PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 07, 2016
I attended Nativity from Kindergarten through the 8th grade. I have very fond memories of my time there and the relationships I made. I still attend mass there weekly and am amazed that even after all this time ( I am now 29 years old) my old teachers still remember me by name. Truly a wonderful school in everyway and I am forever grateful for the sacrifices my parents made so that I could attend. I look forward to sending my own children there.

Posted April 14, 2015
Our daughter attended Nativity Elementary School and Middle school and then on to St. Thomas Aquinas then off to college at Florida Gulf Coast where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. Thanks Nativity for an excellent foundation. We love the principal and staff! Great work building our kids futures!

Posted October 30, 2014
I believe if you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all. Find another school.

Posted October 30, 2014
Classes are too large, 35 children. Teacher's are punitive & see no other perspective to teaching but their own. Ready to label any child that does not fit "their" social norm as a problem. Says they follow the diocese guideline of differentiated instruction but don't believe it. Does not recognize and award students fairly. Is too involved with being champions & not involved enough to educate all children to their full potential. Buildings and classrooms look like something out of the 70's. Charges some of the highest tuition fees for a Catholic elementary and middle school in the area and after reviewing several other Catholic Schools and the condition of their school I can't figure out what they do with the money. Also, regarding their children's Mass, I found it very disrespectful. Parents are loudly gossiping, children are learning from this how to act in Mass and for some reason they think they have to let the kids be loud and disorderly to make them want to attend.They need to be told to behave and be respectful. The Liturgical Dancers, teen and ore-teen girls dancing on the altar was the final straw for me. Check out the other Catholic Schools in the areas; I wish I had.

Nativity Elementary School 3

Posted October 06, 2014
OK but no robotics club or 20th century stuff.Library needs new books. Needs clean bathrooms!!!!!!! Broken and dirty stuff found in bathrooms and all over.

Posted April 07, 2014
I been looking a lot of schools for my son and definitly Nativity is the Best shool in Hollywood Florida!!!!!!!

Posted March 09, 2014
Attending Nativity from pre k-3 through grade 8 was a blessing. Not only did it help me get way ahead academically, but it also nourished my desire to play sports. Being a Catholic school, it taught Christian values, though it was never overbearing. The administration always encouraged practicing kindness, respect, and having a good Christian attitude.

Posted January 23, 2014
We chose school based on ads of excellence and for faith based education. Our experience reflected neither. Huge classes (38 not unusual). Punitive measures used by teachers. Favoritism rife. Campus: poorly maintained, often dirty, floods easily. Bathrooms often dirty and smelly. Poor post-jamboree cleanup with fly and maggot infestation around dumpsters as happened after 2011 jamboree. Education average to so-so. Emphasis on winning competitions; results used to tout school's excellence . Technology primitive and lacking. No facilities for gifted or struggling kids. Science taught sporadically. Kids check about half of their own classwork, and all math homework. Teachers miss a lot of errors when they check work. Faculty very mediocre overall, with literally 1 or 2 exceptions. Inbred staff, most of whom have been there too long. Office clerks and teacher's aides become full teachers in a short period of time. Need for new blood . Leadership and administration are not progressive and not receptive to parental concerns or anything other than maintaining the status quo.

Posted September 19, 2012
Fantastic. Great teachers and the parents so involved!. Well rounded and fun!! So happy there!!

Posted September 15, 2012
My family has had a very positive experience at Nativity. In our two years there we have noticed constant updating and renovations to the buildings and grounds. Not only that, we know our children are receiving an excellent education. The teachers are truly remarkable: patient, nurturing, and committed to meeting the children's needs. Discipline is firm yet gentle. The curriculum is very well-rounded, with many ways to learn, and also many enriching lessons and programs that are unique to this school. Most of all we value the spiritual education they receive here.

Nativity Elementary School
5200 Johnson Street, Hollywood, FL  33021
Last modified Nativity Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8