3,104 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at south dade are the best I've had in my life. I've always been changing from school to school and this is the one where I actually like my teachers and I understand.

Amount of homework: Agree

It doesn't stress me too much but I can do sports/ clubs and still manage to get my homework done. It helps me get better grades and helps me review what we did in class.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff, administration, and teachers are very nice and caring. This ensures a good future for your child.

I love this school the students are really nice and the teachers care about you and your grades. I feel like it's a safe environment and that everything the school has to offer me will benefit me in the future.

The staff members are incredibly rude and offer absolutely no help. If you're a student or parent who needs to stay in contact with staff members because of certain issues or situations, forget about this place. The school's not worth dealing with.

Reading all the comments below I am afraid of my daughter attending this school for the first time. I tried to get a transfer but unfortunately the school I want is full. I will pray that all turns out well for my child at this school and get a transfer as soon as I can.

to the parent that wrote in on Feb 16, 2011...try grammar classes prior to bashing the teachers and school

Bad school. Dont waste you time. The school board want even follow up on the complaints. Dont even take you dogs there :( Help..................................

I had my child at a local private school before transferring him to South Dade Senior. The rigor in academics is superb and my child is flourishing taking AP classes. I love South Dade Senior

My child has done excellent in the AP Courses. The teachers are very helpful, return my calls, go the extra mile in assuring that students get the help they need to understand the course and pass. Their VPA Dance Program is the best, they put on a great show and the director and teacher are wonderful. Parent involvement and support is very important and it works hand in hand, I get involved as much as possible. This school has come a long way, I applaud them and hats off to the principal.

Last modified South Dade Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.