Posted December 08, 2013
This is our daughter's senior year and couldn't be happier! Never had any problems until this year. VERY unorganized & no one seems to want to help get questions answered re: schedules, dual enrollment, etc. Orientation- a joke, waited in line for hours, finally had to leave due to work, no one there to answer questions or to stop kids from cutting in lines in front of those waiting. Took until mid-October to finally get schedule straight! Worst of all, seniors go in to try to take care of things -they are treated like idiots & nothing is done until a parent intervenes. WHY? You are supposed to be preparing students for the world, how about helping them to get their issues resolved without mom or dad having to come in to deal with every little thing. Front office staff lax & indifferent, Guidance a little better but still could use some social skills. Come on Sandalwood, get it together! You are losing what was a great reputation.

Posted August 08, 2012
This is the most unorganized mess I have ever seen. No one communicates. The staff just seem to be moving along aimlessly with no regard to the welfare of the kids. I have visited the office three times to find out about schedules for events and always have to go through several channels to get an answer and sometimes, they will just completely ignore me standing at the desk. Yesterday was the orientation for the group my son will be attending for his senior year. They waited in line for three hours and no one knew the answer to any of their questions. Kids came in and cut in the lines and were obnoxious and no one was there to stop this. My son found one of his teachers from two years past who assisted him but his schedule is still messed up. Come on Sandalwood, the staff really needs to get it together especially at the front office. I went up last year to find out about the date for prom and one woman was just sitting there filing her nails completely oblivious....my son says they treat the students the same way. It's ridiculous.

Posted December 26, 2011
I am a Senior at Sandalwood High and my experience here with the students and teachers are great but with the guidance counselors, bad. The guidance counselors here are not helpful and are sometimes rude. I feel intimidated by them and look at me as if I am an idiot and is wasting their time. The teachers on the other hand are fun, helpful and love to teach. Only a few are unhelpful to students and will be fired. The clubs are fun, and although I only started to join clubs during my Senior year, i find all enjoyable except the NHS society. That club is extremely easy to get into so much that all you need to do is LIE. So far this year we have about 90 members. The notifications for the meetings are somewhat last minute, and I have not been to a meeting yet so far this year. The Senior events are fun, and despite all the hard classes we need to take to make our college applications appealing, I believe I am having a lot of fun. I am stressed out a lot from thoughts of college, my job, the money and schoolwork, but some of my teachers are very understanding and helpful. The school is disorganized, but I feel that it's still a great school to go to.

Posted October 30, 2011
I love this school, my coworkers, and students. The culture is fabulous. As with any large school, students who go looking for trouble will find it...but for the most part there is so much going on that students can find their place easily.

Posted June 07, 2011
Wow, this school has made an incredible tranformation in the past several years!! I was truly hesitant about my daughter attending Sandalwood, however, it has been a blessing. The administration & faculty have really gone the extra mile to make changes, and they have succeeded. This school earned an "A" for 2009-10, up from a "C". I think that says a lot. They also have the Early College High School program, which is awesome. For students who are motivated and want to get ahead or just need that extra challenge, it is a great program, and what parent would complain about their child earning their AA degree free of charge!! Sandalwood has had a bad reputation for a long time, but that is all talk..this is a great school.

Posted June 06, 2011
I am a senior at Sandalwood. Graduating class of 2011. Of course I am an average student that will complain about my teachers & the students there, but in reality the school is a very good school. Unfortunatly I waited until my senior year to take advantage of the vigorous academic AP and honors courses & I also waited until my last year to participate in the ample amount of sports & activities offered by the school. I tell everyone this, if you plan on going to Sandalwood school is what you make of it. Take advantage of AVID, a college preparatory program, join the extracuriculars that are offered, & do not take your education for granted, do not get involved with the wrong crowd. People may choose to look down on Sandalwood, when realistically your child just needs to be smart enough not to do ingorant things & to get involved with the group of ignorance there, that is also found in every school. You can not keep your child in a protective bubble & be affraid to expose your child to "possible" threats. You should have raised your child better than that anyways. Oh yeah, & Sandalwood is now an A school. :) So it has drastically changed from what it used to be.

Sandalwood High School 4

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted June 20, 2009

Sandalwood High School 4

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009
I'm a junior about to be a senior and i've been at Sandalwood since freshman year and i LOVE it! The school has a wonderful staff of administration and teachers, most will stick with any and all students to keep them on track with grades, attendance and discipline.

Sandalwood High School
2750 John Prom Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32246
Last modified Sandalwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandalwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top