Hudson Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 658 students

Posted August 23, 2013

My Daughters school is one of the best she is only a week into the school year and is already showing so much progress Thanks Hudson Elementary

Posted August 9, 2012

This school is great!!!! My son has been going there for two years and loves it. He has improved on all levels! My youngest son starts kindergarden soon and I cant wait to see how well he does. Thank you Hudson Elem for great staff and fun environment for my boys! The after school place program is great also fun and safe!

Posted January 20, 2010

I have 2 children prenstly going to hes i whould say that mrs. Beats and mrs rehm are far most wonderl best teachers i have ever met. The only proplem i have about this school is they do not challenge my dauther as much as they use to at her old scholl saftey harber elementery.

Posted February 21, 2008

I'm not happy with this school they promote bad behavior from other children and my child is not happy at this elementary school.

Posted January 12, 2007

Just wanted to let everyone know that I would never send my children to any other school. I have 4 children ages 20 to 9, and they all have went to this school. The teachers my kids have had were all wonderful! Dawn Finnerman you r the best we love you! Mrs.Ross you are one of the best teachers I could have ever asked for, my kids all loved you very much. Mrs.Adams/Gordie/Zelienski/& Webb u guys r great!And there has been several others threw the years.I appreciate everything u have done for my kids.My girls are all A-B Honor Roll at HMS & have adjusted very well. My son is doing awesome and above average.The PTA is awesome 2.. Anna & the office staff R great.( u guys know who u r). As you know this is the last year for us. So thank you. K DEWITT

Posted September 19, 2006

this school has been around a longtime great rep., one son went 2-5 & now have a K5 school has went to a great level of security to make sure our kids are safe! Same faces which is always a plus w/ afew new ones in there as many kids & parents that go thru on a daily basis a lot of teachers & staff remember you on a 1st name base not only by face I believe in this school & other Hudson schools!

Posted September 18, 2006

We love Hudson Elementary School. The Teachers and Staff are all wonderful to deal with. My son has done wonderfully, and absolutely LOVES school. I would pick HES out of any of the schools in our immediate area.

Posted September 18, 2006

I approve of Hudson Elementary. The only thing that I have a problem with is Dicipline. I don't believe there is enough of it. Last year my son was bullied alot and it was serious on several occasions ( having to be sent to the school nurse) I wasn't notified and no action was taken towards the boys EVER. I had to threaten to press charges before it stopped.

Posted November 8, 2005

I have an ESE student in 3rd, a 2nd and K. There is no parent involvement in this school. The staff does the best they can with no support from the homefront in most cases. I am very displeased with my childrens experiences at Hudson over the past 2and a half years.

Posted September 22, 2005

Unfortionetly I dont know how well I would rate this school. Although My daughter got high marks I also think that she was not challanged very much. She started the school year in illinois and when we transferred her here I found that she was way ahead to my surprize due to the fact that illinois schools start so much later than Fl Schools this concerned me because it took several months for them to teach the things that she had already learned in Illinois. This kinda frustrates me because as we all want our children to recieve a good education.

Posted September 7, 2005

My grandchildren enjoyed attending HES and I have to say Mrs. Hanson is the best teacher I have ever met. Without her caring and loving teaching method my grandsons would not have gone as far as they have. Mr.s Hanson is without a doubt the most awesome, best teacher and I feel all teachers should learn from her. I nominate her for teacher of the century. Thank you HES for employing her. I only wish my grandsons didn't have to go back home. They miss her and HES. I highly recomend this school for its superior teachers and staff.

Posted November 9, 2004

My kids deeply enjoyed going to this school, and besides the crowded halls I enjoyed this as well. The school provides a great many activities for student and even has an after-school program in place as well. The teacher's are knowledgeable as well as they can be, though the text books are lacking in basics.

Posted August 14, 2004

The administration at Hudson Elementary is by far the most professional I have encountered. As a substitute teacher, I enjoy working with the Hudson staff and find that the students are happy and willing to learn. All students are treated equal, despite the individual differences, and even the custodial crew makes you feel welcome! As an outsider, I would choose Hudson Elem. before any other in the county.

Posted August 26, 2003

I have one child that has been at HES for 6 years. Thankfully this should be his last year there. I have had nothing but problems with this school, the teachers and school officials. Since he was in K I have asked for help since I believed there was a learning disability. I was put off with the comments that it was a 'boy thing' and he would grow out of it. He never did grow out of it. Finally in 5th grade he is receiving the help he needs through the school, only because I insisted that he be tested and had to make a real pain of myself to the school. My other child in the school is an excellent learner and has done very well her classes. So when the other parent tells you that the education there is excellent.........well it is if you have a child that is already above average. If you have a special needs child, please do not choose this school for them. I am having to pay for outside tutoring because when I had him tested in 4th grade he was at a 1st grade level straight across the board. Tidbits: There is an excellent volunteer program. The school is coming into the computer age with newsletters and training skills for the children. There are no licensed nurses on staff in the clinic. The school psychologist is there approximately 2-3 days per week. The monkey bars on the playground have been rusted and bubbling for the past 6 years and cause cuts and blisters to the children's hands.

Posted June 26, 2003

I have 3 children presently attending Hudson Elementary and I am thrilled with this school. All my children have thrived and are significantly above average in all areas tested. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and participate in all areas. Our volunteer hours are among the highest in the county. I can not say enough about the teachers and administrators in this school. They are exceptional and are continually striving to improve and expand services. We need more schools and teachers like Hudson Elementary.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

111 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

110 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. TRACY A GRAZIAPLENE
Fax number
  • (727) 774-4091

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now