Chet's Creek Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1281 students

Posted October 18, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this school. The administration and teachers are committed to engaging children, which in my opinion, is the key to sucessful learning!

Posted May 13, 2009

Great school if all you want to do is socialize with other parents! My child is in a huge class with 36 kids. In my opinion way too big to provide quality instruction. I was right! Not only did my child progress slowly in reading and writing, but the teachers waited until 1 month before school ends to let us know that extensive tutoring over the summer would be needed to advance to 1st grade. Homework has ended 3 weeks before the end of school. The parents and teachers at this school are snobs to say it nicely. All working parents are left out of the loop so bad it is unprofessional. I am pulling my child out, private school next year!

Posted March 15, 2009

I am so happy with Chet's Creek, we moved here from Atlanta, GA and can't say enough good things about the school. Thank you so much to the teachers and administrative staff for all their hard work and dedication. My daughter loves school now and is achieving, loves to learn and do her homework. :O) She's in Kindergarten now.

Posted November 3, 2008

Awesome teachers and parent's involvement. Who needs private schools when you have a school like this!!!

Posted October 14, 2008

We LOVE Chet's Creek. It is an outstanding school!We moved from NY last year and my daughter started at Chet's Creek in March, right from the begining the teacher Miss Sasso (who is wonderful) made her feel at home. it made the move so much easier. My daughter now is in the 1st grade and she loves going to school.... We just can not say enough about Chet's Creek!

Posted August 7, 2008

Teaching staff is completely OUTSTANDING! The gifted program at Chet's Creek has challenged my 2 sons and prepared them for middle school.

Posted July 31, 2008

Chets Creek Elementary is an excellent school dedicated to meeting the needs of all its students. It is a magical place full or loving, caring people who have dedicated their lives to children. No better anywhere!

Posted July 28, 2008

I think that this school is the best school in Jacksonville. The front office staff and teachers are wonderful. My kids love this school and I do as well!

Posted June 3, 2008

We transfered to Chets Creek in the middle of Kindergarted and my daughter is now finishing 2nd grade. We have been so blessed with her teachers, Mrs Donalson and Mrs Lankford. The children love them. They are outstanding teachers and everyday it shows how much they love what they do. The leadership is wonderful they make learning fun for the children. The love and unity is felt throughout the whole school. We look forward to 3rd grade, we know it will be another wonderful year.

Posted May 14, 2008

I am very happy we found this school when we moved here from Texas . Iwas concerned that my daughter was going to have trouble adjusting to a new school . The staff and her teachers have done a great job in helping her to adjust and she has made alot of new friends. My son will be starting kindergarten in the fall an is really excited to get back to school, he was in Pre-K before we moved and was sad that there was no Pre-K here. I as a parent love the location because we live across the street. The school is great they make learning fun and exciting for the kids.

Posted July 28, 2007

Chets Creek is an amazing school that my daughter will not be able to attend for 5th grade due to a move to another area of town. Ms Morris & Ms Metzger, her teachers last year, understood that even StraightA students need encouragement, sometimes even more to prevent from straying.The entire school has an atmosphere of striving for success with such passion that it would be hard for any student not to get the help that they need. They continuously had workshops for parents to help them be a part of the process as well. There was a GREAT balance between fun and learning so the kids did not get bored. My daughter would like me to add also that the principal would get on the daily news show and provide encouragement as well.Way to go CHETS CREEK ELEMENTARY for a SUPERB job!!! There are not enough words to express how great this school is.

Posted July 19, 2007

I am a teacher (not at Chet's Creek) and as a teacher I can not recommend Chet's Creek enough. As a parent of three I can give you great testimonials of how well the school has prepared my kids for the future. My two oldest are in Middle school now but have great memories of all of their teachers and friends at Chet's Creek. They are both leaders and achivers, continuing to score high on their tests, and get excellent grades. My soon to be 4th grade boy has an intense love for learning, and has also made some great friends at the school. If you are considering Chet's Creek for you child, please stop the search for any other school. Chet's Creek is the best!! Sincerely, TeacherK

Posted July 16, 2007

I absolutely love Chet s Creek Elementary. I am so fortunate my daughter is able to attend such a distinguished school. Ms. Phillips, the principal, is one of the sweetest, kind-hearted people I have met. My daughter s kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Bridges & Ms. Lewis, were terrific to say the least. One of them even had a baby during the school year and was so dedicated to her school children she came back to work before her 6-weeks. She is an incredible woman. Their patience with the children and ability to calm 30 kindergartens with such a small voice amazed me. My daughter was reading, performing arithmetic, counting coins (money), and doing science projects by the middle of the school year. My daughter enjoyed going to school and interacting with the science, arts, and physical education teachers, as well. I can not express enough the gratitude toward Chet's Creek.

Posted June 29, 2007

This school is FCAT only and kids with learn problems are left behind. You have a child that all year make no progress all year that's a problem.

Posted June 11, 2007

Great school! My son has attended K-1 so far and we are looking forward to 2nd grade.

Posted May 7, 2007

I can say that this is a very good school. My biggest concern is that they teach the FCAT without fail and my son is ADHD which causes him to fall through the cracks. I beleive that kids like my son should be taught using a different curriculum and not have so much focus on FCAT. Principal is too friendly with teachers. Teachers try hard but get frustrated as we parents of ADHD kids do. Overall though, there is a tremendous amount of extra help afforded my son. I just hope that as we progress, no child really gets left behind! If they would/could focus more on deep learning and not just the surface for special needs children.

Posted April 27, 2007

Great School! Teacher-Parent relationship is excellent.

Posted February 22, 2007

I was not very satisfied with the quality of my son's elementary school. So after attending his previous elementary school from K-2, I decided to put him in another school. After extensive research on what Public School would meet my straight A son's academic needs, I chose Chets Creek Elementary. And I couldn't have made a better choice. Even though my son was already a straight A student, he absolutely loved this school. There were no wild tales, bad experiences, bullying, etc. Nothing. I was so grateful for such a happy child. I knew he was in the right place ... so it didn't surprise me when Chets Creek was rated one of Florida's top 100 schools in 2006. His teachers were great and available (for the most part), but above all... he loved it, and his straight A status and scores of 5 on the FCAT continued. Great School.

Posted September 20, 2006

Chets Creek has been a tradition in our family since my oldest began Kindergarten in 2000. Shes now in a magnet for the academically gifted/talented middle schools having scored a 96 on the FCAT verbal at the end of last year. She has fond memories of her teachers there. My Kindergartner this year has her big sisters Kindergarten teacher and all good things lie ahead from here. Mr. Roark, Mrs. Walag, Mrs. Shannon, Mrs. Howard, Mrs. Meissner are all top notch. Mr. Roark used to even call home to tell me how wonderful my oldest was! I was able to volunteer more when the oldest was there but now I work full-time and don't get the earlier review about how not being able to volunteer is a hindrance to her child's success, my #2 is blossoming into a class leader and comes home everyday just as happy as she left.

Posted September 19, 2006

Great resources, but I can't say much about the teaching. My child has been there for three years, and it keeps getting worse. They tell me all the time what he can't do, yet he can do it all at home. I don't feel the teachers really teach, I think they basically all expect the children to learn at home and than show the teachers what they can do when they get to school. Appalling. Principal and teachers have favorites, which is expected, but they are so obvious about it that it is disgusting.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

198 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

198 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

193 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

186 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

185 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

186 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

13200 Chets Creek Boulevard