PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am proud of our pastor, school, teachers, students, and the involvement of our parents. We all work hard to meet the needs of every student. When we all work together, everyone benefits. Thank you for making St. Matthew's an excellent place for academic, social, and spiritual growth. God Bless.
February 24, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 02, 2016
AWESOME SCHOOL!!! The best in the area. Initially,I put my son at St Paul catholic school and it was a disaster. I switched him to St Matthew and this was the best decision that I made. St Matthew is an awesome school. The principal is very approachable and kind. She addresses every concern that you may have. This school listens to the parents. The teachers are constantly giving me updates about my son's progress and they tell me what to focus on at home. Trust me, this is the best school in the area and I spoke to other parents and they all feel the same way. I love this school. I moved to Louisiana recently and until this day I cannot find a school like St. Matthew. I visited nearly 50 schools they are nothing like this school. I really think St. Matthew for all they have done to provide a good education to my son.

Posted April 05, 2016
My children have attended St Matthews going on 5 Years. In this time my children have learned a great deal. The teachers are amazing as well as the parents. I have also had an older daughter graduate from St Matthews to Bishop Kenny, who now makes all A's and takes honors classes. This school prepares the children with the knowledge needed and then some. Teaches them hard work ethics and challenges their thinking. I love that this is a small atmosphere for my children to learn.

St Matthew Catholic School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 05, 2016
Thank you to all the teachers at St. Matthews for caring for our children and teaching them

St Matthew Catholic School 4

Posted September 05, 2013
My daughter attends St. Matthews and she loves it. As a parent, I have been happy with the teachers and the positive enviroment. I think the teachers expect a lot out of the students which will only help prepare them for what lies ahead. Overall, we think it's a great school!

St Matthew Catholic School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
My children have gone to this school for 3 years now. We are very happy with the school, the teachers and the administration. The only thing that stopped me from giving this a 5 star review is the fact that some of the lower classes don't revive enough of the extra curricular classes, such as art class once a month.

Posted February 15, 2013
In response to the post dated January 2, 2013: With all due respect, we appreciate all the frustration you feel because of the educational challenges your grandson has had in the different school settings he has been in. Despite the variety of accomodations we provided, we are sorry you were disappointed by our efforts and wish him the best in his new school setting.

St Matthew Catholic School 1

Posted January 02, 2013
St Matthews Catholic School offers the McKay Scholarship for children who are ADHD. My grandson started school in the Fall of 2012 we had high hopes of getting the extra assistance he needed for learning, however after a few meetings with the teacher and numerous emails of concerns regarding his test scores..the teacher stated she could not give him more time for tests or assignments etc. The McKay Scholarship is given to students who specifically need the extra time to complete tests, assignments and extra assistance for learning whatever subject. Again his Mother sent an email to the teacher, principal and the guidance counselor on 12/5/2012 requesting a meeting regarding the concerns she had for her son. As of today 1/2/2013 there has been no acknowledgement from any of the three people mentioned above. My grandson will no longer attend the school as the faculty at this school have failed miserably by not administering the criteria of the McKay Scholarship and should cease advertising they offer the program as the students who need it will not get the accommodations! The last 4 months have been a total Waste!

St Matthew Catholic School 2

Posted May 09, 2012
School is small and ok if you have a child who is struggling academically, scince they don't expect to much from the students. Typical resources but nothing to brag about. Part time is a big thing at this school, part time Gym class, part time counselor, part time computers and library etc.. Cost to go to this school is a lot lower than other private schools, but you know what they say "you get what you pay for". If you are a member of the church you will have a great experience at this school or if you have an average student. School is more interested in raising money, which most parents are fine with because if you are a home room mother expect to spend a lot out of your own pocket and have the same 3 volunteers out of a class of 30 children, most parents can't be bothered, even with the mandatory volunteer hours, most parents just pay for them. Bullying is a problem at this school and will probably be that way in the future the school and principal are in denial and don't want to rock the boat with their parishoiners. Join the church and keep the money flowing and your child will ve a great time up to the 8th grade at this school.

Posted June 09, 2011
Our children have been attending St. Matthew's for five years, and they love it. They are happy, healthy, well adjusted children, and the school is a positive environment. We love the small school atmosphere and the fact that they attend Mass every Friday. There are plenty of extracurricular activities and resources during the day as well. There is also plenty of parental involvement and activities to keep whole families engaged. We do wish the foreign language was a little more in depth, but overall, we are very happy with the staff, teachers, principal, and education.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 24, 2011

St Matthew Catholic School
1767 Blanding Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified St Matthew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8