Beauclerc Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1150 students

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

i can't wait to get mt daughter out of this school and into a charter school!

Posted November 3, 2013

I am so glad that I decided to put my child in the dual language program at Beauclerc last year. By the end of kindergarten she was already reading and writing on grade level in Spanish! The dual language teachers are so caring, passionate and devoted to their students. I love that the dual language program creates its own smaller community within the school! Also, the new art teacher this year is amazing!!

Posted June 26, 2013

Very disappointed in this school, my child was in the dual language program this year and had an over all horrible experience the first half of the school year, his teacher thought it was appropriate to rip up papers that the children did not do correctly. We teach our children better manners and not to bully other children what happens when teachers bully our children?? My child had a severe lack of confidence, crying a lot and an overall lack of interest (depressed if you will) . I had no idea what was going on until I hear that the teacher was basically humiliating children in front of there classmates. Needless to say I pulled my child from that class when I found out the teaching style of this individual and my child soared through the rest of the year and I'm happy to say has his self confidence back as well as a new outlook on school!! If you read this and you know how you are you should be ashamed of yourself, if you don't like your job step a side and let other teachers that want to teach our children have a chance...

Posted October 28, 2010

I thought this was a great school...I was wrong. I am not too sure the faculty cares for the students. What I have seen thus far is inconsistancy of the expectation from the student, lack of genuine care for the progress of the student, and overall lack of self discipline from the teachers. Is it right for a teacher to say shut-up to a child under any circumstances? What about to the extent of taping a childs feet to the floor with duck-tape because he is hyper-active...what about taking the children outside and having recess once a day for an energy release so that the children may concentrate better. Since when does a teacher decide to have recess inside the classroom everyday because it's too hot for the "teachers" to go outside? mmh...I wonder to whose benifit it is to stay inside all the time. Would I recommend this school? "NO"

Posted October 20, 2010

This school has been great to both my daughter and my son. Not only do the teachers become very involved, but the assistants make a huge difference as well. Hartless/Gibbons/Peck will forever be someone my daughter looks up to. The things that parents try to teach their children at home sometimes get blown off, well because we are the parents :), have been taught here at this school and it means the world to a lot of parents. Thank you everyone on staff because everyday you make a difference in a lot of lives. Kudos to all of you.

Posted August 5, 2009

My son is going into 1st grade. He started his school experience with a great teacher ( Queen Hicks ) He wants to take her with him every year. I hope his 1st grade teacher is as great as his Kindergarten teacher. We will miss Queen Hicks!!!

Posted May 31, 2009

My son is finishing his last year at Beauclerc. He started with a wonderful kindergarten experience (Queen Hicks) and ended with a wonderful 5th grade experience (Mr Gibbons & Mrs Whitelaw). 1st grade was rough due to the teacher which messed up his 2nd year too. He rebounded when he got Mrs. Costiloe in the 3rd grade. Overall, Beauclerc is a great school. I HIGHLY recommend the teachers I have mentioned!

Posted May 30, 2009

I could not ask for a better school or a better teacher Ms Teper. She is my son's kindergarden teacher and she has made his transition into school such a wonderful experience. He just loves her. Beauclerc is an excellent school. Great Job

Posted August 18, 2008

I pray that as the school year progresses, I will appreciate the overall progress. My first dealing with this school was orientation and I was very disappointed. For an A school, I expected a lot less visible CHAOS and wished there had been more structure to the orientation. I don't yet know what to really think of the school or about my daughter having a male teacher in 2nd grade. And for first time parents/students to the school, someone could have taken the time to show us around without rushing us in different directions.

Posted August 11, 2008

I would highly recommend this school to any parent. I have loved this school since my daughter was in kindergarten; she is now a 5th grader and a patrol. The teachers are WONDERFUL! Kudos Teachers- Courter, Hurst, Locy/Taylor, Delke, Lee.

Posted August 9, 2008

Beauclerc is a great school. Very clean, teachers and faculty very friendly and helpful. Great academic lessons. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great elementary school in the neighborhood.

Posted July 28, 2008

I love Beauclerc Elementary. They truly live up to the 'No child is left behind' standards. Very resourceful and in constant research of a better way for your child. I'm very thankful to the principal, teachers and everyone at beauclerc Elementary.

Posted October 5, 2007

Ms. Locy, first grade teacher, goes the extra mile to help my daughter. The school staff is available when I need them; the new Principal is very energetic, kids love her. Beauclerc is a great school in a needed area. More extra curricular activities should be included in the curriculum. I love the teachers at Beauclerc Elementary, they are the best.

Posted May 18, 2007

I have to tell you how wonderful Ms. Bennett is. My 1st grader had a rough time when he started due to a long distance move from out of state. Ms. Bennett never got upset with him and showed him so much compassion. My son has come so far.(academically and emotionally!) I visited the class the end of this year and I was amazed at the compassion yet firmness she had in the class. She is wonderful! I wish I could carry her into 2nd grade with my son. We'll miss her very much! PTA Not so good. I signed up and never received one contact the entire year. Nothing. Not impressed. At all.

Posted June 16, 2006

I believe this is an excellent school . My son attended kindergarten there and loved it. Not only did he learn a lot in just one year he really looked forward to going and hated to miss even when he was sick. Mrs schutt is an incredible teacher who is firm but caring with all her students.

Posted June 5, 2006

This is a great school, my son was having difficulties with school and as soon as I requested he get some help he did. I has a great E.S.E. teacher and this year has received A,B honor bid difference.

Posted February 3, 2006

Excellent school. Caring teachers, principal and parents.Work with students to improve their skills.

Posted January 9, 2006

The school was more student oriented when the classes were smaller and there was a lower student:teacher ratio.

Posted December 15, 2005

This is an excellent school.

Posted November 2, 2005

We have had horrible encountors with the administration. They fail to admit fault when they are obviously wrong. Very little parent support.I have always felt 'talked down to' when adressing problems and concerns.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

166 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

166 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

167 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 5% 3%

Other degree 1%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4555 Craven Rd W