detentions in 1 quarter or skip detentioin you get saturday, if you skip saturday or dont show up you get suspended. Students are also not allowed to go to bathrooms or drink water between classes. There are to many problems at that school.

Posted April 15, 2010

One of the first things we noticed when touring Sheridan Hills before enrolling our oldest son was the amount of respect and manners the middle school and high school students showed adults...something that can be hard to come by in today's society. We greatly appreciate SHCS's focus on both academics and citizenship and look forward to our younger sons joining the ranks soon.

Posted April 15, 2010

I love Sheridan Hills Christian school because I have seen what a POSITIVE impact it has made, academically and morally on it's students!

Posted April 15, 2010

I have enjoyed working at Sheridan Hills for about 8 years. My children have done well since they started the school also. Their academics have improved greatly.

Posted April 15, 2010

This by far has been a great school for my child. he started in first grade and I am absolutely thrilled. I recommend this school to any parent who is looking for the small close nit atmosphere and the detailed attention your child needs to grow academically and beyond!

Posted November 2, 2009

great school, because they are teaching our chidrens the love of God

Posted October 9, 2009

A++ Excellent, beautiful and great in my book. I love this school. My child is happy and holds only the highest regard for the staff, teachers and coaches who do a great job and truly care about these kids. My child is encouraged, challenged and inspired daily through academics and sports. As with any private school adherent to budget constraints, of course there are things that could be better, and it would cost more to attend. The main thing here is the priority is on the students and their future, their future in Christ and the promotion of family values. It is a small school with a big heart. Support for the athletics programs is strong. Where do you find all that in this world?

Posted October 3, 2009

I like Sheridan Hills Christian School because of the Christian influence that is prevelant there.

Posted June 26, 2009

This is a very good school where you can find lots of good freinds, and the teachers are the best.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 29, 2009

My son transfer to this school from another private school and I am so happy and satisfied that this time I made the BEST choice. Tuition is a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. My child has developed so much academically and his Teacher is wonderful. I love the fact that she is very welcoming and I have her home phone number. I love this school and I highly recommend it!

Posted February 12, 2008

I've been at this school for 4 years and its a great school.It's almost like a close family.Academically we're great.Since there are small classes, it's easier for you to ask the teacher questions.We're a Christian School but religion is not shoved down your throat.Overall,SHCS has helped me improved academicall,sports wise, and in my religion (Christian).
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 23, 2007

My daughter transferred to this school from another private school. I agree with previous review the PTA is a bit disorganized. The teachers are a GIFT and any parent will feel safe knowing their child is in their care. The tuition is reasonable which is something hard to find for such a GREAT school. They do not PUSH the religion thing, only set the foundation of course for the children to believe in God and his teachings...again NOT too pushy..I love that part. Academically, they are in line with other programs and I'm confident that will only continue. The staff are always smiling and that means alot because they work there...I don't think that need clarification. I highly recommend this school to any parent who can afford it and if you can't they have tuition help programs too.

Posted January 25, 2007

Our child was in another private school and transferred here. The school is fantastic and the teachers love their students. The PTA is a bit unorganized but I'm sure thats everywhere. School safety thumbs up, great education level and most definitely great sports programs. Fantastic alternative to public school's overcroweded classrooms. Here they get best of both worlds. Solid foundation, not too pushy on the religion thing but again solid on education. Whether or not you are a believer in God, your child will be welcome here, no doubt. The school is well maintained, very clean and has great staff. Definitely was a great choice.

Posted February 5, 2006

Good school academically, has a very family environment, the kids and teachers seem to have a good relationship. The school has a sports program but it is very elementary, if you are looking for a school with a great sports programs this is not it, but if you are looking for a school where you child can be nurtured this is a good option.

Posted October 1, 2004

I had my children here for 3 years. I think that the academics are awesome at this school. The administration really is unorganized and terrible communication. I found problems with the financial administrator and the headmaster. Neither of them return phones calls or show any interest in helping parents at all. I would not recomend this school to someone who wants the personal touch and someone to call you back and explain everything in detail. As far as academics I would recommend this to parents with grade k5 and under.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (954) 961-1395

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3751 Sheridan Street