Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,339
Before care: Yes

Mandarin Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
The July 4th posting "obviously" did not have a positive experience. That's fine. This school can't be that bad considering this year's enrollment (2014-2015) boasts a 400 student body increase (i.e. total 1500) as well as new "additional" teachers; " In Spite Of" the new charter school opening a couple blocks away. "Obviously" this person assumes previous positive postings are by administrators. Don't assume unless you have the "FACTS". Parents "Do" support the positive and post as well as those parents who unfortunately experienced the otherwise. Here's a thought....could you be a disgruntled employee posting as a parent ? Mandarin Middle is an "A" school for several years running.

Posted July 04, 2014
Last few reviews obviously written by administrators worried about losing more than the usual 100 students per year to charters. A charter is opening a block away next year.

Posted May 28, 2014
This is top notch education. Cambridge and honors program is a stellar. Staff is on top of their students and safety. Many students here excell in sports and academics. This school is at the top of Duval county public schools. Wide range of diversity which is needed in our society. FCAT is a priority slong with college prep. Proud of this school.

Posted May 22, 2014
Rasism is defended at this school. Many kids are bullied and gang beatings occur. Very bad school

Posted May 22, 2014
This school is fantastic! Issues will come up in any school, and I'm sorry for the bad publicity right now. There are two sides to every story. I gave this school 5 stars in everything but parental involvement. Parents don't want to be involved with the school or help out with volunteering, and then they complain about every little incident. For those of us going to the school to help out once in awhile, we can see that the teachers care. They are there because they love teaching, and they care about the students. I realize that the students are not going to like every single teacher, just like in life they are not going to like every single boss or manager that they will have. Some personalities just don't mesh. I would recommend the school to anyone who is considering a charter school. It has not been an "A" for 13 straight years for nothing. Go Mandarin Middle!

Posted May 22, 2014
Great school! My son had a good first year. Easy transition from elementary. Helpful staff. Super teachers!

Posted May 22, 2014
In my experience as a 7th and 8th grader at Mandarin Middle, I found it to be a great school. The teachers were very caring about the students and their educations. I am currently attending Mandarin High, and find that I miss many of my middle school teachers. The educational system at the school was great in my opinion, and I actually learned and retained much of what was taught, especially in the English program. My 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Bishop was one of my favorite teachers, someone who really impacted my life by being very understanding and helpful, and was always there for students who needed her academically and emotionally. I was also a member of the swim team for both of my years at the school. I thoroughly enjoyed my practices and meets, and really felt a sense of team unity and bonding. Overall, I found MMS to be a excellent school, and never felt threatened by anyone or anything. The security was not overwhelming and very friendly, but were not afraid to take action if necessary. I enjoyed my time there, and I believe upcoming students of the school will, too.

Posted May 21, 2014
The staff is only there for the paychecks not the kids. They allow fights and act as if they don't see it. This school is perfect if you don't mind if your kid fails and gets into serious fights.

Mandarin Middle School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
I am horrified at the lack of interest in the bullying and brutality that happens daily at this school! There is no follow up and the child being bullied is punished as well as the abuser. What kind of policy is that?! As if the child has not suffered enough...! Not a safe place!

Posted September 27, 2013
This school definitely accompanies the lowest common denominator. From my time there as a 6th, 7th, and 8th grader this school rates far below par. There are terrible students (disrespectful), teachers move due dates back further and further to accommodate the majority of the class who didn't do the assignment, and there is a lack of enthusiasm and teaching mechanics. The only teacher who inspired me was my 6th grade history teacher Mr. Mingledorff, any other was mediocre and the school is just uninspiring I got straight age from MY KNOWLEGE and needed no help from those "instructors." I applied to Stanton College Prep. and I am succeeding there no help from Mandarin but I can humbly say to look elsewhere.

Mandarin Middle School
5100 Hood Road, Jacksonville, FL  32257
Last modified Mandarin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mandarin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 89 reviews. Top