PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am proud of our pastor, school, teachers, students, and the involvement of our parents. We all work hard to meet the needs of every student. When we all work together, everyone benefits. Thank you for making St. Matthew's an excellent place for academic, social, and spiritual growth. God Bless.
February 24, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I wanted to take a moment and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the evening I had with Dylan and Oliver tonight. True, neither of you were physically there, but your spirit, unconditional love, dedication, values, priorities, faith, and overall awesomeness were. As a parent, which I know we can all relate to, it is natural to wonder, second guess, reflect, and criticize ourselves as we ask if we are doing what we should - if we are truly raising good, wholesome, Christ loving little people. Tonight was my last night with the boys until 2:00 PM on Christmas Day. We spent the evening just enjoying one another, and I suggested we write our letters to Santa so Shelf the Elf could deliver them while they are with their dad. The boys excitedly got their supplies from their art closet and got to work as I watched, helped and enjoyed. Why am I telling you this? Because they both finished their lists, but asked if instead they could show me everything they made at school. EVERY single item, craft, composition, illustration, gift, etc. that came out of both of their bags was based on the true reason for the season - Jesus. They didn't simply regurgitate the "Sunday school" answer when we discussed each item - they glowed, they explained, they shared, and they lived their love for Christ. Thank you. Thank you for making my job easier. Thank you for supporting me always - even when you don't realize you are. Thank you for showing my boys God is real and his love for them will never waiver. Thank you for bringing our faith to life. Thank you for walking the walk and talking the talk. Thank you for loving my most precious gifts just as they are. You are both the epitome of Christian love. Thank you. Please excuse any typos....this is an emotional email to send, mainly because it is hard to put into words just how much SMCS and the teachers mean to me. Obviously I want my children to succeed in the academic realm, but first and foremost I want them to be good, loving, charitable boys who turn into men displaying these same traits for their families and communities. Days like to today solidify even further my honest belief that God directed me to SMCS for so many wonderful reasons.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

My concerns have been effectively dealt with any time I have brought it to their attention.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

As an educator myself, I completely agree.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal and her administration are dedicated 110% to the students' well being and their families. The church and parish support these efforts in a truly genuine way that means the world to me and my children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I always know what to expect and what is expected of my children.

AWESOME SCHOOL!!! The best in the area. Initially,I put my son at St Paul catholic school and it was a disaster. I switched him to St Matthew and this was the best decision that I made. St Matthew is an awesome school. The principal is very approachable and kind. She addresses every concern that you may have. This school listens to the parents. The teachers are constantly giving me updates about my son's progress and they tell me what to focus on at home. Trust me, this is the best school in the area and I spoke to other parents and they all feel the same way. I love this school. I moved to Louisiana recently and until this day I cannot find a school like St. Matthew. I visited nearly 50 schools they are nothing like this school. I really think St. Matthew for all they have done to provide a good education to my son.

My children have attended St Matthews going on 5 Years. In this time my children have learned a great deal. The teachers are amazing as well as the parents. I have also had an older daughter graduate from St Matthews to Bishop Kenny, who now makes all A's and takes honors classes. This school prepares the children with the knowledge needed and then some. Teaches them hard work ethics and challenges their thinking. I love that this is a small atmosphere for my children to learn.

My daughter attends St. Matthews and she loves it. As a parent, I have been happy with the teachers and the positive enviroment. I think the teachers expect a lot out of the students which will only help prepare them for what lies ahead. Overall, we think it's a great school!

My children have gone to this school for 3 years now. We are very happy with the school, the teachers and the administration. The only thing that stopped me from giving this a 5 star review is the fact that some of the lower classes don't revive enough of the extra curricular classes, such as art class once a month.

Last modified St Matthew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8